New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jul 1, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #6,331 of 8,377
  I'm a long time ER4S user (been thru 3 pairs now) and no the Roxanne is nothing like the Etys.  If you like thumping bass, you won't ever been satisfied with ER4S even if you implement them into your canal.  Having said that, I'm not really a bass head and sound signature wise I do prefer the Etys over that of the Roxanne.  The discomfort (well, an understatement) of properly wearing the ER4S is really the biggest barrier and even after a decade I'm still bothered by using it any longer than say an hour continuously.  I had also tried remolding the Etys into custom shell but it changed the sound so significantly I had to re-buy another pair to use.  I also tried the canal works CW-L05QD which put 4 of the er4 BAs on each side but nope, I find it sound worse - more is not better than less.  I'm a bit perplexed since when we had collectively (me included) fall for spec marketing where price/# of drivers/tech jargons became an "objective ranking/classification" system of quality and anyone who suggest he/she may prefer a "cheaper/lesser/inferior" product is being frown upon.  

I like the Roxanne, I think it really aim for those who need more bass and higher volume as it does these very very well.  It never become shouty or grained when I push the volume up.  Personally I don't use them loud and like more treble presence so for me I'd prefer the JH13fp to the Roxanne. 

ER4S really is a classic performer. I remember (I think it was actually kkcc) who told me:

"Whatever IEM you ever own your ER4S will always return to impress you"

I found that statement quite true and share it with others. Like anything the Ety won't be for everyone though it's stand against the test of "audio years" says it all really.

Jul 5, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #6,333 of 8,377
I tried the AK03 versions and my first impression was not great. They do sound good, but they are huge and stuck out of my ears like TF10s. I wish I had more time with them - sometimes you need to spend days or even a week to get used to the sound of new gear. There's no getting around their size, though.

Jul 7, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #6,337 of 8,377
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 7, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #6,340 of 8,377
pls post here and share with us... How is the ciem itself?

The iem is great; case work is shoddy considering it's been 8 months... Don't even know how they could ship it this way

Yes, how does it compare with the K3003i you've got

Roxanne is better, but my IE800 and K3003i are in fact more transparent and more resolved from mids to highs from a HM901 or iphone 5. Roxanne still sounds more realistic though, and that's what counts

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 9, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #6,341 of 8,377
Got an Question about the Roxxanse Demos. Had laste week the JH-16 FQ (TF-10 lover. so 90% perfekt for me, but after 6 hours bass is a little bit anouing) and now the Roxanne Demos.
But its not poissible to chance something via cable at the in ear, like on the homepage is declaired.

There got some Potis at end of cable.

I have to make the knack with something always something broken. Which direction is down / up, and how far can you turn the outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back