New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jul 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #6,346 of 8,377
Got another Question. The Roxanne Demos are very unconfortable.
Its near impossible for me to get a seal (and testet 20 eartips, from foam to silicone, double and tripple in any size)

An thay stand to much out of my ear (ok 16 driver...), the JH-16 is aktualy my favorite (i like the bass...)

Whats with the custom version from Roxanne, are there so big, too? Or comfortable.
Anybody got JH 16 FQ and Roxanne? I can disclaim in 10-20% better sound, when there are more comfortable.

Need music in bed to got sleep....

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #6,348 of 8,377
Got another Question. The Roxanne Demos are very unconfortable.
Its near impossible for me to get a seal (and testet 20 eartips, from foam to silicone, double and tripple in any size)

An thay stand to much out of my ear (ok 16 driver...), the JH-16 is aktualy my favorite (i like the bass...)

Whats with the custom version from Roxanne, are there so big, too? Or comfortable.
Anybody got JH 16 FQ and Roxanne? I can disclaim in 10-20% better sound, when there are more comfortable.

Need music in bed to got sleep....

Custom Roxannes are smaller and very comfortable if the fit is right. They are still large in comparison with most other customs but I had no issues with sleeping with them in ears.

I wasn't able to get consistent seal with universals, during the demo I had to push them in almost all the time.

I'm now waiting for my first silicon customs. I wonder how the comfort will be in comparison to acrylics.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #6,351 of 8,377
I've been using mine with the bass set at 9 pm. I'm trying out 12 pm to see how it goes. Has anyone settled on a bass setting? 

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #6,352 of 8,377
  I've been using mine with the bass set at 9 pm. I'm trying out 12 pm to see how it goes. Has anyone settled on a bass setting? 

I'm in the same boat as you.

I kept it at 8am for many months, and this week I just changed to 12pm. The difference is really no more than + 1 to 2db centered around 50 hz. Enjoying the extra bit of thump so far. Anything north of 12pm is too much for my taste.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #6,353 of 8,377

I'm in the same boat as you.

I kept it at 8am for many months, and this week I just changed to 12pm. The difference is really no more than + 1 to 2db centered around 50 hz. Enjoying the extra bit of thump so far. Anything north of 12pm is too much for my taste.

Interestingly I used to use them at 2pm for the first 2-3 weeks (not sure how many hours of listening it was) and I didn't find the bass to be overwhelming. However, after that time the bass became disturbing (I'll not speculate why) and I tuned down to 12pm. I didn't settled yet and I'm not sure if I ever will :) That's the beauty of easy adjustments.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #6,354 of 8,377
I've settled at 10am after spending plenty of time (over a week or so each) IIRC at 2pm, 8am, 9am, 11am, 12pm, 9am again.  I haven't touched the dial in about a month now.  

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #6,356 of 8,377
Anyone else thinks the cable is an ergonomic torture instrument from tangle hell?

I have opposite experience. I find Roxanne's cable to tangle less then my other IEMs' cables, it probably depends how you coil it and store it.

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #6,357 of 8,377
I'm using at 2pm for a few weeks now. Enjoying the bass of Roxanne. I'm still auditioning for a dac/dap  that suits roxanne and I realised I reach out to the port setting to add or reduce the bass. Straight out from android phone is at 2pm.

I'm enjoying the thicker cable vs the thinner counterpart. Probably a visual premium sight.

Btw, which dac/dap do you guys recommend for Rox? I find Chord Hugo the best pair with my ears. Added some air to the thick sounding, extending the treble and gives depth to the sound signature. The AK240 adds more thickness and drives the bass with much more authority. Also tried the Fiio E12 amp. The sound signature seems more digital and didnt wow me. DX90 was much better but didnt give me the wow factor vs the Chord Hugo and AK240.

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #6,358 of 8,377
I'm using at 2pm for a few weeks now. Enjoying the bass of Roxanne. I'm still auditioning for a dac/dap  that suits roxanne and I realised I reach out to the port setting to add or reduce the bass. Straight out from android phone is at 2pm.

I'm enjoying the thicker cable vs the thinner counterpart. Probably a visual premium sight.

Btw, which dac/dap do you guys recommend for Rox? I find Chord Hugo the best pair with my ears. Added some air to the thick sounding, extending the treble and gives depth to the sound signature. The AK240 adds more thickness and drives the bass with much more authority. Also tried the Fiio E12 amp. The sound signature seems more digital and didnt wow me. DX90 was much better but didnt give me the wow factor vs the Chord Hugo and AK240.

Tried Hugo with ak120 didn't wow me, not sure with ak240 but definitely not for me, very inconvenient for daily use. I think I'm settle with ak240 balance. maybe add RWAK mod.

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #6,359 of 8,377
I use the Roxannes at 12 o clock so far...since my other ciems are neutralish, I want my Roxannes bassy...anyways they are going back for second refit.

Anyone else thinks the cable is an ergonomic torture instrument from tangle hell?

Ouch, thought I could get some impression from you with the RWAK240.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back