New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Aug 28, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #6,796 of 8,377
My Uni Rox now have close to 200 hours on them and any sibilance issues I had are now gone. Don't know if it's due to burn in or just my brain and ears adjusting but they sound incredible now, loving these. 

Interesting, so you've successfully tamed them :p Mine are about 50 hours burned in now, and I fitted them with comply Tx-500 tips + wax guard. Sibilance has gone down a bit, but still there, just not as piercing as before. I'll report back again when they hit the 100 hour burn in mark :) What's your bass setting?

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #6,797 of 8,377
If Id paid that amount for a pair of IEM's I would want to have an enormous grin on my face from the off rather than faffing around with burning in!

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #6,798 of 8,377
If Id paid that amount for a pair of IEM's I would want to have an enormous grin on my face from the off rather than faffing around with burning in!

Respectfully, I feel that I have only come to enjoy the Roxanne Universal's more after a little time with them AND some burn-in. I didn't know what to expect from my $$$, but I didn't really expect instant gratification. I must admit, I feared being underwhelmed by these, and like I said, I have really enjoyed them so far.

Aug 28, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #6,799 of 8,377
Seems I have successfully tamed them,
etysmile.gif
which is good cause I was a bit worried there for a while. I use the Comply TS-500 as well as the  the T-500 they came with, both seem to give me a good seal. My bass setting is 2:00, Ive played around with it and had it at 12:00 for a while but I like them better with more bass. 

Aug 28, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #6,801 of 8,377
Just got my uni rox as well from moon-audio. First impression is this thing is HUGE, it literally fill the bowl of my ear and still protrude around 0.5 cm. I am using the comply tip that come with it and can get good seal. Sound quality wise, it is awesome, amazing clarity, imaging and texture. I am experiencing sibilance on some of the songs especially the songs with lots of cymbals. 

Aug 28, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #6,804 of 8,377
  I couldn't wait...thus universals...also can sell them easier...although the site I bought them from accepts returns. 

I was going to order the universal, but it stick out too much when I try the demo, so I went with Customs. I hope it will fit the 1st time.

Aug 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #6,805 of 8,377
  Just got my uni rox as well from moon-audio. First impression is this thing is HUGE, it literally fill the bowl of my ear and still protrude around 0.5 cm. I am using the comply tip that come with it and can get good seal. Sound quality wise, it is awesome, amazing clarity, imaging and texture. I am experiencing sibilance on some of the songs especially the songs with lots of cymbals. 

Congrats! Yeah, the size of them are monstrous, almost looks like you're wearing some mini-headphones lol. Let them burn in, they'll open up even more. Yeah, sibilance is something which I noticed with the uni Rox's. Demoed 2 other uni Rox at different audio stores and they also had the exact same sibilance. I think it also has to do with the recording, if it was mastered badly then it'll be more pronounced. Cymbals especially are accentuated, on some songs, they're so bright my ears start to hurt. I've been burning them in and it seems to help with the sibilance, same as Jon1323 reported :)

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #6,806 of 8,377
I need your help on this, I'm trying refit this Roxanne.  I need better sealing of iem, and I feel iem is too losen.  It's not tightly seal.  I went to repair website. It's all form to fill.
I need your advise.

Thanks

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #6,807 of 8,377
T
Respectfully, I feel that I have only come to enjoy the Roxanne Universal's more after a little time with them AND some burn-in. I didn't know what to expect from my $$$, but I didn't really expect instant gratification. I must admit, I feared being underwhelmed by these, and like I said, I have really enjoyed them so far.

That's a very sensible attitude. When I got my 13's I was expecting the moon on a stick and was dissapointed. Over a bit of time I came to appreciate them. Especially when I had to return them and go back to my IEM while they were being checked. I don't put any of that down to burn in though. More managing expectations.

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #6,810 of 8,377
  I had no idea you could order non-custom roxannes. Could one of you share the link?

EarphoneSolutions.com, Moon-audio.com and ALOAudio.com all have the Roxanne Universal Fit. EarphoneSolutions even has a balanced Roxanne cable for the AK240 DAP. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back