New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 17, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #6,091 of 8,377
This is where we can agree to disagree - I don't look at it as a luxury item - I see it as a cutting-edge piece of electronics that is pushing the envelope. If Luis Vitton couldn't make a bag on time, or Harry Winston couldn't set a diamond in platinum (items I consider luxury) then I could perhaps get more angry at them - but there isn't another 12-driver full Carbon Fiber IEM available.

They are breaking new ground - and they are boneheads - but I understand boneheads.

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #6,092 of 8,377
Don't get me wrong. I am sure Jerry Harvey is very talented.
He also runs a company.
A company relies on income from customers. It is that income that pays for all the innovation.
Anyway. This is probably getting tedious for others to read. All the best Ivabign.

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #6,094 of 8,377
Cheers, Kris. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #6,095 of 8,377
^ Add me to the list that disagree with you. I'm not sure I understand your point. Are you trying to get us to be happy that JHA is jacking everyone around because we should be in awe of Jerry LOL? Did you really compare him to Da Vinci LOL? 

The Roxanne's aren't the best CIEM. They are just another option. There are many that prefer Noble's or other offerings more, so I'm not sure why you are trying to make them more than what they are. I do find all your comparisons with historical figures entertaining though. 

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #6,096 of 8,377
^ Like I said, I understand boneheads....

Where did I say they should be happy? I'm going to have to reread my post - naaah.. I didn't say it. Did I call JH Da Vinci? Nope... I used him as an analogy that could cross many cultures - but some (see above) take thing too literally. 

Did I say they were the best IEM? Nope. I said there wasn't another like the Roxanne - and no matter how many words you rearrange and try to put in my mouth, you can't dispute that and describe a Noble with the same configuration. Thank you for letting me in on the fact that there are more than one CIEM manufacturer - I was unaware.

I'm also glad you were entertained - you are probably entertained rather easily.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #6,097 of 8,377
You're attempts to condescend only point to insecurity. So, you're point was that they are unique like every other CIEM? Thanks for that. I'm enlightened 
wink_face.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #6,098 of 8,377
Have a nice day, Rob.

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #6,101 of 8,377
  You really think they have contempt for you? That they take meetings and talk about how they will screw the customers this week? Yes they took on too much business. Yes, they don't have a customer service manager who has the balls enough to tell the people who call every couple of days to "bugger off, you'll get them when they are done." But it is pretty obvious that they are working their asses off and shipping product - and they are a large enough company, with wealthy enough customers that the assembly line is probably getting hammered by those willing to pay for rush service - that is a given in this industry - every shop has that option.

You don't consider them art - well do you consider them hand-made? Can we agree on that. This isn't Shure telling you that they are backordered and when they come in, we'll ship yours out.

If this was me - the moment I knew that this was not going to go according to schedule - I would have backed off and forgot about them and when they arrived, I'd have been pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't harangue my friends and anyone who would listen about how much I was wronged and how persecuted I felt. This isn't food or water (or sex)

I wouldn't call it contempt, I would call it indifference or neglect, neither of which is a particularly good business practice towards customers.  Want to eliminate a large number of complaints?  Charge the customer's card when the product is complete and shipped.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #6,102 of 8,377
Mine should be here soon, there are in transit in Shanghai, and have been released from customs (after paying 180$). Angie insisted they could not mark low value, which I understand, as it is illegal, but then I learned that they did it for other customers...well at this point nothing they do short of crapping in my ears would suprise me.

Anyways I am hoping the fit will be gooe because I would rather get plastic surgery on my ears than send them back to JH for refit.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #6,103 of 8,377
I wouldn't call it contempt, I would call it indifference or neglect, neither of which is a particularly good business practice towards customers.  Want to eliminate a large number of complaints?  Charge the customer's card when the product is complete and shipped.
Or pay 1/2 upfront and the balance when their done. When I had my custom chopper built, That's what I did//Keeps em working. But with custom earphones the policy seems to be ALL the $$$ upfront(at least with JH and UE) From what I understand, UE works hard to deliver on schedule and their Pro customers demand it. You can have good quality, but if your unreliable, people (esp those w/deep pockets)won't trust the business.

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #6,104 of 8,377
  Going away from the customer service aspect, anyone had experience with JH 13 or 16 and compared with Roxanne? Does Roxanne worth its price?

FWIW - I auditioned them all last year at CanJam, I decided on the Roxanne's mostly due to the bass control and also because even as a "new to CIEM's" person I could definitely hear an improved clarity and separation in the Roxanne's.  This was apparent to me even in the "noisy" Expo environment.  It was very close though, the 13's were very nice and I know I could have been very happy with them, also.  The 16's, to me, seemed to have too much bass to suite all the music I listen to.  They would have been used when I needed the bass.  For reference I also liked the UE7 pro's and bought at the same time, the 11's were close and the 18's were too much (again for all the different music I like) and would have been used when I was in the mood for bass...

Again I only auditioned the 13 and 16 so limited time with them.  That being said I am very happy I got the Roxanne's and use them often.

Hope this helps
beerchug.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #6,105 of 8,377
  Going away from the customer service aspect, anyone had experience with JH 13 or 16 and compared with Roxanne? Does Roxanne worth its price?

I have both JH16 and Roxanne. I would say they are different and one is not necessarily better than the other. JH16 is brighter but Roxanne has wider soundstage overall. Having the variable bass to fine tune it to your taste helps.

You should listen to a demo of both phones before you decide. In my opinion, if I have to choose only one, I would go with Roxanne. For me it's a better all rounder. But for rock/metal exclusively JH16 is a bit more fun because of the brighter presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back