New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
May 12, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #5,581 of 8,377
Well even though i am still waiting for my Roxie's to come back from JH after a refit, i have still been hovering about this thread like a vulture ready to pounce on news or opinions that give me a better idea of how to best enjoy these bad boys once i get them back, in terms of amps and so forth.

Burning in your Roxanne once you got them back will have noticeable difference than worrying about the cable. It's also free.

May 12, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #5,583 of 8,377
IMHO, upgrading other stuffs in the chain like amp/dac/sources will bring more differences to the sound than cable so I will look into those first. Cable will be the last thing I will upgrade and most of the time, for me, is for non-sound factor like asthetic, weight and durability ...

Pardon the interruption, but nice avatar. You should join us here.

On topic though, even JHA's recommends some burn in.

May 13, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #5,587 of 8,377
Mine were not the custom version but the AKR03, there seemed to be some phasing in the highs and high mids with my pair right out of the box, I thought it'd go away after some burning in. It did mostly, and after 24 hours of white noise, even better, but still not perfect, the phasing is happening around the high mids area, around 3-10 kHz I think, the sibilance on the vocals seems to hit a certain frequency around 4kHz region, but not much outside that. The pair I demoed definitely didn't have that problem, and it hasn't really improved a lot in the last 24 hrs of burning in with music and white noise. I'm wondering if you had some phasing problems with your ones initially too?
How long did you have to burn in yours for?

The biggest change is after the first 100 hours.

May 13, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #5,588 of 8,377
Burning in your Roxanne once you got them back will have noticeable difference than worrying about the cable. It's also free.

Thanks for the tip, and sorry for opening the can of cable worms, i didn't realise how hotly contested the issue is out there in the wild internet (a few googled articles and a tour through the attached comments section showed me the error of my ways :wink:  ) . i have heard a lot of people talking about burning in their CIEM's, I am keen to give it a go when i get my Roxies back, but what sort of process should i be using to do it? do i leave my IEM's plugged into my ipod overnight with the songs on shuffle? or should i be running white/pink/brown noise through them? also is volume a factor when doing it? 

May 13, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #5,589 of 8,377
Thanks for the tip, and sorry for opening the can of cable worms, i didn't realise how hotly contested the issue is out there in the wild internet (a few googled articles and a tour through the attached comments section showed me the error of my ways :wink:  ) . i have heard a lot of people talking about burning in their CIEM's, I am keen to give it a go when i get my Roxies back, but what sort of process should i be using to do it? do i leave my IEM's plugged into my ipod overnight with the songs on shuffle? or should i be running white/pink/brown noise through them? also is volume a factor when doing it? 

Different sorts or music playing in shuffle and repeat should be good enough. Jsut leave the volume at a slightly higher level than your listen level.

May 13, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #5,591 of 8,377
Burn in is a contentious subject too! At least it's free and cannot do any harm.
smily_headphones1.gif

At least there was an attempt and measured a difference when it comes to burn in. i have yet to find one for cables.

http://www.vikash.info/audio/audax/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back