New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Dec 12, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #1,336 of 8,377
  Has anybody tried out a demo model or received their order yet? Can't wait to get the lowdown on these (even though they are out of my price range).

I believe we're hours away from Mook starting.  JH is there armed with universals for attendees' listening pleasure, so we should be getting an influx of new impressions.

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #1,337 of 8,377
Just wanted to chime in, JH's customer service is really good. I wanted to add in some ER-15 earplugs to my Roxanne order on black Friday, but obviously nobody was in over the weekend. When I got a reply during the week not only were they happy to add the plugs to the order, but they were willing to give me the discount on them as well.

Just sent off my impressions, I'm really excited to get my earphones but I know it'll be a ways off. I think I'll have to try and forget about them so it's a surprise when I get my order next year.

Dec 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #1,339 of 8,377
Just got an update, apparently my order status is: In The Lab.

No idea what that means because realistically they could stay in the lab for 2 months...but if I get them before Christmas I will be VERY impressed.

Dec 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,340 of 8,377
I sense some parody versions of that vid being made. I'd do it big I don't have a pair of guitars like she does.

Did anyone else notice the unfortunate name of the Canadian distributor? Second Inpression. I hope my first ones work!

My impressions to be posted tomorrow. Order no 11959 made on BF. Already packaged up otherwise I would share a photo. Mine also go 'way past' the second bend. My audiologist ( not cute but with decades of experience) used a pump and mix machine rather than a simple plunger. It used more force and produced a 45dB kind of isolation. More than I've ever experienced before.

Regards

John

Dec 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #1,342 of 8,377
Guys, guys.. calm down, that was just a photo shoot video thing. The photos that are produced will be used in advertisements 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #1,343 of 8,377
I can't wait for the impressions from Mook.. For now, the opinions seems to be divided between:

1. Meh, similar to JH 16/JH 13, less resolution than the 13s, SE 5Way is the best!!!, JH sound tuning is 
2. OMG best ever, sounds like heaven itself, amazing soundstage, I love Jerry's tattoos

My research is based on impressions from Canjam, Jaben/Mook China, Fujia Avic Japan with help from Google Translate (yes I have no life)

I feel like torn in half... I'm checking these forums like 20 times a day. This is like my iphone 5s order on macrumors all over again!!

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #1,345 of 8,377
  Guys, guys.. calm down, that was just a photo shoot video thing. The photos that are produced will be used in advertisements 
biggrin.gif

Agreed, but strictly speaking, posting that JH video (or screenshots thereof) might get you banned from Head-Fi. Am I the only one who thinks that's funny?
rolleyes.gif

Rules And Terms of Use /img/forum/go_quote.gif

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #1,346 of 8,377
  I can't wait for the impressions from Mook.. For now, the opinions seems to be divided between:

1. Meh, similar to JH 16/JH 13, less resolution than the 13s, SE 5Way is the best!!!, JH sound tuning is 
2. OMG best ever, sounds like heaven itself, amazing soundstage, I love Jerry's tattoos

My research is based on impressions from Canjam, Jaben/Mook China, Fujia Avic Japan with help from Google Translate (yes I have no life)

I feel like torn in half... I'm checking these forums like 20 times a day. This is like my iphone 5s order on macrumors all over again!!

Less resolution than the 13s and meh, sound like the 16/13? 

I would assume those are the people that really want it but want to feel better about not having it given the price. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #1,347 of 8,377
Agreed, but strictly speaking, posting that JH video (or screenshots thereof) might get you banned from Head-Fi. Am I the only one who thinks that's funny? :rolleyes:

I would be amazed if I get banned for posting that video.. just because there's a sexy woman in the video does not mean it's sexually-oriented as it's simply a person showing off the Roxannes.

Dec 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #1,349 of 8,377
You guys realize this is after all a business. While people reading head-fi or other audio forums don't need glamour advertisement to making purchase decision majority of the buying pubic are not. Unfortunately, advertising/marketing is the only you can catch people's attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back