New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 14, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #6,046 of 8,377
So the way to get your order is to threaten to cancel and you will get it in 2 weeks?

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #6,047 of 8,377
So the way to get your order is to threaten to cancel and you will get it in 2 weeks?
Well I complained so they hurried mine a little, and then they sent it to the wrong address, and when I told them, they first said I was wrong, so I proved it to them, they implied it was because I had rushed them that the mistake occured.
Plus of course they always declare the full value of the product (even if you paid reduced price on Black Friday, they declare full price), so expect to pay hefty customs...for me in China, I got lucky, it is "only" 10% on earphones so I am paying 180$.

What a great and pleasant experience with my friends at JH Audio !

Jun 15, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #6,050 of 8,377
The latest happy episode in my Roxanne love story:

[COLOR=1F497D]Hello,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]I think you are just trying on purpose to provide me with the worst service ever. I sent you two emails to change the shipping address, and was concerned that you had NOT done it because the shipping address on the website was still wrong. Your answer was the following:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]“We update addresses in your folder, not on the website because we ship from your folder. Your order should be shipping out in the next few weeks.”[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]However, I just received notification from Fedex that my package was going to be delivered at my old address in Shanghai. I now live in Beijing and told you so. You confirmed you changed the address and you actually DID NOT. This is going to cause an endless hassle for me from Chinese Fedex and the Chinese Tax Office that I ABSOLUTELY WANTED TO AVOID.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]I really do not understand what you have against me, but you are really making my life MUCH harder.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Thank you for nothing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=1F497D]Michael[/COLOR]

Congrats Michael for your jh Roxanne custom
Mine is already since November 2013 until now is not ready , I heard from local Jaben , Bcoz my jh Roxanne is in full black carbon take longer than acrylic version , the reason full black carbon can not produce with machine , must produce handmade .
For that reason I will wait very long like human baby maybe take 9 month until get birth hahaha :D

Temporary yesterday I bought jh Roxanne universal fit , if my custom jh Roxanne ready I plan to sell my universal fit :D

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #6,051 of 8,377
Rudi,

I have a question. I could be totally wrong but I thought the Roxanne's cable is eight wires, one for each of the bass, mids, treble and a ground on each side. If so, how can a balanced amp whether TRRS or Kobiconn imput with only 4 positive channels work? Does the fourth wire on each side become a overall positive lead? Thanks.

Jun 15, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #6,052 of 8,377
Rudi,

I have a question. I could be totally wrong but I thought the Roxanne's cable is eight wires, one for each of the bass, mids, treble and a ground on each side. If so, how can a balanced amp whether TRRS or Kobiconn imput with only 4 positive channels work? Does the fourth wire on each side become a overall positive lead? Thanks.

It's separated within the earpiece, hence the 4 pin connector.
1 positive per monitor separated into 3, the lead going to the bass pin is attenuated.

Jun 15, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #6,054 of 8,377
Thanks. But how do you achieve a balanced signal, wouldn't you need to separate the what was the ground into three positive channels.

For every iem with a 3-way crossover the signal is split. 1 positive split into 3 different frequency ranges
The Roxanne just carries that split outside the iem all the way to a common positive signal.
Hope I'm making sense.

Like I suggested earlier, the Roxanne could very easily be converted to a 2 pin connector using a resistor inside the iem instead of the attenuator.

Jun 15, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #6,056 of 8,377
For every iem with a 3-way crossover the signal is split. 1 positive split into 3 different frequency ranges
The Roxanne just carries that split outside the iem all the way to a common positive signal.
Hope I'm making sense.

Like I suggested earlier, the Roxanne could very easily be converted to a 2 pin connector using a resistor inside the iem instead of the attenuator.

Roxanne can actually achieve with 3 wire for each side instead of 4 wire. Ground, bass, mid & treble could share the same cable. The cross over still inside the shell.

I think i miss your earlier post, do you mean change the 4 pin to 2 pin connector? 

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #6,058 of 8,377
Yeah, I think the Roxanne could easily be redone using 2 pin connectors.

I believe jh will be switching to the 4 pin for their entire product lineup.

I know they are changing to 4pin for all their model not sure why, perhaps they want to have adjustable platform like Roxanne.

Btw how to achieve with 2pin as it required the wire to adjustable resistor .eg.. the Roxanne. The bass is go thru the adjustable resistor, mid and treble go to the cross over directly.

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #6,059 of 8,377
I know they are changing to 4pin for all their model not sure why, perhaps they want to have adjustable platform like Roxanne.

Btw how to achieve with 2pin as it required the wire to adjustable resistor .eg.. the Roxanne. The bass is go thru the adjustable resistor, mid and treble to to the cross over directly.

The attenuator is roughly 100 ohm....
If you like your bass level @ 12 o'clock, a 50ohm resistor could be installed within each monitor.

Adjustability would be lost, but it should make reshelling easier.

Jun 15, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #6,060 of 8,377

Btw how to achieve with 2pin as it required the wire to adjustable resistor .eg.. the Roxanne. The bass is go thru the adjustable resistor, mid and treble go to the cross over directly.

yeah, you have a point,  The pot is there to set the voltage for the 4 bass drivers.  Less than 3 is not possible.  1 for the pot line for bass.  1 for the mids and highs.  1 for ground.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back