New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Sep 26, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #6,946 of 8,377
[quote

You do need to get a good seal with the ear tips with the Roxanne.  Then you get great bass also.  I have to step back about about 1/3 on the bass adjustment to  get a balanced sound overall for my ears. 
[/quote]
Getting a good seal/the right tip with the Roxanne Uni's is ESSENTIAL. I mistakenly didn't try all the included tips when I received my Uni's, and I was convinced I may have just flushed $1299, only to be able to recoup a fraction of that on a re-seller market. Then, I used the large Comply tips that were included with Uni's, and then everything came together and the bass is completely sorted out. Now, I consider the Uni's my best high-end portable audio purchase.

Sep 26, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #6,947 of 8,377
With the EarSonics eartips it was great to me :)

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #6,948 of 8,377
I am using the stock comply tips (medium) and I am loving the sound of it more and more each day.

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #6,949 of 8,377
Hey guys. Any more impressions of the K3003 vs Roxanne?

I went through the search function but didn't find much.

I'm currently using the IE800 with my DX90/X5 and I do like the combo quite a bit. I've auditioned the K3003 a few times and felt like they were freaking awesome, even more so than the SE846/W60 so I kind of had my heart set on that. I come from many years of enjoying a dark/lush signatures like the LCD-2/HE-500/HD650, and I just got really REALLY tired of it.

So I'm not into that any more and now I'm more into brighter more neutral/even presentation, especially in the upper-mids/treble area. The K3003 offers this for me (kind of shares the tonality of the HD800 without the slight sibilliance)  but I was wondering if the Roxanne with the bass turned all the way down to neutral might provide more details/transparency while still offering me a flat/neturalish presentation.

I guess the most important questions would be which one is more detailed/transparent/clear sounding? Like more micro-detail extraction from music.

Sep 27, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #6,950 of 8,377
I was also debating getting a universal Roxanne, as the shop had one left in stock. In the end, I decided to chance it and wait for a custom version instead.

Anyway, I see that you have an SE535, an IEM that I really loved, but sold it sometime ago. If I may ask, how's the overall sound of the Roxanne compared with the SE535?

Now I can't really wait for my Roxannes. A better sounding JH13 will be well worth its price.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Mimouille. Short of looking back at the past pages, may I know what issues are you experiencing with your fits/refits? Do they break the seal too easily?
First time was too tight, second time lost seal, third time is too tight...

Sep 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #6,951 of 8,377

No comparison:  The Roxanne is in a different league. The sweet details on the Roxanne are just astounding.  The clarity in the mid-range is also uncanny.  

You do need to get a good seal with the ear tips with the Roxanne.  Then you get great bass also.  I have to step back about about 1/3 on the bass adjustment to  get a balanced sound overall for my ears. 

Wow, I'm really stoked to hear the Roxannes. The SE535 had very nice mids that really brought vocals to the fore. Still, the midrange was a little too lush at times, with a slightly thick and heavy presentation.

First time was too tight, second time lost seal, third time is too tight...

Ouch. Were the impressions done with the same audiologist each time? Hope your problems have been solved!

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #6,956 of 8,377
Great!

I bought my Roxanne from Todd (TTVJ) and I got it overnight--free shipping!  There was a LR imbalance in this unit so Todd sent me another one overnight before I even got a chance to ship the first one back!

In my opinion, the JH13/JH16 fit better in the ear canals as they are custom jobs but to my ears the Roxanne sound slightly better with more sweet details.  The bass adjustment is also very useful though this makes any cable upgrade difficult.

You will enjoy the Roxanne.  Best IEM I ever bought.  Now I have to sell my Shure SE535 and my Sennheiser IE800...

You sure you are giving them enough time for your ears to adjust? I know you are very experienced with CIEMs but when I first got my 13's they hurt. Using them for an hour a day, they settled down and were fine.

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #6,957 of 8,377
You sure you are giving them enough time for your ears to adjust? I know you are very experienced with CIEMs but when I first got my 13's they hurt. Using them for an hour a day, they settled down and were fine.

I am not sure I understand your comments.

I never had any problem with the fit of my IEMs.  I am thinking of selling a bunch of them because they do not sound as good as the Roxanne...

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #6,959 of 8,377
For some weird reason all attempts to quote Mimoulle come back to Justin Time.
Mimoulle! If you are reading this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back