New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 16, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #6,076 of 8,377
Just received my CF Roxannes. Would say they look great and no visible defect on the earpieces.
Overall the wait has killed the anxiety For me I would say. Still great sounds, but personally I wouldn't recommend CF to anyone else due to the lack of customer service/updates from them during the 7mth wait

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #6,077 of 8,377
Mine was acrylic and I'd agree with your verdict. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #6,078 of 8,377

After a mere six and a half months, my CF Roxannes arrived Monday. They sound great out of the box. The CF on my earpieces is very close to perfect, my case only a bit less so. And my cord don't smell and my nuts are intact. Or should it be my cord is intact and my nuts don't smell? No, that wouldn't be entirely accurate...

What does smell is JHA's "customer service," which seems calculated to eliminate repeat customers. Their approach seems to be "Ignore them and they'll go away eventually." JHA probably realized about 9:03 a.m. on the Monday after BF that they had a big problem. But did they email everyone and say please be patient, we're still a small company and this is gonna take a while, possibly a long while? No, they closed down like the Nixon White House after the Watergate break-in. And it worked about as well. My emails were ignored, phone calls unreturned. Not cool, and not appreciated. Especially after it became pretty clear that orders were being filled out of order, so to speak.

Overall, my worst Head-Fi-related buying experience, no contest. Thank Zarquon the Roxannes fit, I don't think I could have faced sending them back for a re-do. So long, fellow sufferers, and to everyone else - Caveat Emptor.

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #6,079 of 8,377
Just received my Roxanne (Acrylic) today. Waited for 12 weeks as promised by them. Out of the box, sound a bit dark, but i believe after some burn in, the sound should open up. Soundstage and details are excellent! Some of the details which i dont hear before with my Westone UM3X. Cord smell a bit odd, but i can live with it
L3000.gif
 Fitting is just nice. Still need some time on how to wear it and take it out..
beyersmile.png

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #6,080 of 8,377
Some of us have received our new ears and some of us are still playing the Roxanne waiting game but today, the gods moved the game pieces to make it even more cruel:

Last week I received notification that FedEx were sending my Roxannes. They arrived today, just after I was flown out to an offshore oil platform for 2 weeks. So, they're sat there. At home. Waiting patiently for me. Counting down the days...

frown.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #6,081 of 8,377
The feedback in this thread is downright shocking. I seriously feel for Mimouille.

I know some are saying that the wait is worth it, but I'm sorry - that kind of customer experience isn't worth any kind of sound IMO. Never mind the wait time, I don't think I'd be able to appreciate anything after being treated like some have, especially considering the amount of money that is sunk into these things.

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #6,082 of 8,377
  The feedback in this thread is downright shocking. I seriously feel for Mimouille.

I know some are saying that the wait is worth it, but I'm sorry - that kind of customer experience isn't worth any kind of sound IMO. Never mind the wait time, I don't think I'd be able to appreciate anything after being treated like some have, especially considering the amount of money that is sunk into these things.

So you are saying that if you had spent the $$ on a pair of headphones that had a difficult procurement - that no matter how nice they sounded, you would not be able to get past the experience?

You're not female are you? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #6,083 of 8,377
Companies shouldn't be able to get away with treating customers badly because they make the best anything. It's not as if JH are the only ones out there making fantastic-sounding and fantastic-looking CIEMs. However I don't read a constant stream of horror stories about all manufacturers. 

Wait-time is one thing - and while I think a 6-month wait is downright absurd, I think I'd be able to deal with it. But the way people have been jerked around? Nah. I'll support another CIEM maker, quite frankly. Yes, even if I thought the JH CIEMS were the best thing I'd ever heard.

If they clean up their act? Maybe. But reading these experiences is like a giant red flag. Giving my business to a company with full knowledge of this chicanery? Hell, I think that simply encourages bad behaviour and gives them no reason to change how they're running things.

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #6,087 of 8,377
Oh goodness gracious, everybody is so sensitive...

These are a piece of artwork - there is no excuse for the way that JH has handled things - that is for certain - but to throw the baby out with the bathwater is ludicrous.

If I hire DaVinci to paint something and he screws me around - I won't commission DaVinci to paint anything for me of a time-sensitive nature again. But I won't throw the Mona Lisa into the Thames either.

You would think that CIEMs were somehow hard wired to people's pacemakers. 
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #6,088 of 8,377
I'm with hatefulsandwich. I won't be buying from JHA again. Communication costs very little and makes all the difference.
Personally I do not consider CIEM's to be works of art. Even if I did I would not want a painting on my wall that I felt was painted by an artist who had contempt for me as a customer. Life is too short for crap service.

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #6,089 of 8,377
I'm with hatefulsandwich. I won't be buying from JHA again. Communication costs very little and makes all the difference.
Personally I do not consider CIEM's to be works of art. Even if I did I would not want a painting on my wall that I felt was painted by an artist who had contempt for me as a customer. Life is too short for crap service.

You really think they have contempt for you? That they take meetings and talk about how they will screw the customers this week? Yes they took on too much business. Yes, they don't have a customer service manager who has the balls enough to tell the people who call every couple of days to "bugger off, you'll get them when they are done." But it is pretty obvious that they are working their asses off and shipping product - and they are a large enough company, with wealthy enough customers that the assembly line is probably getting hammered by those willing to pay for rush service - that is a given in this industry - every shop has that option.

You don't consider them art - well do you consider them hand-made? Can we agree on that. This isn't Shure telling you that they are backordered and when they come in, we'll ship yours out.

If this was me - the moment I knew that this was not going to go according to schedule - I would have backed off and forgot about them and when they arrived, I'd have been pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't harangue my friends and anyone who would listen about how much I was wronged and how persecuted I felt. This isn't food or water (or sex)

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #6,090 of 8,377
This isn't food or water (or sex)

That is exactly why poor service is so annoying. I expect the purchasing of a luxury product that is made for me personally to be a pleasurable experience.
There is enough aggro in my everyday life spent trying to deal with things out of necessity.
My comment about contempt derives from my belief that JHA do not want my kind of custom. They prefer to see themselves serving the pro user rather than the luxury market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back