New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 14, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #7,396 of 8,377
  did you have to provide your roxanne cables so Toxic could use the connectors?

DHC's facebook page says they'll be the first to get Roxanne connectors from JH next week, and not the chinese copies that lunashops had

No, these are Toxic's own parts, but I have no idea what's the origin.  However, the connectors are rock solid and fits great with my UniRox.  The initial insert was a bit tight, but this was expected from a totally new connector.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:39 AM Post #7,398 of 8,377
I just got my grubby mittens on a pair of Roxanne universals(used ) for 795 bucks..I had a brief listening sessions last night via my ifi idsd micro and I've gotta say Its money well spent!

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #7,399 of 8,377
I never really had a bad screw, except maybe the first time.

biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #7,400 of 8,377
  Here it is:

7 bands, cable, and tuning tool.

Bass tuning ports on y-splitter.  The original design call for the points being on the plug, but was revised to the splitter for ease of repair.  Note that the 12 O'Clock position is actually on the 9 O'Clock position of the splitter, which is different than the stock cable.

Tuning port tool.

The top of the tuning port tool mirrors the setting of the port, so you can see the setting when you adjust.

All installed and ready to go.  The new straight plug is very solid.

Very nice indeed.. 
Will you be able to share the spec of your cable and price? Considering one myself
Most importantly how does it sound in comparsion to the stock cable?

Jan 15, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #7,402 of 8,377

Very nice indeed.. 
Will you be able to share the spec of your cable and price? Considering one myself
Most importantly how does it sound in comparsion to the stock cable?

Thanks and mine is the "Silver Widow 25.5AWG £495 8 wire version" for 495 GBP (I paid 530 GBP total), and you can request no splitter with bass ports on the plug.  I am still testing it sonic wise, so I will have to get back to you on this.

Frank's prices are listed on his head fi profile

http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cables

you can find rox cables near the bottom

Thanks for pointing this out.

Roxanne Cables

Silver Widow 22AWG £395 4 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.
Silver Widow 25.5AWG £295 4 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.
Silver Widow 25.5AWG £495 8 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.
Silver Poison 26AWG £375 8 wire version (OCC Stranded Silver with upto 1% Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #7,404 of 8,377
Wow!  I hope they perform to your expectations.

I think so, but unlike most people, I got the cable mostly because of the solid construction over improve SQ.  The reason being that I noticed the right angle plug from the stock cable is torqueing and spinning the plug in the balance port for my AK240, which is never a good thing.  When ever you move or try to pick up the AK240, because the bass adjust being so close to the plug, it just falls down and make the plug spins inside the balance output.  This could be one of the reasons why so many reported failures for the balanced output.

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #7,405 of 8,377
  I think so, but unlike most people, I got the cable mostly because of the solid construction over improve SQ.  The reason being that I noticed the right angle plug from the stock cable is torqueing and spinning the plug in the balance port for my AK240, which is never a good thing.  When ever you move or try to pick up the AK240, because the bass adjust being so close to the plug, it just falls down and make the plug spins inside the balance output.  This could be one of the reasons why so many reported failures for the balanced output.

Good for you. When you are serious and passionate about your vices - quality and performance, making that investment is something I can certainly appreciate. I am sure you will be happy, you usually get what you pay for  :) 

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #7,406 of 8,377
Thanks and mine is the "Silver Widow 25.5AWG £495 8 wire version" for 495 GBP (I paid 530 GBP total), and you can request no splitter with bass ports on the plug.  I am still testing it sonic wise, so I will have to get back to you on this.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Roxanne Cables

Silver Widow 22AWG £395 4 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.

Silver Widow 25.5AWG £295 4 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.

Silver Widow 25.5AWG £495 8 wire version (OCC Stranded Litz Silver with Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.

Silver Poison 26AWG £375 8 wire version (OCC Stranded Silver with upto 1% Gold/Cryo) Available in clear only.
why didnt u try out the new SW22? I hAve one on loan now and *******....it doesnt sound anything like ur regular silver based cable anymore...sound is much fuller..bass hits much harder end deeper...terble Nd details improved..but not harsch or piercing....but the good parts of the silver stays or got improved :p

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #7,407 of 8,377
why didnt u try out the new SW22? I hAve one on loan now and *******....it doesnt sound anything like ur regular silver based cable anymore...sound is much fuller..bass hits much harder end deeper...terble Nd details improved..but not harsch or piercing....but the good parts of the silver stays or got improved
tongue.gif

Well I wanted a 8 wire cable, but I will take a rain check on your suggestion.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #7,408 of 8,377
Well I wanted a 8 wire cable, but I will take a rain check on your suggestion.

Me too, i even very carefully asked him to quote me for a balanced dual mono dual 3pin xlr version (just like the wonderful custom Copper Venom RC-8 i have now)... :beerchug:

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #7,409 of 8,377
why didnt u try out the new SW22? I hAve one on loan now and *******....it doesnt sound anything like ur regular silver based cable anymore...sound is much fuller..bass hits much harder end deeper...terble Nd details improved..but not harsch or piercing....but the good parts of the silver stays or got improved
tongue.gif

Not a bit heavy and thick for iems?

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #7,410 of 8,377
Not a bit heavy and thick for iems?

I use the copper venom (retangular solid copper wire) on my full size Code-X headphone...and thats indeed a bit on the heavy side..but the SW22 is super light and flexible and has zero microphobics..my copper venom with its ruby red silken sleeve is not totally microphobics free if u move to much..but i dont mind as i listen on my comfy chair...competely ummovable:) but the SW22 looks like ur perfect iem cable :wink: and for my code-X ofcourse :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back