New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 16, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #7,411 of 8,377
Just got my custom Roxannes from JH audio Burbank office. Quick listening for few mins and they are impressive. I am no audiophile but enjoy good music. They have a full bodied and thick sound with a tall soundstage, that makes it almost hearing from speakers.

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #7,412 of 8,377
Hey Folks,
Follow-up to cable issue:
It turns out (sic) that the issue wasn't truly with the little screws. They turn just fine with a small flat head screwdriver. 
I have to say that I wasn't thrilled with the whole Moon-Audio/JHAudio experience. They ship out these really high end IEM's with a screwdriver that doesn't turn the screws that control the unit. Or, maybe more accurately, strip the little pot on the first usage. When they didn't work, they wouldn't ship a replacement cable until I'd return the original. I expect better customer service on high end items like this. Maybe it's just me. 

Jan 21, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #7,413 of 8,377
  Hey Folks,
Follow-up to cable issue:
It turns out (sic) that the issue wasn't truly with the little screws. They turn just fine with a small flat head screwdriver. 
I have to say that I wasn't thrilled with the whole Moon-Audio/JHAudio experience. They ship out these really high end IEM's with a screwdriver that doesn't turn the screws that control the unit. Or, maybe more accurately, strip the little pot on the first usage. When they didn't work, they wouldn't ship a replacement cable until I'd return the original. I expect better customer service on high end items like this. Maybe it's just me. 

That sucks man...
Did they send you the Phillips head screw driver instead of the flat blade?  I have both and prefer the flat blade, I think it works much better. IMO
Was it Moon that would not cross ship?  JH actually sent me new cables and did not ask for the old ones back.  Of course this was during the collar breaking issue so a little different.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #7,414 of 8,377
I tried the layla demo yesterday in Hong Kong. it is stunning! really beat the **** out of Roxanne...I will make a short video talking about my feeling later.
But I am also interested on the se5way. I heard people saying that the 5way is much better than the Roxanne... anyone who heard both the layla and 5way can do a short comparison please?

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #7,415 of 8,377
  That sucks man...
Did they send you the Phillips head screw driver instead of the flat blade?  I have both and prefer the flat blade, I think it works much better. IMO
Was it Moon that would not cross ship?  JH actually sent me new cables and did not ask for the old ones back.  Of course this was during the collar breaking issue so a little different.

Yes, tiny Phillips only. Striped the screw on the first use.
And yes, Moon didn't want to cross ship. 
It's hard to separate the the ****ty experience from the quality of the phones. Makes you not want to like them...

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #7,416 of 8,377
I'm planning on picking up a pair of roxanne AK special edition in a couple days..for my sorce I have a 5th Gen ipod touch I'm using right now..Im wondering if the ipod will be OK with these seeing that they are only 15 ohm?

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #7,418 of 8,377
Thanks for the impressions. Sounds like a winner. The goofy look of the universal sticking out of the ear are a deal killer for me. I'd only consider the custom when available. And then there's the price. Maybe, I'll just enjoy reading and wait for the other companies to see what they come up with.

Jan 25, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #7,422 of 8,377
Put an order in for a set of custom Roxanne's a couple of weeks ago with custom artwork. Has anyone got an up to date time of how long they will take to be made, I hear/read its around 6 - 8 weeks? Its only been two weeks and I'm already getting impatient! 

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #7,423 of 8,377
Put an order in for a set of custom Roxanne's a couple of weeks ago with custom artwork. Has anyone got an up to date time of how long they will take to be made, I hear/read its around 6 - 8 weeks? Its only been two weeks and I'm already getting impatient! 

It took me 6 weeks time from the ear impressions till the unit delivery. And it was a holiday time too, when JH audio was closed for a week. So hopefully yours should be arriving just in time before 6 weeks.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #7,424 of 8,377
I don't mean to scare you guys, but I ordered my Roxanne CIEM (carbon fiber version) in December 2013, and got them 10 months later in October 2014.

If I knew the delay would be so long, I would have gone with something like Noble K10 instead.

Anyway, I assume the wait time now is much shorter than it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back