New Member Introductions thread
Feb 10, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #3,166 of 15,539
Hi,
I am Maulik and I am from India. I love music and I started exploring earphones territory on Head-Fi. I liked it so I signed up to discuss and get help. I am slowly starting journey in audiophile arena and I am sure head-fi will be great platform to get suggestion and help. If any guys have suggestion on how to start and where to look for, please suggest.
Thank you Head-fi for superb community. :)  

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #3,167 of 15,539
Hello guys my name is Eduard and I recently got sucked into the world of audio, so far I have owned Sennheiser HD598, Audio Technica m50x, and currently own a Sennheiser HD600 which I love. Next step for me is to purchase a Schiit Magni 2 to get my headphones enough juice.

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #3,168 of 15,539
Hello everyone, im Alessandro. Im from Italy and im 23 years old. I just started to get interested by the audio world, especially because i just bought the Beyerdynamic DT 990 (250Ω). Hope to meet nice and expert guys about this world (fantastic). 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #3,169 of 15,539
Hi, I'm Paul.  "Hi, Paul" groans the rest of the group on cue....

I've always been into high-fidelity technologies, and find it's time to invest more time and energy into the art and science of the gear that makes audio come to life to the fullest.  I'm an avid novice musician, who has way better ears than chops.

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #3,171 of 15,539
Hi everyone, i guess I'll start here too. Head-Fi and I go way back (ok not that far back) but I first got into this when my friend had test productions of the first beats and I wasn't impressed by the sound, so I went online  and found this little gem

I don't have a collection of audio gear but I have owned some good IEMs. I started out with CX 300s (fell in love with asymmetrical cables) then got the klipsch x10is which were my daily drivers for a while until finally the flimsy cable gave up (although they did take quite a beating)

Now I'm mostly on stock buds (I know, I know) but I want to get back into. If you know of any good IEMs with asymmetrical cables, let me know.

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #3,172 of 15,539
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, even as a lurker :p I have only JUST started getting into headphones in the last few months, and mostly I've been watching YouTube reviews by Z Reviews and InnerFidelity to this point.

I was somewhat into car audio in my youth, and have had a few different systems in a few different vehicles. Some installed by myself, some installed professionally, as befitted my pocketbook at the time.

I am also reasonably into PC tech and building, and again, within my budget. I built my current PC roughly a year and a half ago, and it still performs admirably well in 3DMark and PCMark benchmarks that I've run in the past couple weeks.

Full disclosure: my hearing is actually rather horrible, so what sounds good to ME may or may not sound good to the rest of the community here. I DO prefer accentuated bass versus a completely flat response curve.

As far as musical tastes, I like Rock, Hard Rock, and some EDM. Though if the mood strikes, I enjoy just about every genre except Gangsta Rap and super-growly metal. I have a particular soft spot for Rock/Orchestral mixes...the added complexity of an orchestral background adds SO much depth!

I likely won't be a "daily" regular here, but I'll pop in from time to time.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #3,173 of 15,539
Hi everyone my name is Bruce. I'm looking for some assistance regarding a blu tooth speaker. I currently have a multi zone speaker set up with a marantz nr 1601. Two front speakers, two high surround, two surround and all in different rooms. When I use the multi option it plays all together which is great. I'd like to add another speaker in one more room however was wondering if a blu tooth speaker could be added somehow to this system. Is there some adapter that can be connected to my receiver so when I play my wired system it would also play through the wireless speaker ? If not I'll wire my last open center channel however would prefer not to fish more wire through my house.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #3,174 of 15,539
Welcome everyone, wow!, we have quite a few new members joining lately. That's great!
Welcome aboard and make yourselves at home.
This is an amazing site and community of people.
There is so much information here and so many people willing to help if you have questions or need information. I say dive right in, post, ask questions and have fun.
I look forward to seeing you all in the threads.
HE7

Feb 11, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #3,175 of 15,539
Hello! I've made an account here awhile ago but I think I forgot about it. XD I'm actually going to post something now. Grateful to be apart of this community if I'm honest. Also these emotes are killer 
deadhorse.gif
biggrin.gif

I've always been into all things audio and visual related. It didn't take long to pickup an interest and realize that not all headphones sound the same (as silly as that sounds). Especially when my love for producing music through MIDI keyboard brought me into this whole head and earphone world anyway. Finally glad to meet everyone instead of creepily lurking all over the place. 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #3,177 of 15,539
Hello,

My name is Lance Brown. I'm a newbie. I'm sold on good audio and the experience of nice headphones. I have a pair of Philips Fidelio L1s and V-Moda Crossfade M100s. Love them both. Someday I'd like to eventually get some open-back planar magnetic headphones with a reasonable amp and good source - all for under $1000 (I'll be lucky to even get THAT past the wife 
redface.gif
). So, I'll be looking to ask questions to get the right match even if things are used.

Best,
Lance

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #3,178 of 15,539
  Hello,

My name is Lance Brown. I'm a newbie. I'm sold on good audio and the experience of nice headphones. I have a pair of Philips Fidelio L1s and V-Moda Crossfade M100s. Love them both. Someday I'd like to eventually get some open-back planar magnetic headphones with a reasonable amp and good source - all for under $1000 (I'll be lucky to even get THAT past the wife 
redface.gif
). So, I'll be looking to ask questions to get the right match even if things are used.

Best,
Lance

Welcome! Watch your wallet...

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #3,179 of 15,539
Hey everyone, being hooked onto good audio when you're 15 is never a good idea, you save your pocket money for months on end just to buy a decent AMP. Well I'm almost in my mid twenties now and while I do have a bit more spending power, university is also an important and expensive endeavour. 

Would be great to get the latest on IEM and amp tech so as to plan my future investments, and at the same time I'm looking to let go a silver Pico Slim which I hardly use as I was overseas for some time. 

Looking forward to wanting what I won't be able to get until I make some dough.

Cheers,
ChangJ

Feb 13, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #3,180 of 15,539
Hi everyone.  I've spent countless hours enjoying these forums, and wanted to say thanks for the great community and information here.  Also, I figured it was probably about time for me to actually join in the conversation.  Here's a few words about me...

I'm from the South Bay area near San Francisco in California, USA.  (As a side note, it looks like I just missed a fun meetup, so I'll be watching for others in the area!)  I've always enjoyed seeking out ways to get the best quality music.  This used to be through speakers, but in recent years I find I have much more time to listen through headphones so I started down this path.  I've been using Mad Dogs with a Magni/Modi setup for a few years.  I've been generally happy with it, but have always had the itch to step up to some nicer sound... and I may have demo'd some LCD-XCs and realized that I kind of liked them
rolleyes.gif
  Recently, I started needing to wear glasses while using the headphones, so I'm starting to look for this nicer sound from IEMs.  The quest has begun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back