New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 15, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #6,061 of 8,377
The attenuator is roughly 100 ohm....
If you like your bass level @ 12 o'clock, a 50ohm resistor could be installed within each monitor.

Adjustability would be lost, but it should make reshelling easier.

Ok i got you, you mean fixed the bass like the conventional iems.

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #6,062 of 8,377
Finally I've got my Roxannes (acrylic). I can confirm odd plastic smell of the cable, but in my case it is not that annoying, at least not yet - it is barely noticeable when wearing them - it may get more annoying if it will persist. They are actually smaller than I expected, judging by the size of demo universals.

I'm not 100% sure about the fit yet - right is perfect, left causes some noticeable pressure, but this seems to fade away after few minutes with them in ears, so I suppose no need for refit. Seal is good. It is easy to put them in and much harder to remove, these are my first customs so I suppose this is normal.

I opted for translucent wine color expecting dark red wine, in reality it is much lighter. Case is nice and robust, but it will be quickly replaced with much lighter Pelican.

It is too early to say something meaningful about SQ, but first impression is that straight out of the box they sounds darker than demo unis.

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #6,064 of 8,377
JH Roxanne best set Up :
Source : AK 240
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Cable : Sys Concept optical cable 1300 strands can pllay Hi Res music Up
To 24 bit / 192 kHz
Eartips : best eartips for JH Roxanne Sony Hybrid eartips
Bass position : at 9 O clock = 0.00 dB or Max at 10 O clock are My favorite bass position

Note :
JH Roxanne is source revealing , if Your source does not Synergy
SQ is Good Only , if you Find The Synergy Woow pair With JH Roxanne
SQ excellent .
I like bright and detail but not Harsh , The best bass position is at 9 O clock = 0,00 dB and Max at 10 O clock
If to much bass JH Roxanne SQ is Warm .

IMO

Jun 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #6,065 of 8,377
I don't claim they are dark, but that out-of-the-box they are darker than Roxannes Universals Demo units I was trying, not dark on its own. Anyway, I'm not going to write more about how they sound until I have a good mileage with them 
basshead.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #6,066 of 8,377
I don't claim they are dark, but that out-of-the-box they are darker than Roxannes Universals Demo units I was trying, not dark on its own. Anyway, I'm not going to write more about how they sound until I have a good mileage with them :basshead: .

Woow i feel JH Roxanne universal fit is already Warm to Me , if Custom JH Roxnne darker than The universal JH Roxanne than i pre order wrongly hahaha :D

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #6,068 of 8,377
  I don't claim they are dark, but that out-of-the-box they are darker than Roxannes Universals Demo units I was trying, not dark on its own. Anyway, I'm not going to write more about how they sound until I have a good mileage with them 
basshead.gif

What is your bass set at? 

They usually have it turned all the way up when they ship them out. 

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #6,069 of 8,377

What is your bass set at? 

They usually have it turned all the way up when they ship them out. 

I dialed it down to 0 and then slowly dialed it up. I stopped at 1:30 now - any more than that and mid bass gets overwhelming, may go lower than that later. I don't find the bass levels to influence mids to high ratio, at least not up to my current setting.

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #6,071 of 8,377
  I dialed it down to 0 and then slowly dialed it up. I stopped at 1:30 now - any more than that and mid bass gets overwhelming, may go lower than that later. I don't find the bass levels to influence mids to high ratio, at least not up to my current setting.

It is kind of odd that no matter how low the bass is dialed, it still has a "bassy" and somewhat dark presentation. 

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #6,072 of 8,377
Hmm, I have mine on 12'o clock dialed... Listened about 15-20 hours in total.
First impressions are that they are very dependable of the source how they behave...
I have tried them with the X5, AK240 (not long enough) and IOS devices and I must say that the X5 and AK240 sound excellent and not that dark at all, IMO.

I am expecting to receive my AK240 this or next week, I am going to give it some extensive listening to come back with better impressions:)

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #6,073 of 8,377
Finally my CF Roxanne's have arrived, I waited for nearly 7mths, and the wait was worth it.
A big thank you goes out to John @ NS Audiology, Sydney. They did a great job with my impressions, proved to be a well sealed fit. They maintained Roxanne was worth waiting for and I must say he was spot on. These are my first CIEM,s and what a great listening experience. I spent 24hrs on a flight getting to know Roxanne and got to hear my favourite music like I have never heard before. Remarkable. Paired nicely with AK120.
Roxanne's finish was perfect, the cables arrived all in one piece, nuts included! The case is close to perfect. Thank you JHA for producing a work of art.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #6,075 of 8,377

Hmm, I have mine on 12'o clock dialed... Listened about 15-20 hours in total.
First impressions are that they are very dependable of the source how they behave...
I have tried them with the X5, AK240 (not long enough) and IOS devices and I must say that the X5 and AK240 sound excellent and not that dark at all, IMO.

I am expecting to receive my AK240 this or next week, I am going to give it some extensive listening to come back with better impressions:)

Good to hear it pairs well with X5, I assume you used it straight out of headphone out? I strongly consider it as a more compact and I hope better sounding alternative to my iPod Classic+LittleDotMkI+ combo. I didn't decided yet, if I should replace my LittleDot with a better amp or get X5. I lean towards X5 for better compactness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back