New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Oct 10, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #6,961 of 8,377
For some weird reason all attempts to quote Mimoulle come back to Justin Time.
Mimoulle! If you are reading this...
You sure you are giving them enough time for your ears to adjust? I know you are very experienced with CIEMs but when I first got my 13's they hurt. Using them for an hour a day, they settled down and were fine.
Yep I am sure...I tried for a few days, and my NT6 are much more comfortable. I just resent them one last time with fresh prints.

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #6,963 of 8,377
I don't think that would achieve much.
AFAIK all casting is done from impressions. Good impressions are key.
Then it is down to the skill of the technician in refining what the mould produces.
I guess at that stage he could refer to another CIEM but I can understand why you wouldn't want to go that route.
I really hope you get it sorted Mimoulle.
Going through refits myself atm.
Hope I'm not on a similar path of pain!

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #6,970 of 8,377
You can do that? Send them your actual CIEMs instead of impressions? 

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #6,974 of 8,377
Please be patient Michael
I have made 2 times ear impression for my JH Roxanne Carbon Fiber and need totally 10 month until I got mine
biggrin.gif

Wow, that's long. You didn't happen to get yours from Jaben, did you? 
ph34r.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #6,975 of 8,377
I'm quite interested in getting JH Roxanne Universal. And would like to know how they compare to my current set of AKG K3003?

I'm quite pleased with them as is, but I could wish for a bit more deep extension and punch. While their highs used to sound right on the verge of becoming harsh, they now days sound just fine, crisp and clear. Also I've never quite liked the sound of Shure's silky smooth, rolled of highs, but to be fair, I haven't spent much time listening to them more than a couple of short sessions, so my brain has never had the time to adjust to their sound.

I've also owned UE TF10 (sounds good to me but just maybe slightly fatiguing highs), Westone 3 & 4R (unbearably veiled mids and highs in my opinion) and q-Jays (I love it's satisfying punchy bass sound).

My other option would be to get the Shure 846 with high boost filter but I'm still curious about the JH R.

PS. I should mention I don't live in the states and has no way of previewing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back