New Member Introductions thread
Mar 31, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #15,453 of 15,524
Howdy all, I've had an account for a while but haven't posted. Figured I should introduce myself.

I have an abundance of Schiit gear and a penchant for open back headphones and also 2 channel listening.

Apr 1, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #15,454 of 15,524
Hi, my name is David, a 3rd-year doctoral piano student at Indiana University's Jacobs School of Music who happens to be completely blind. I enjoy classical music, jazz, classic vocals, old Asian pop like Teresa Teng, film music and Broadway cast recordings. My home gear is an RME Babyface Pro FS plus Focal Shape 65s speakers, while my portable devices are the Sony NWZ-A27 and the Sennheiser Momentum 4 headphones. Nice to meet you all!

Apr 3, 2024 at 12:25 AM Post #15,457 of 15,524
Hello head-fi,
I started this hobby last year with IE900 and RU6.
I was happy with my AirPods Max before but … they changed my mind completely!
Since then I've been reading the forums when I’m getting into new gears.
Thank you all for your insights!

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #15,459 of 15,524
Hi,

I'm primarily a headphones person. The first headphones I can recall owning that were actually pretty decent was the Steelseries H-Wireless, then I got into my first open back with the Phillips Fidelio X2HR in 2018 which remained my daily driver until I went off the rails in 2022 with the purchase of a Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser HD650 and Atom+ stack.

Since then, I've been off the deep end, if I can even recall properly, the headphones I've bought since were (in roughly this order):
AKG K702, Meze 109 Pro, Hifiman Edition XS, Truthear Zero & Hexa, Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite, Sennheiser HD600, Moondrop Blessing 3, Beyerdynamic DT1990, Focal Elegia, Audio Technica AD2000X, ZMF Atticus, Denon AH-D5200, Sennheiser IE600, Sennheiser HD800S, Audeze LCD-X.

Now I am at the point where I am quite satisfied with my headphones (though I still intend to get my hands on some ZMF Atriums at some point), and have started chasing the magic dragon that is source gear. In 2023 I got an L70 and E70 Velvet stack (I figured they'd sound the same as my Atom+ stack, but with a prettier chassis and nicer volume control, I was right) and because I was still firmly in the objective measurements camp back then, I thought I would never have to invest in different gear for my headphones. But lately I've realized that there is more to this than just the things we can measure at the moment, and am now looking into replacing my L70/E70V stack with something that'll breathe life and "width" into my headphones, may God help me.

I am fairly active on the CapraAudio and Headphonesdotcom Discord, I used to frequent the Headphones and HeadphoneAdvice subreddit as well. I'll be seeing y'all around!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #15,463 of 15,524
Hey everyone, listen to music via headphones since the pandemic and enjoy it not to disturb others in the house with my music taste. Great to have a forum and to dive into this passion.
Welcome!! Hope you find some exciting sounding Headphones/IEM's/DAP's in this journey :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back