New Member Introductions thread
Apr 28, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #1,606 of 15,544
Hi,

My name is Harvey and I love music! I got some very good but inexpensive headphones and DAPs when doing college in China and fell in love in them, and later, when I came to the states to pursue a PhD degree, I got more access and more money to purchasing good equipment. After all, I love music and hope to contribute to this very amazing website and make friends with you all!

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,607 of 15,544
I can't post to trade section although I already made a deal with someone there.

Now I see someone is selling used stuff for more than it costs new, look:

"bmichels" wants 1840 euro: http://www.head-fi.org/t/764124/lcd-x-brand-new-bought-mid-march-with-free-leather-headband#post_11543721

New in EU with VAT is 1420 euro: http://audiomagic.eu/headphones/headphones/audeze/21454-audeze-lcd-x-0819343010092.html

Somebody should post that there.

Apr 28, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #1,608 of 15,544
Hello, I am a Starting member. I have been following this forum for the last couple of years obtaining very valuable information in the threads I have followed. I own a Rock-It R50 and just acquired the ATH-M50X. I am using my old Ipod Classic, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 8.4 as music sources. I need assistance on how can I improve the sound for my IEM and headphone. Hope to get the support I am looking for. I am very pleased to start my first thread in this prestigious forum.

Apr 29, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #1,609 of 15,544
Hello guys
I'm from Taiwan and I've just found this forum since i was looking up for some IEM reviews.
I found it much more professional and less violent here than those forums in my region.
So I'm willing to pay more interests in Head-Fi and share my little DIY projects with you guys here in this forum.
(Sorry for my poor English

Thanks!

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #1,610 of 15,544
Hello folks. 

South African here. Been dipping into high res audio the past few months and made quite a few purchases, most of them based on what's to be found here in terms of reviews etc.

So I decided to join :D

Looking forward to draw my soul and money out as I am an huge music lover.

Long term Sennheiser owner;
HD 25-i II
CX 980
IE8
IE80
CX300
Some Adidas in ears
Game One PC cans
And a few that have gone to sound heaven. 

Technics SL-1210 mk2 x2 - Custom grounded earth mod
Xone 42 
BX8 D2 M-Audio Monitors
Shure M44-7
Shure M35X
Concorde Pro and Pro S stylus

Creative Labs ZXR for home use.

OPPO HA-2 + Xperia Z3 and IE80 or HD 650 for travelling :D

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,611 of 15,544
Read a few reviews on here and they were extremely helpful. Hoping to learn a lot about headphones and DAC's (currently in the market for one to go with the AKG 533's I just bought). Hope I can learn a lot from you guys and contribute to some good discussion. Catch ya around the forums.

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #1,617 of 15,544
I just joined this forum after reading here to find advice on what gear to upgrade :).

I am living in the Netherlands, at the moment I own:

Ibasso DX50
Ibasso d-zero MK2
Soundmagic HP200
Audio Technica ATH-M50s

Upgrades on the way:
Fiio L16 cable
Custom Silver Plated headphone cable: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4561 (the standard HP200 cable is not very convenient)

(No privileges yet to post a picture, so I'll do that later..)

I don't use the D-ZERO's USB-DAC functionality a lot, so am looking for some new gear, preferable a portable DAC/AMP combo that has COAXIAL input (to connect my DX50 via coaxial output). What I can find so far (for my budget < €200 ) is a Fiio E17K, but it doesn't have the best DAC chip I guess..
Perhaps the Matrix mini-portable is an option, haven't read much about it yet...

Also a good separate low output impedance AMP will be nice (Cayin C5 ??) to put between the DX50 and the HP200.

Any advice is appreciated.... :)

I listen Lossless FLAC/WAV. Mostly Rock/Jazz/Blues (Dave Matthews Band is my favorite band..)

Apr 30, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,618 of 15,544
hi, i am a new member here.  i am looking into getting some nice headphones finally.  I checked out some headphones at bestbuy, some of the more expensive ones in the home theater section but none of them really impressed me.  I am looking into getting some Audeze or Sennheiser, if anyone has recommendations let me know thanks especially for a DAC in the $500 range up to $1000

some headphones i currently own:
1. some wireless sennheiser headphones i got off craigslist its HD so i guess its good
2. some el cheapo $15 in ear headphones, but my boss stole them
3. Skullcandy headphones i got for free with my laptop purchase
4. Some stock apple in ear buds i got laying around

amps:
none

Dacs:
the dac in my LG G2 phone

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,619 of 15,544
  hi, i am a new member here.  i am looking into getting some nice headphones finally.  I checked out some headphones at bestbuy, some of the more expensive ones in the home theater section but none of them really impressed me.  I am looking into getting some Audeze or Sennheiser, if anyone has recommendations let me know thanks especially for a DAC in the $500 range up to $1000

some headphones i currently own:
1. some wireless sennheiser headphones i got off craigslist its HD so i guess its good
2. some el cheapo $15 in ear headphones, but my boss stole them
3. Skullcandy headphones i got for free with my laptop purchase
4. Some stock apple in ear buds i got laying around

amps:
none

Dacs:
the dac in my LG G2 phone

I would probably start with the Sennheiser HD 598 or the model directly before that, the 558 I think. They are both marked down from their original price since they have been out for a decent amount of time, and they are pretty great for starting, although then you are looking at wanting and amp and or an external DAC to really get the full experience. I am pretty new myself. You may even enjoy the Phillips fidelio line, although they are not nearly neutral enough for me.

Apr 30, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #1,620 of 15,544
Hey thanks for the advice i actually listened to the sennheisers 558 at best buy and i didnt find them too impressive .. I heard good things about the 650 though. You think theres a big jump in sound quality from the 558 to 650?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back