New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Sep 27, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #8,058 of 8,377
Well guys, my 13v2's and Roxanne's came in last Thursday. Have been trying to give them both a lot of listening time before posting any real review, comparison, or anything. Here's a teaser:

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #8,060 of 8,377
  not worth it, then it will be difficult to sell them.

IMO, custom worth all the trouble and money. It depends on your ear and the level of comfort you seek of course, to me, custom vs universal is day & night. I tried the universal Roxanne and Layla during CanJam this year and it just can't match the custom Roxanne i have. Of course, i knew that universal is just a taste of the headphone, once you get to feel which sound suits you more, I will always order the custom version.

It just no turning back for me now after using custom cans for almost 10 years, it has all the benefits vs universal apart from $$$ and trouble getting the custom done :)

p.s. I will never want to sell my headphones, so i am not in the same boat as some who may want to sell their after few years/months. 

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #8,064 of 8,377
So far my Roxanne's have given me the best results with my Oppo HA-2. That being said, my MacBook Pro drives them well enough, after which the iPhone 5 takes the next spot, with my iPhone 6s in last. None underpower them, but the sound quality worsens as you go down the line. Especially when you hit the iPhone 6s.

Sep 30, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #8,065 of 8,377
And just so you know how much volume I was getting with the Roxanne's from an iPhone – with my V-Moda M100s w/XL pads + MacBook Pro -> HA-2 on high gain at max volume (they were basically a small speaker system being driven at max at that point, where it was painful to have them less than a few inches from my ears – I was not able to hear them at all with the Roxanne's being powered by the iPhone's volume at 45-55% (+/-5).

That not only speaks to the isolation custom Roxanne's provide but also was the level that was comfortable for me without piercing my ear drums. I was not able to put the volume on the iPhone much louder because it would have started to become uncomfortable at 65-75% and just as painful as the V-Moda's at the iPhone's 90-100% mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back