New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Jun 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #6,018 of 8,377
Not a cool move for those with existing expensive cables... would be a bit of a shock with a set of IEMs turning up with a different connector!
Not a cool move when replacement cables aren't readily available from JH themselves...
Not a cool move for those that don't want the bulky cable...
Not a cool move for those that don't want the tuneable bass...

Interesting that this seems to have happened without any notification on the website?

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #6,019 of 8,377
  My cable has ZERO smell...

I have tried three Roxanne cables - two black and one clear. They all smell awful. I have tried airing them out for a few weeks with no improvement. I have over 50 IEMs and about a dozen after-market cables and I have never encountered anything like the Roxanne cables. The smell even rubs off on the foam in the metal case. At least the smell can be washed out of the foam liner, but I am at a loss what to do about the cables themselves. I can just barely stand to use the Roxannes. I'm hoping that someone will eventually release a third-party cable made with normal materials. 

Apparently, whatever the smell is, not everyone is sensitive to it. For those that are, it is horrible.

Jun 11, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #6,021 of 8,377
Latest email from Angie after i asked her for a status update. Ordered during BF through Jaben SG.

Your order is currently in the carbon fiber lab. It should be over there another week and then onto the components lab for those to be added and the finishing touches plus the case to be made.
It shouldn't be much longer a few weeks.

Hopefull it gets shipped out by the end of this month.

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #6,022 of 8,377
  I have tried three Roxanne cables - two black and one clear. They all smell awful. I have tried airing them out for a few weeks with no improvement. I have over 50 IEMs and about a dozen after-market cables and I have never encountered anything like the Roxanne cables. The smell even rubs off on the foam in the metal case. At least the smell can be washed out of the foam liner, but I am at a loss what to do about the cables themselves. I can just barely stand to use the Roxannes. I'm hoping that someone will eventually release a third-party cable made with normal materials. 

Apparently, whatever the smell is, not everyone is sensitive to it. For those that are, it is horrible.

Well... Mine did have a funny smell at first- it wasn't distracting at all, that was one week ago, no smell anymore:)

Jun 11, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #6,023 of 8,377

This is Very,Very strange. They can't even get there cables right. Very disconcerting. :rolleyes:

Jun 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #6,025 of 8,377
I will try that. Thanks.

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #6,028 of 8,377

Just wanna share my experience with my cf Roxanne. I received the roxanne on mid may. I ordered them via local Jaben and get my ear impression done on 30 October last year. So the wait is about 7 months.
Yes this is the longest waiting game i have done. Before it took me about 4 months to get my amp and 2 month to get the interconnect. So yeah I am getting used to wait. They are killing me but once you get it, they are actually worth it, I guess I just appreciate for all their work and time to get each of their item produce. They sounding may not be your cup of tea but it is their passion that you hear.

First time I listen to Roxanne, oh no.. they just sound like my 215se, they kinda emphasize in bass. But of course with much better sound quality and separation, like my earsonic sm64 v2. Vocal and treble is not as present and airy as my grado, It is kinda dark at first really. So first impression they are not bad, i kinda understand the sirens naming on this. They really does sound like sirens on the pirates movies that can lure people to the sound, It is not really engaging but it is so beautiful so that you hardly take them off your ear.

After more hours burned in, the sound just keeps getting better. vocal more present, Bass getting tighter (i set them at 12), cymbal sounds crisp and details, electric guitar sound real, trumpet also sound real. But what i really like is the bass. They are really filling up all head with all the detail and vibration. 
So final word I am really happy with my roxanne, I am thinking to get a new cable from dhc once Peter get the connector. Yes they smell kinda odd, but I am getting used to it after a while.
So guys you may or may not give them more time to finish their job. But for sure jh does beautiful things on the Roxanne,

Cheers!

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #6,030 of 8,377

Just wanna share my experience with my cf Roxanne. I received the roxanne on mid may. I ordered them via local Jaben and get my ear impression done on 30 October last year. So the wait is about 7 months.

Yes this is the longest waiting game i have done. Before it took me about 4 months to get my amp and 2 month to get the interconnect. So yeah I am getting used to wait. They are killing me but once you get it, they are actually worth it, I guess I just appreciate for all their work and time to get each of their item produce. They sounding may not be your cup of tea but it is their passion that you hear.

First time I listen to Roxanne, oh no.. they just sound like my 215se, they kinda emphasize in bass. But of course with much better sound quality and separation, like my earsonic sm64 v2. Vocal and treble is not as present and airy as my grado, It is kinda dark at first really. So first impression they are not bad, i kinda understand the sirens naming on this. They really does sound like sirens on the pirates movies that can lure people to the sound, It is not really engaging but it is so beautiful so that you hardly take them off your ear.

After more hours burned in, the sound just keeps getting better. vocal more present, Bass getting tighter (i set them at 12), cymbal sounds crisp and details, electric guitar sound real, trumpet also sound real. But what i really like is the bass. They are really filling up all head with all the detail and vibration. 
So final word I am really happy with my roxanne, I am thinking to get a new cable from dhc once Peter get the connector. Yes they smell kinda odd, but I am getting used to it after a while.
So guys you may or may not give them more time to finish their job. But for sure jh does beautiful things on the Roxanne,

Cheers!

Congratulations. Like me, the wait was frustrating but once I listen.. The instrument separation and the sound stage are to die for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back