New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 9, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #3,542 of 8,377
That's all I have at the moment too. I am studying the options while waiting. We can do much better than just our iPhones. I tried the Roxanne's with an AK120 and the difference was amazing.

I am in the exact same situation... Using an IPhone 5s at the moment... Only thing is... When changing to an other DAP, I will be forced to buy all my music again in different formats (flac, alac, dsd) so it will be extremely expensive and all other daps do not support Spotify.. Now I know that Spotify does not offer the best music quality, but to just browse for new music is something that really works well! Not to forget... An iPhone has excellent user interface which only be less when changing to a different DAP. The AK240 also has an excellent UI, but yeah...€2400 says it all. :frowning2:

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #3,544 of 8,377
UI is the most important to me. I need something that can take my itunes library and the playlists ive made. If it can do that and add the other features such as flac and other files into the new library that would be great.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #3,546 of 8,377
Not sure if any dap can import iTunes playlists. The dx50 can't, but it supports alac.

I think you can do that with m3u files? On the AK240 it works

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #3,548 of 8,377
I am in the exact same situation... Using an IPhone 5s at the moment... Only thing is... When changing to an other DAP, I will be forced to buy all my music again in different formats (flac, alac, dsd) so it will be extremely expensive and all other daps do not support Spotify.. Now I know that Spotify does not offer the best music quality, but to just browse for new music is something that really works well! Not to forget... An iPhone has excellent user interface which only be less when changing to a different DAP. The AK240 also has an excellent UI, but yeah...€2400 says it all. :frowning2:

What's sad about it, it's that beats music the supposedly spotify killer has the same music quality down to the T. It only works on mobile and has no desktop client and it's battery and ram hog.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #3,549 of 8,377
What's sad about it, it's that beats music the supposedly spotify killer has the same music quality down to the T. It only works on mobile and has no desktop client and it's battery and ram hog.

Until LTE unlimited bandwidth is the norm, I highly doubt we'll see uncompressed audio streaming to Mobile devices.... 6 gig is the norm here in Canada.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3,551 of 8,377
You should if you are not satisfied with the 5s sound (which is not bad). But still lossless could be better :)

There are cheaper options if you don't mind carrying a portable DAC/amp. With iOS7 you can get USB audio out using the lightning to camera connection kit (CCK) adaptor. That way you keep your music in your iPhone with the excellent UI.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #3,552 of 8,377
I am in the exact same situation... Using an IPhone 5s at the moment... Only thing is... When changing to an other DAP, I will be forced to buy all my music again in different formats (flac, alac, dsd) so it will be extremely expensive and all other daps do not support Spotify.. Now I know that Spotify does not offer the best music quality, but to just browse for new music is something that really works well! Not to forget... An iPhone has excellent user interface which only be less when changing to a different DAP. The AK240 also has an excellent UI, but yeah...€2400 says it all.
frown.gif

If you are OK, with a two-piece solution, iDSD allows streaming Spotify and allows you to use any iPhone or Android player that you like. 

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #3,553 of 8,377
You own the music and do not need to buy it again. As for format you can play it as is. . Even if you convert the music to say flac it does not matter. What ever format it's in means that is the level of quality you own. Post your situation and people will help .

Al

Feb 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #3,555 of 8,377
  Guys, I would like to remind everyone waiting that this is not an assembly line product, FIFO doesn't necessarily work. It's a FI-ASAP-O process. If you have simple ears, it may take them X days, if you have complex ears it may take them Y days. There is a huge amount of refinement both before (on your impressions) and after (on your shells), and there may be lots of hurdles (like bore drilling and driver positioning complications) that come with "less than" simple ears. 

So stop worrying about your order # and date. No two orders are the same, it's a custom product and it takes a custom amount of time!

That would be true if it seemed that JH has a clue about what they are doing. You do not take hundreds of orders on CF CIEMS at 1.5K$ if you have no clue if you can viably produce them in a timely manner (4 months is not a timely manner). I do not complain about delays on the thread because it is useless and anoying, but please do not tell us this situation is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back