New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC"
Mar 22, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #466 of 501
I might have had to add in IMHO.
For me it is clearly more transparent with the ff. There is just more music while nothing is getting worser. So for me the ff makes a huge difference. But clearly only in my opinion.

Yes - I thought so :) 
I just wanted to make clear that the original Daccord+Classic are still VERY good sounding options. I totally understand why some people prefer the ff-versions but whether it is worth the upgrade price is debatable. Also I found it difficult to pick up the difference in the beginning it wasn't that clear with the T1 but the HD800 made it more clear to me what the difference is. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #467 of 501
Interesting information rasmushorn. I think I am one of those who would lean toward the ff side and I do have HD800 (sourced from Jan indeed :)). As well, this upgrade/sidegrade is one of the lesser expenses in this hobby :wink:

:beerchug:

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #468 of 501
Tried to post a picture of my Daccord + Classic but it currently does not work for me.

Mar 19, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #469 of 501
Hi Guys,
I'm about to purchase a corda classic ff, but I cannot decide between that and the Lyr 3. I need to drive a really hungry hp like the Abyss, I tried the Schiit Lyr 3 and it would suffice my needs, but would the corda classic be enough, or would it be less powerful than the lyr?
Thx

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #470 of 501
Hi,

I have owned both and you will have no problem running your headphones with either amplifier. The problem i have with the Lyr 3 is that about 20 seconds after turning it on, it makes a loud pop noise if you have headphones plugged in. This was enough for me to sell that amp. Other than that, it sounded good. The Corda Classic is currently my favorite amp and I use it 90% of the time,

Cheers,

Jonathan

Aug 13, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #472 of 501
The FF reduces listening fatigue, I find it easier to listen to higher levels with the FF version. The Cordas are very unfatiguing to beginn with but the FF makes listening at higher volumes even more pleasing wihout sacrificing anything in low volumes. You could also say the FF has a better flow. I'd say FF reduces macrodetails and clarity a bit for some additional naturalness. Macrodetails in amps are comparable to treble peaks in headphones, it seems to add detail and clarity but it's often (not always) more "fake" detail. What you realy want in high end audio is microdynamics and low level information.

Aug 14, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #474 of 501
What special features does it have and how does it sound like?
I wonder how much the crossfeed has evolved over the years, I know Corda Jazz crossfeed is different from the Classic and Daccord.

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #475 of 501
What special features does it have and how does it sound like?
I wonder how much the crossfeed has evolved over the years, I know Corda Jazz crossfeed is different from the Classic and Daccord.
My Coda HA-2 MKII has 2 Headphone jacks ( 0 /120 ohm ), Crossfeed Selector, 2 Tone Controls, and a 3 Position High-Cut Filter. This German made amp is really amazing sounding and built like a tank.

May 1, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #477 of 501
Has the Corda Classic been discontinued? It no longer appears on Jan's website.

Yes, the corda classic has been produced in a huge batch, which is now Sold out

Oct 17, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #478 of 501
My god, I love this amp.
I bought a x-hand pair this year and have had Jan take a look at it while he installed the ff upgrade.
When I got it back I was pleasantly surprised. Next to the classic-ff the only amp that really got to me was the Rupert Neve Headphone Amp (which I unfortunately sold before I got the classic-ff).
Jan's work is still something I can relate to every day. I think I stared with a porta corda back in 2005-2007ish :) When I saw the opportunity to buy a classic I didn't hesitate and never regretted it since.

Dec 21, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #479 of 501
My god, I love this amp.
I bought a x-hand pair this year and have had Jan take a look at it while he installed the ff upgrade.
When I got it back I was pleasantly surprised. Next to the classic-ff the only amp that really got to me was the Rupert Neve Headphone Amp (which I unfortunately sold before I got the classic-ff).
Jan's work is still something I can relate to every day. I think I stared with a porta corda back in 2005-2007ish :) When I saw the opportunity to buy a classic I didn't hesitate and never regretted it since.
Would anyone happen to know what Jan Meier's current Email address is? I tried to contact him at an older one which is no longer in use. I recently purchased a Meier Corda Classic with 230v and was wondering if it can be manually switched
to 120v like my Corda Jazz ff, or if it needs to be sent back to Jan for that mod. I do have a voltage converter but wanted to know if I can change the voltage simply by removing the Classic's cover and making the adjustment. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks and Happy Holidays! Jim

Dec 21, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #480 of 501
Would anyone happen to know what Jan Meier's current Email address is? I tried to contact him at an older one which is no longer in use. I recently purchased a Meier Corda Classic with 230v and was wondering if it can be manually switched
to 120v like my Corda Jazz ff, or if it needs to be sent back to Jan for that mod. I do have a voltage converter but wanted to know if I can change the voltage simply by removing the Classic's cover and making the adjustment. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks and Happy Holidays! Jim
I used to own the classic, if I recall correctly you could switch voltage at the bottom (not backside, bottom)

His email should still be:
meier-audio@t-online.de

Users who are viewing this thread

Back