New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 25, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #7,426 of 8,377
  Did you order the carbon fiber version? or just the normal shell?

Carbon Fiber. They look great but if I had to do it all over again, I would go with the Noble K10 or something like SE846.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #7,428 of 8,377
  oh I see...
K10 is great, although the tuning doesn't really fit me.

What does the K10 sound like compared to the Roxanne?  Why didn't you like it? (since you tried both).

I feel that the Roxanne are good, thick, full sounding, but it is not as layered or textured in the way it conveys details as other IEMs around this price.  BUT, they will never fatigue you either.  It's very strange but I expected to hear more out of my music with the Roxanne. I honestly think the AKG K3003i is incredible sounding, except that its cable is not detachable, and not as full-bodied sounding as the Roxanne.  However, it presents so much more soundstage and details in comparison.

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #7,429 of 8,377
What does the K10 sound like compared to the Roxanne?  Why didn't you like it? (since you tried both).

I feel that the Roxanne are good, thick, full sounding, but it is not as layered or textured in the way it conveys details as other IEMs around this price.  BUT, they will never fatigue you either.  It's very strange but I expected to hear more out of my music with the Roxanne. I honestly think the AKG K3003i is incredible sounding, except that its cable is not detachable, and not as full-bodied sounding as the Roxanne.  However, it presents so much more soundstage and details in comparison.

k10 sounds more tranparent, cleaner, the vocal is very up front , more neutral, the imaging of the bass is bigger. I like Roxanne simply because of its warmer and more musical tuning, and the surround-sound feeling. IMO the layering of Roxanne is good but the hazy background make that sound unclear sometimes.

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #7,430 of 8,377
k10 sounds more tranparent, cleaner, the vocal is very up front , more neutral, the imaging of the bass is bigger. I like Roxanne simply because of its warmer and more musical tuning, and the surround-sound feeling. IMO the layering of Roxanne is good but the hazy background make that sound unclear sometimes.

I think the hazy feel is coming from the extended treble from k10 when compared. It's actually not unclear. I would say it's more like an illusion of hazy because it's treble is not as extended and a warmer signature. And this makes the sound signature less fatigue.

With an extended treble, it appears things are clearer and more transparent. But is it really clearer if we break them into bass, mid and treble?

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #7,431 of 8,377
I think the hazy feel is coming from the extended treble from k10 when compared. It's actually not unclear. I would say it's more like an illusion of hazy because it's treble is not as extended and a warmer signature. And this makes the sound signature less fatigue.

With an extended treble, it appears things are clearer and more transparent. But is it really clearer if we break them into bass, mid and treble?

Agreed. The K10's well extended treble and generally brighter sound signature provide the illusion of greater clarity when compared to the Roxanne. Nevertheless, the latter has very good detail retrieval, and has excellent imaging capabilities that rival the K10. However, the Roxanne's darker tonality and an undesired treble roll-off ensure that the K10 sounds more immediate and more detailed.

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #7,432 of 8,377

Agreed. The K10's well extended treble and generally brighter sound signature provide the illusion of greater clarity when compared to the Roxanne. Nevertheless, the latter has very good detail retrieval, and has excellent imaging capabilities that rival the K10. However, the Roxanne's darker tonality and an undesired treble roll-off ensure that the K10 sounds more immediate and more detailed.

Very true, but also that the K10 is very sensitive to amping.

Feb 4, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #7,433 of 8,377
Hey guys

I currently own JH 13 FP and i love its airy, sparkly, open treble characteristics as well as its slightly emphasized sub/mid bass.
Overall i feel it's 80% neutral and 20 % warm sounding.
Frankly, im looking for something that has a bit more warmth, deeper base to create that warmth, and a little bit more oomph to the base.

I am considering the Roxanne.
I read all the posts about roxanne and from them i have an idea of what it will sound like.
Some of my worries are that roxanne can sound quite dark and thick. I really like the open/airy sound of my 13 but i would really appreciate more warmth.
Also i've heard people say that roxanne's high is really laid back. Is it really? 

i know that roxanne requires a lot of burn in time for its real sound and its potential to shine.

I would really appreciate if people who have had experience with jh 13 and roxanne could give me some advice.

should i get it? or should i just stick with my 13

Thank you ~ 

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #7,434 of 8,377
  Hey guys

I currently own JH 13 FP and i love its airy, sparkly, open treble characteristics as well as its slightly emphasized sub/mid bass.
Frankly, im looking for something that has a bit more warmth, deeper base to create that warmth, and a little bit more oomph to the base.

I read all the posts about roxanne and from them i have an idea of what it will sound like.
Some of my worries are that roxanne can sound quite dark and thick. I really like the open/airy sound of my 13 but i would really appreciate more warmth.
Also i've heard people say that roxanne's high is really laid back. Is it really? 

i know that roxanne requires a lot of burn in time for its real sound and its potential to shine.

I would really appreciate if people who have had experience with jh 13 and roxanne could give me some advice.

Thank you ~ 

Yes. Highs are laid back. 

Roxanne is a perfect example of warm AND detailed. I find it's sound signature very nice for over-produced modern music. Huge soundstage, similar to that of a full-size, but I wouldn't describe it as "airy". However, Roxanne might be airier than 13? idk. Can anybody help?

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #7,435 of 8,377
Soundstage is huge and "outside of the head".  The treble is a bit laid back, but I find it more present and more detailed than my old JH16.  I do tick the treble a bit with EQ on my DX90 and it has the perfect sound for me.  I don't think it's as bright as the JH13 treble, but it is more detailed and never harsh.  

Quote:
  Hey guys

Thank you ~ 

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #7,438 of 8,377
  Anyone is able to provide a review from 3rd party cable makers for Roxanne?

I have the new ones from Toxic Cable.  It's great, but expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back