New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Feb 18, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #7,938 of 8,377
That wasn't a slap at the Roxannes. I love mine. I'm just saying that no CIEM is going to sound like a planar headphone. I can't speak for the other headphones as I never heard them.

I can tell you that the Roxannnes sound great.

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #7,941 of 8,377
  I'm getting some hiss on my near 2 year old Roxannes. Anybody knows any possible remedy that does not involve sending it back to JH themselves? Trying to weigh my options.

Try a different cable first.  Maybe your cable ware is causing a RF leak.

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #7,942 of 8,377
Just wanted to say that I have had nothing but fantastic results with JH Audio and their customer support.. I'm always taken care of with them, and their repairs department is phenomenal!

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #7,943 of 8,377
Hi guys. I already have the jh16pro and are quite keen to try out the Roxanne but heard that the two share a very similar characteristic. Not planning to sell off my jh16so don't want to have 2 ciem that sound similar. Anyone have heard both care to comment

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #7,944 of 8,377
  Try a different cable first.  Maybe your cable ware is causing a RF leak.

I've tried it with my old cable (that only works one side, but fortunately the side that has hiss) and my new cable. Both have the hiss.

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #7,945 of 8,377
I've tried it with my old cable (that only works one side, but fortunately the side that has hiss) and my new cable. Both have the hiss.

Same or different DAP?  I am think you will need to RMA it back.

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #7,946 of 8,377
  Same or different DAP?  I am think you will need to RMA it back.

It depends on DAP. On my DX90 - none. Calyx M - very low. QP1R (low gain) - HELLO THERE MY NAME IS HISS. GO V2 Infinity - Noticeable.

Yeah I think so too. But the waiting is gonna suck. Oh well I've tried cleaning the tubes and all. Nothing.

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #7,948 of 8,377
Hi guys. I already have the jh16pro and are quite keen to try out the Roxanne but heard that the two share a very similar characteristic. Not planning to sell off my jh16so don't want to have 2 ciem that sound similar. Anyone have heard both care to comment

Oh man, they sound nothing alike, the Roxanne is miles ahead. I have the JH16 and the Roxanne makes it sound like a cheap IEM. The Roxanne has forward mids, that's the first thing you'd notice and the Roxanne has a more balanced sound whereas the JH16 sound signature seems to favor bass. Compared to the Roxanne my JH16 sounds muddy and undefined but the JH16 I have is the older model without Freq Phase, I'm not sure what the newer models sound like.

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #7,950 of 8,377
Whoa.. Now that is a very strong statement about the Roxanne. Do you play ard with the bass controller much? It felt a bit gimmicky and I don't think you will tweak it too frequently

Definitely not a gimmick, it's like having several IEMs in one. I do set it and forget it but that doesn't mean it's a gimmick, to me it means that as long as I have the high end and mid range that I like I can get the exact sound I want. Some people use cables or amps to add more bottom end presence to their music but because of the bass controller you'd never have to do that. That's why I chose the Roxanne, because the drivers are balanced, quad highs, mids and lows but I can add more bass if I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back