New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #6,976 of 8,377
First time I have my Roxanne, the fit on my left ear didn't seal well. I was about to send it back for refit, but decided to try something recommended by average joe. Joe recommended applying some oto ease ear lubricant from Westone and it works pretty well for me. But then it still didn't deal well, I ended up using aveeno baby moisturizer, the seal is now so smooth and seal so tight, I hardly hear anything and best of all is I don't feel much pain. This goes the same for my ue18pro, I always apply some moisturizer around the outer canal then rub moisturize fingers around the shell and it's so easy to pop in and out. All mouth movement does not breaks seal. Give a shot even if it seal well, I bet it seal even better without discomfort. Be careful not to use too much as it will get into the holes.

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #6,980 of 8,377
First time I have my Roxanne, the fit on my left ear didn't seal well. I was about to send it back for refit, but decided to try something recommended by average joe. Joe recommended applying some oto ease ear lubricant from Westone and it works pretty well for me. But then it still didn't deal well, I ended up using aveeno baby moisturizer, the seal is now so smooth and seal so tight, I hardly hear anything and best of all is I don't feel much pain. This goes the same for my ue18pro, I always apply some moisturizer around the outer canal then rub moisturize fingers around the shell and it's so easy to pop in and out. All mouth movement does not breaks seal. Give a shot even if it seal well, I bet it seal even better without discomfort. Be careful not to use too much as it will get into the holes.

Hmm any moisturizer will work?

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #6,983 of 8,377
Wow, so many people with fitting issues. Strange how it's just the left ear, though. I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that my Roxannes will fit just fine.

Hope you guys get your issues sorted out soon. :)

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #6,987 of 8,377
Mimouille,

How many times did you send it back already and how long did it take to repair every time?

Just surprised the right ear fits so well and the left ear doesn't.

When did you first receive the goods and when will they have the reshell done?

Does this mean I have to go get another set of ear impressions done?! 

Kenneth

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #6,990 of 8,377
ikr...the right side sits so perfectly and the left side is so bad ==ll
im sending it back to jaben this thursday during my lunch break since that's the only day I'm free and I got it from them

to sum up my left side
the canal irritates/hurts my ear and it doesn't have a good seal

it's my first CIEM and I took the leap of faith during mook and I don't see me buying JH product anymore after this incident
10months waiting time, the sound is good but the product turnout is just not what we all expect to get
Badly made CF casing, super long waiting time, bad fit, bad response from the team (maybe due to high volumes of email per day from all of us, but we all paid 2.5k~ and this is definitely not the quality of service I expected)

If this refit still doesn't workout, Imma just whack a fitear and keep sending the rox back for refit till it's done perfectly ==ll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back