New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 9, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #3,556 of 8,377

That would be true if it seemed that JH has a clue about what they are doing. You do not take hundreds of orders on CF CIEMS at 1.5K$ if you have no clue if you can viably produce them in a timely manner (4 months is not a timely manner). I do not complain about delays on the thread because it is useless and anoying, but please do not tell us this situation is normal.

If you think you can run a small business in a better fashion, then please shoot them an email and tell them how to more efficiently deal with:

1) Unforeseen amount of BF orders. More than usual judging by the amount of people who ordered during BF from Head-fi/Facebook.
2) Unforeseen production issues with CF. They ordered new ovens and tried their best to get production moving.
3) Unforeseen issues with the cables. They contacted their supplier and quickly arranged for a new cable, all meanwhile sending out tons of replacements to customers.

I'm not absolving them, this launch could have certainly been handled better if they were a larger company (which is why they had to hire more workforce). Also... nobody forced you to be an early adopter. You should know the BS that comes from being an early adopter, so yea this situation is actually pretty close to normal, including the cable issue which I called out months before it happened. I even called out the CF saying, don't go for too many "new" bells and whistles because more things can go wrong. I ordered on BF in acrylic and have had my set for 2 weeks now. I only wish I had told them right away I didn't want the CF case, I might have gotten them even sooner. So I don't know what to tell you and everyone else who ordered CF. You're kind of suffering of your own poison...

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #3,557 of 8,377
JH has been around awhile and they should know better. They were not prepared for this launch.

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #3,558 of 8,377
  I wouldn't hold my breath. They have been telling me my order will ship "this Thursday" for the past three weeks 
rolleyes.gif

(acrylic shell and metal round case)

My Roxanne did ship last Thursday after all. I got no prior shipping notice so I was like "WHAT!!??" when Fedex called this morning saying I got a package.

Build quality is very very good, a lot better than my previous JH CIEMs.

They are quite warm sounding which is surprising.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #3,559 of 8,377

If you think you can run a small business in a better fashion, then please shoot them an email and tell them how to more efficiently deal with:

1) Unforeseen amount of BF orders. More than usual judging by the amount of people who ordered during BF from Head-fi/Facebook.
2) Unforeseen production issues with CF. They ordered new ovens and tried their best to get production moving.
3) Unforeseen issues with the cables. They contacted their supplier and quickly arranged for a new cable, all meanwhile sending out tons of replacements to customers.

I'm not absolving them, this launch could have certainly been handled better if they were a larger company (which is why they had to hire more workforce). Also... nobody forced you to be an early adopter. You should know the BS that comes from being an early adopter, so yea this situation is actually pretty close to normal, including the cable issue which I called out months before it happened. I even called out the CF saying, don't go for too many "new" bells and whistles because more things can go wrong. I ordered on BF in acrylic and have had my set for 2 weeks now. I only wish I had told them right away I didn't want the CF case, I might have gotten them even sooner. So I don't know what to tell you and everyone else who ordered CF. You're kind of suffering of your own poison...

Hum....interesting. To all of us idiots who ordered the CF because we actually thought JH could deliver it, it is our fault. I cannot believe my own arrogance for wanting a new product ! Damn I wish I had listened to your acurate predictions...damn me !

But to answer your points;

• If you cannot handle the amount of orders, put a limit to them or warn you clients that any further order may entail a 6 month delay
  • Unforeseen production issues? They have put out less than 10 CF Roxanne and already have issues. This could have been foreseen had they properly tested first
  • Cables that break when you unscrew them? Well some testing could have prevented that for sure...

I think it is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS that people are increasingly accepting that companies are using us as beta testers, on account that they are "small companies". We accepting it is the main reason they do not even bother not doing it. And at the very least they could answer emails consistently.

I have bought many CIEMS, including new products, and never has it been that bad. Even for the UM 3DD debacle, Stephen was prompt in explaining and updating me regularly.

If you think this is all normal, fine. Do not expect other people the feel the same. Let us end this pointless conversation.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #3,560 of 8,377

I don't really know what to say....
I think Mimouille pointed everything out, and yeah I don't think people who ordered them expect theirs to be a 'beta tester' since almost all of us paid $1.5k for this.

Edit: Grammer :p

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #3,561 of 8,377
^ ^
I agree with everything what Mim pointed out.
When I personally asked Jerry when he was in town for the December Mook Festival in Singapore, he replied that for Roxanne orders up to the Black Friday period, including the CF shell, are expected to be delivered by end of January.
Well, we are coming to mid February now and I don't think their production facility closed for 2 weeks during the Chinese New Year period.... sarcastically speaking.

If I have known that the waiting period could drag on for more than 2 months, I could have ordered a FitEar 335DW or C435 for almost the same amount of money I paid for the Roxanne CF.
No point to cry over spill milk then, but I do hope in future others don't have to go through what we are experiencing now

Feb 10, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #3,562 of 8,377
Same here the "unknown" waiting time is just not normal. Many people dipped their toes for Roxanne on BF sale because they gave their word they deliver in 6-8 weeks which already takes into account that this is a new product. I had the confidence back then that they could because they deliver in time when I ordered JH16.

I could have gotten the LCD-X instead and should have been enjoying it already instead I got a 1.5K in stuck up there and don't know when I'll get my order. I could have waited on the next BF instead of agonizing for the indefinite waiting.

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #3,563 of 8,377
Stop complaining guys...I ordered mid oct and still nothing...
I know they are trying but trying and failing is just not good enough.

That said we been through all this complaining before and there are 2 options in my opinion.

1. Wait till it comes whenever that is.
2. Cancel your order.

The choose is up you 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 10, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #3,564 of 8,377

That said we been through all this complaining before and there are 2 options in my opinion.

2. Cancel your order.

The chose is up you 
bigsmile_face.gif

Are you crazy...if I cancel, how can I complain :wink:

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #3,565 of 8,377

2. Cancel your order.

The choose is up you :bigsmile_face:  

and you are crazy again if you think you can cancel it :wink:

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #3,566 of 8,377
So anybody here already cancelled his order?
To be honest, it ever crossed my mind.

I was thinking going to the FitEar route, but it seems like they are also swamped with orders

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #3,567 of 8,377

I was thinking going to the FitEar route, but it seems like they are also swamped with orders

I ordered my C435 on 9th Jan in Hong Kong and received the product on 7th Feb.

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #3,568 of 8,377

You can't cancel your order. The only option to get it fast, like I did, to switch to Acrylic and request it without CF case. After my request it took them 1.5 weeks to send it to me.

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #3,569 of 8,377

My Roxanne did ship last Thursday after all. I got no prior shipping notice so I was like "WHAT!!??" when Fedex called this morning saying I got a package.

Build quality is very very good, a lot better than my previous JH CIEMs.

They are quite warm sounding which is surprising.

I like the colour options you chose. out of the DAPs you own which are you preferring them with so far?

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #3,570 of 8,377
I like the colour options you chose. out of the DAPs you own which are you preferring them with so far?

Thanks! Well I've loaned my X5 to another head-fi'er so I can only try it with my 901.

Since the Roxanne already has very prominent mids, at times I feel the sound is a little too thick. Other than that, the combo is excellent sounding.
I suspect the X5, which is more neutral, might be a better match in terms of sound signature.

I'll post some impressions later to the impressions thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back