New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Apr 10, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #7,966 of 8,377
Which ear tip do you recommend with the roxanne? Do the spinfit fit?

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #7,967 of 8,377
Which ear tip do you recommend with the roxanne? Do the spinfit fit?

Spinfit tips do fit, but try not to insert them all the way in or the tips will have limited mobility which defeats the purpose of the tips in the first place.

I recently got a pair of Roxannes and found that the JVC Spiral Dot tips to give me the best seal and sound. Do try out different tips as YMMV

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #7,968 of 8,377
Is there anything I should know about the Roxannes before purchasing? I'm coming from JH5's and when I first heard them I thought could it really get any better? So here I am about to pull the trigger on Roxanne.

Apr 16, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #7,971 of 8,377
  Just got the Moon Audio Silver Dragon V2 in the mail today, going to give it a listen now.

http://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-iem-headphone-cable-v2.html

Be careful with these. They don't have the protective surround that the stock cables have at the IEM end. I broke my UERM's tugging this cable to remove them from my ears...

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #7,973 of 8,377
Oomingmak

Have you got the chance to listen to your Silver Dragon with Roxanne? I have the Black Dragon and wonder what you think of yours. Do you also have the Black Dragon by any chance? 

Apr 21, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #7,975 of 8,377
Can kindly share your impressions for black dragon with Roxanne? Heard that black dragons are warm and might cause Roxanne to be overly warm is that true?

I did shared my impressions of Black Dragon a few pages back, overall, i do like it. Yes Roxanne is already quite warm and "bass heavy", but I wasn't too satisfy with a few things with original cable (my cable is the original JH cable, not moon audio, if you have your Roxanne for more than 3 months, it should all be with JH cable).

I found with the original cable, the bass doesn't go deep enough for me, it's not punchy and a little bit muddy. The high is also a bit harsh from time to time, I heard they improve this on Universal Roxanne II, but with my custom Roxanne, the high isn't that great, tbh, i don't expect it to be, as you should know what Roxanne is really about when you purchased yours.

I typically don't believe cable could make this much difference, so I was doubting myself when I purchased the Black Dragon, after switching the cable, i can already hear the difference very easily. The bass is certainly better, it's a more quality bass that goes deeper and more punchy. You can always adjust the knot if you find yourself with too much low end. But I love the new low end Black Dragon provides, and surprisingly, it totally solve the high end harshness issue for me. The highs are smoother and to to me more pleasant to listen to. It doesn't extend it, doesn't make it more clear or forward (which I believe is what Silver Dragon would do), it just blend it better with the mids and lows. 

So yes, I like the sound, i can imagine some would say it being too warm, but at the end of the day, it really depends on what kind of music you listen to, if you getting Roxanne and Black Dragon to listen to vocals and classical, then you haven't done your research well enough. If you want to Rock and Roll, or anything that has more beat and meat to it, Roxanne will do a very good job, and imo Black Dragon makes it even better. 

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #7,977 of 8,377
Also eagerly awaiting the silver dragon cable review. I've been waiting for these cables for my Roxanne's for way too long, and would appreciate impressions and feedback between black dragon and silver dragon.

May 3, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #7,978 of 8,377
Sorry for the delay, I sent my Roxannes in for repair last week and I just got them back yesterday. So far the only notable difference I hear is the silver dragon has less bass than the black dragon and stock IEM cable, the sound is a bit more transparent but I was hoping for more transparency and high end. I'm going to let them burn in a bit more and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back