New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #8,045 of 8,377
  So had a somewhat confusing phone call with JH Audio and it seems like they're implying the custom Roxanne is 4th Order now too.

Edit:I got clarification, they are 4th order now. Cool.

After multiple email exchanges (and calls) between both Angie & Sue at JH Audio (multiple because I wasn't about to drop $3,000 on 13v2's and Roxanne's without knowing for absolute sure whether I was buying new or 3-year-old technology—I'm sure they were annoyed by the end of it - but hey - that's what customer service is their for)—I found this to be true as well. It's a shame they just don't update their website temporarily before the major overhaul of their website that will be launched within the next month. I was told that all 3 in the siren series have stainless steel waveguides, 4th order crossovers, and freqphase. The JH 16 Pro's, however, have not been updated with the new technology.

Sep 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #8,046 of 8,377

After multiple email exchanges (and calls) between both Angie & Sue at JH Audio (multiple because I wasn't about to drop $3,000 on 13v2's and Roxanne's without knowing for absolute sure whether I was buying new or 3-year-old technology—I'm sure they were annoyed by the end of it - but hey - that's what customer service is their for)—I found this to be true as well. It's a shame they just don't update their website temporarily before the major overhaul of their website that will be launched within the next month. I was told that all 3 in the siren series have stainless steel waveguides, 4th order crossovers, and freqphase. The JH 16 Pro's, however, have not been updated with the new technology.

Just got custom Roxanne's 6 weeks ago and they do not have stainless steel waveguides. Don't know about the 4th order crossovers though. 

Sep 11, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #8,047 of 8,377
  Just got custom Roxanne's 6 weeks ago and they do not have stainless steel waveguides. Don't know about the 4th order crossovers though. 

That's really disturbing. Can you try calling them tomorrow and ask them about it? Just first ask (1) whether the Roxanne's come with the Stainless Steel Wave Technology. (2a) If they tell you that they do, ask them why the ones you just received do not have them. (2b) If they tell you that they do not, please report back here and tell me because they are telling different things to different customers.

Sep 12, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #8,049 of 8,377
Are you sure the customer service are referring to the custom version of the Roxanne?
They sounds like they are describing the universal Roxanne 2.

I am positive. I brought up that point multiple times. Maybe I'll put together our exchanges and link them to you here so you guys here can see exactly what I was seeing. I only said CIEM and Custom IEM on like 5-10 occasions throughout.

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #8,050 of 8,377

That's really disturbing. Can you try calling them tomorrow and ask them about it? Just first ask (1) whether the Roxanne's come with the Stainless Steel Wave Technology. (2a) If they tell you that they do, ask them why the ones you just received do not have them. (2b) If they tell you that they do not, please report back here and tell me because they are telling different things to different customers.

Are you sure the customer service are referring to the custom version of the Roxanne?
They sounds like they are describing the universal Roxanne 2.

I am positive. I brought up that point multiple times. Maybe I'll put together our exchanges and link them to you here so you guys here can see exactly what I was seeing. I only said CIEM and Custom IEM on like 5-10 occasions throughout.

Alright guys. Great news for everyone, including you Jon1323.

I just talked to Andy over at JH Audio (their President) – by the way, an incredibly cool and friendly gentleman – and he told me that the Roxanne's do 100% contain the stainless steel tube waveguides. The reason that you can't see them is because there's so much going on in the Roxanne's that they're just recessed back in the headphone and you can't see it as you can on the 13v2's. Now, I know they are equally visible on the Layla's as they are on the 13v2's, but if Andy Regan personally tells me that the Roxanne's were updated with the latest tech in them, you'd better be damn sure I believe him.

Sep 12, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #8,053 of 8,377

Alright guys. Great news for everyone, including you Jon1323.

I just talked to Andy over at JH Audio (their President) – by the way, an incredibly cool and friendly gentleman – and he told me that the Roxanne's do 100% contain the stainless steel tube waveguides. The reason that you can't see them is because there's so much going on in the Roxanne's that they're just recessed back in the headphone and you can't see it as you can on the 13v2's. Now, I know they are equally visible on the Layla's as they are on the 13v2's, but if Andy Regan personally tells me that the Roxanne's were updated with the latest tech in them, you'd better be damn sure I believe him.

Interesting. My Roxanne tubing looks just like my JH 11Pro. Not that I care personally, Im quite happy with my Roxanne.

They may very well be putting stainless steel wave guides in the Roxanne now (they are in the Rox2 Uni so it would make sense) but they are not in mine that were made the end of July. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back