New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Aug 17, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #6,726 of 8,377
Don't send them back just yet... had the same issue with my right ear as well, to a lesser degree on my left.  Couldn't take more than 15 minutes at first, by the second day I was able to do about 45 minutes per sitting before the pain was too much and had to take a break.  5 days later I could go several hours but that area would be sore/numb after.  Now 5 months later, there is no rubbing at all.

Agreed, had them for a week with pain,,and my ears adjusted

Aug 18, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #6,729 of 8,377
Does anyone know if balanced cables are available for the Rox yet? I found these online, but think they are 2.5mm instead of 3.5mm which i'm looking for. Intend to pair them with my HM-901. 

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/roxanne-balanced-cables.html

Aug 18, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #6,730 of 8,377
The easiest way is to get the 2.5mm balanced cable and get a 2.5mm trrs to 3.5mm trrs adapter.

There are a few cable manufacturers that offers the adapter.

Another way is to get your current cable re-terminated.

Aug 18, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #6,731 of 8,377
Aug 18, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #6,732 of 8,377

Thanks, but I think its the other way round :) Need a 3.5mm TRRS male to 2.5mm TRRS female... Found this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Audio-3-5mm-Male-Plug-to-2-5mm-Female-Jack-Aux-Stereo-MIC-TRRS-Adapter-lot-/201070854492?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Would this work? 
confused.gif

Aug 18, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #6,733 of 8,377
Aug 18, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #6,735 of 8,377
Hey guys, this is gonna be a very short writeup on how I feel about the roxannes. I listen to all genres of music but have metal in the majority. I like neutral and close to life sound. Hate all the overhyped stuff.

First listen at Jaben, tbh i wasnt expecting much because the demo units just do not live up to my reference point which is my JH13. However it wasnt as bad as i expected. The first thing which is noticed is the extremely wide soundstage. It was a very weird experience but in a good way where you feel the sound is coming from out of the ciem shell. Soundwise was definitely better than the demos but I do not want to describe them at this stage.

So after 2 days of bearing the pain and burning them in. I like them at 0 bass, only when i listent to EDM is when i turn them up to the max. At 0, I feel its the most neutral and imo even more than the 13s.

Listening to them, the highs of this earphones are definitely sparkly. Take note they are sparkly but at no where shrilling and fatiguing to the ear. The cymbals are very very close to what you hear in real life which to some who don't have much experience with a drum set will complain its too sharp. If I have to make a simple comparison on the levels which the roxannes are at, roxannes have ribbon tweeters while jh13s have metal dome tweeter.

Next are the mids which I will keep short because I totally dislike how people pay too much attention to it that they forget about music as a whole. The mids are natural not boosted like audiophile recordings. It is lush enough to make your hair stand on certain tracks on just how realistic it is.

Lastly the bass, as it can be tuned it has many characters. But as I said i like it at 0 or max. At 0 which to me is neutral and reference like, it is sufficient enough for everything. This is the most organic and dynamic sounding bass. Having owned a mg6pro before that is what i call true bass and timbre which i expected none from a BA. Instead it performed as well or if not better. At max you just want to enjoy dance track but they are no where like the 16s, the bass is more than the 16s hits harder but do not veil the other frequency like the 16s did.

Overall I love them and feel that they can replace my 13s. But i feel they have not reach full potential due to burning in of drivers and the mediocre cable. Am planning to get piccolinos on them, not confirm yet. Ok got to rush now I will edit abit more later, hope no one is offended all this is my opinion. Cheers all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back