New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jan 9, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #7,381 of 8,377
Has anybody else had problems with the cable and adjustment screws? I had one bad screw out of the box and now the second one doesn't seem to work either after less than a month. It doesn't seem like the tiny screwdriver is the exact right size for the pots. My dealer, Moon audio, has offered to replace the cable after I return the original to him. 
I never really had a bad screw, except maybe the first time.

Jan 9, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #7,382 of 8,377
Regarding the adjustment screws.  I don't own the Roxanne but always wondered how you would keep the screw balance between the two channels?  Is the screw indexed so you can count clicks or is full min/max the only way to be really sure.  I may be naive in assuming that it matters to keep both channels balanced.  

Thank you.

Jan 9, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #7,383 of 8,377
  Regarding the adjustment screws.  I don't own the Roxanne but always wondered how you would keep the screw balance between the two channels?  Is the screw indexed so you can count clicks or is full min/max the only way to be really sure.  I may be naive in assuming that it matters to keep both channels balanced.  

Thank you.

Only way is to use yours ears really.  You can get it very close using the scale and slots of the adjuster, though.

These are not lined up at all, by the way.

Jan 10, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #7,384 of 8,377

Thank you.

Only way is to use yours ears really.  You can get it very close using the scale and slots of the adjuster, though.

These are not lined up at all, by the way.

Get a cheap DMM. so you can get as accurate as possible.

Jan 10, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #7,385 of 8,377
  Has anybody else had problems with the cable and adjustment screws?

Have left the the 'settings' on mine around 10-o'clock-ish since I acquired it. Just turned both screws round-and-back with the tool provided = does not take much force = boost function working fine.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. Please post on how it goes with your replacement unit. 

Cheers.

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #7,386 of 8,377
I have had my Roxanne for a few months, but it never really sounded very good compared to my other IEMs.  The sound is always very full-bodied, but it sounds almost like the high and low frequencies are not there.

Has anyone ran into this issue?  This is true while listening with either my portable or desktop setups.

Jan 11, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #7,387 of 8,377
  I have had my Roxanne for a few months, but it never really sounded very good compared to my other IEMs.  The sound is always very full-bodied, but it sounds almost like the high and low frequencies are not there.

Has anyone ran into this issue?  This is true while listening with either my portable or desktop setups.

have you check the sealing of your Roxanne..are they on good seal?

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #7,388 of 8,377
  have you check the sealing of your Roxanne..are they on good seal?

The seal is good.  I have the custom version (carbon fiber shells), so not sure if there were issues there.

The IEMs work, but they just don't sound better than my much cheaper IEMs, including my Sony EX1000 and JVC FX850.  In fact, they almost sound veiled in comparison.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #7,390 of 8,377
The seal is good.  I have the custom version (carbon fiber shells), so not sure if there were issues there.

The IEMs work, but they just don't sound better than my much cheaper IEMs, including my Sony EX1000 and JVC FX850.  In fact, they almost sound veiled in comparison.

Can you describe more on the Roxanne sound signature? U may compare relative to the fx850.

Jan 11, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #7,391 of 8,377

For me the high and low and everything is there and I can hear quite a lot more details from Roxanne than Fx850. The soundstage and positioning is also much better. The bass is also stronger . Maybe you just don't really like Roxanne's sound signature

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #7,393 of 8,377
FYI, I just got the new TOTL Silver Widow cable from Toxic Cable. Will test it out tonigh .

Jan 14, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #7,394 of 8,377
Here it is:

7 bands, cable, and tuning tool.

Bass tuning ports on y-splitter.  The original design call for the points being on the plug, but was revised to the splitter for ease of repair.  Note that the 12 O'Clock position is actually on the 9 O'Clock position of the splitter, which is different than the stock cable.

Tuning port tool.

The top of the tuning port tool mirrors the setting of the port, so you can see the setting when you adjust.

All installed and ready to go.  The new straight plug is very solid.

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #7,395 of 8,377
did you have to provide your roxanne cables so Toxic could use the connectors?

DHC's facebook page says they'll be the first to get Roxanne connectors from JH next week, and not the chinese copies that lunashops had

Users who are viewing this thread

Back