New Member Introductions thread
Apr 20, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #15,496 of 15,537
Hello everyone,
my name is Roberto, I have often seen several posts in this forum by searching the web, I like to listen to many different styles of music, I can't call myself an audiophile because I am a true melomaniac but I try to listen to music in the best way using a Dac and an IEM, I joined to be able to participate and get advice from the experts.
:relaxed:

Apr 20, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #15,497 of 15,537
Hello silly people on my screen,

I'm just a dude stuck in mid-fi hell seeking to expand my horizons. This forum has been a great aid in helping me empty my wallet over the years and I hope it will continue to be so for many more years to come. I'm more of a lurker than someone that actively participates in audio discussions much but I thought it might be more fun to talk to people about audio rather than only read about it every once in a while.

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:52 PM Post #15,498 of 15,537
Greetings head-fi !

Just got into headphones and IEMs for music enjoyment and possibly music compositions down the road. Am dabbling in portable Bluetooth-enabled DACs and look forward to hearing about current latest-and-greatest DACs, headphones and IEMs.

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #15,501 of 15,537
Hi Everyone, from a purely AirPod pro 2 and APM user I have recently dived in to wired setups. I have 2 iems, Zero 2 and timeless along with HD6xx headphones. I am waiting on the moondrop dusk and eyeing the Arya Organic. Hear to learn about DAC/AMPs and whether I can get away with just the apple dongle.
Welcome, and, yes, you can absolutely "get away with" the Apple dongle. It doesn't have any real features or flexibility to speak of, nor does it have much in the way of power. But if all you need is to run some typical IEMs or easy-to-drive headphones, you would need to spend quite a bit more money to best it for sound quality.

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #15,502 of 15,537
Welcome, and, yes, you can absolutely "get away with" the Apple dongle. It doesn't have any real features or flexibility to speak of, nor does it have much in the way of power. But if all you need is to run some typical IEMs or easy-to-drive headphones, you would need to spend quite a bit more money to best it.
Thank you for the reply,

Would the HD6xx and Arya be considered to be easy? Sorry forgot to add I listen usually at quite low volumes, 65-70db so hoping it’s sufficient like you say.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #15,503 of 15,537
Thank you for the reply,

Would the HD6xx and Arya be considered to be easy? Sorry forgot to add I listen usually at quite low volumes, 65-70db so hoping it’s sufficient like you say.
If you already own a pair of HD 6xx, you can test for yourself. I'd have to guess they're not great with it (likely rolls off the bass and treble pretty hard), but trust your ears more than my or anyone else's opinions. The Arya are another big question mark. On paper, they should be fine. But in practice, their low impedance combined with so-so sensitivity could be an issue. But I've never tried that combo.

Apr 21, 2024 at 12:55 AM Post #15,504 of 15,537
If you already own a pair of HD 6xx, you can test for yourself. I'd have to guess they're not great with it (likely rolls off the bass and treble pretty hard), but trust your ears more than my or anyone else's opinions. The Arya are another big question mark. On paper, they should be fine. But in practice, their low impedance combined with so-so sensitivity could be an issue. But I've never tried that combo.
They have no bass vs my iems but I don’t know if they’re simply like that because that’s how they are or because of a lack of amping… =) fun hobby

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #15,505 of 15,537
Hey everyone! Long time lurker for like over 2 years now since I started my journey in earnest. Hope to contribute positively to all the discussion.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #15,510 of 15,537
I see I see, that's such a shame.
Is simgot potentially avaliable in Indonesia? The EM6L is also another set to consider in that price bracket.
In the future if budget allows, I would also recommend the Supernova from your local indonesian brand 7th Acoustics, it's worth every penny.
Yeah, it is available in Indonesia, but the reviews I read about the Simgot EM6-L model had me worried on the mid (I love being able to listen to the song lyrics clearly) and treble, as some review mentioned the tuning for those area seems a bit over and fatiguing. also, seems like the tuning is quite similar with Aria 2 so it goes into my to-try list on my next trip :D
Ok, I did not know that 7th Acoustics is Indonesian brand, and the review on the tuning seems promising for a future upgrade :beyersmile:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back