New iRiver AK70
Dec 21, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #857 of 1,293
  Thank you! Thank You!
this the answer!

Which Ak is similar or better in sound quality than Dx80?

unfortunately I can't help you there, as I haven't had the chance to compare it to any of the other AK players...but my bet would be that it may very well sound similar to the AK120ii seeing as they have the same dual DAC setup. But then again, the AK240 also has the same dual DACs

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #858 of 1,293
  Thank you! Thank You!
this the answer!

Which Ak is similar or better in sound quality than Dx80?

I have them both. Sound signature is a quite similar. But with DX 80 you will get more from everything. More details, wider soundstage, more bass impact and unfortunately you will get some hiss too. On better side, battery in DX80 will give you more as well. I think, that DX 80 has more power and of course two card slots. As I wrote, more of everything.

Dec 22, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #859 of 1,293
  Hi, I'm very interessted by the little AK70.

Anyone compared AK70 to the Cayin i5? I still read a lot of complains about battery life. Has this been fixed after updates?

I own a Mojo (Conected via USB to my GS7) paired with my Meze 99 Classics. Should I expect a real downgrade in terms of SQ?

I have both and there is no comparison, AK70 sounds vail compared  to I5. I can't listen to ak70 without at least hooking up FiiO E6 amp to it on the go. UI on AK70 is more responsive, but design wise, feel in the hands and especially sound wise Cayin is in the league above. Of all players I have, only Cowon M2 is better then I5.

Dec 23, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #860 of 1,293
Just bought an [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588235294118)]Astell & Kern AK70 Black Edition and Shure SE535 Clear IEMs! UPS says i will get them 29 December, so a little late christmas gift to myself! :D This will be my first DAP and IEMs! [/color]

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #861 of 1,293
  really hate this colour. is there a chance that a&k will release a normal color like silver?

The AK70 is on my list and will get it soon mainly because of the color :wink:. It's Minty Green!!! Other reasons including WiFi, BT, and able streaming Tidal, which is a must for me. I'm currently waiting for the iBAsso DX200 and see if it could stream Tidal or not. If not, then it's gonna be an easy decision for me. I love the size and the design of the AK70 very much. 

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #862 of 1,293
Can any owner of the AK70 help me answer these question? Thank you and really appreciate in advance!

How is the WiFi of the AK70? Is the WiFi reliable while streaming from Tidal?
I saw the AK70 got 2.5mm balance and 3.5mm unbalance output. How is the sound differences between these two outputs?
All of my IEMs got 3.5mm, anyone know a good 3.5 to 2.5 adapter jack that recommend (preferred no wire in-between, just the jack adapter).

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #863 of 1,293
Can any owner of the AK70 help me answer these question? Thank you and really appreciate in advance!

How is the WiFi of the AK70? Is the WiFi reliable while streaming from Tidal?
I saw the AK70 got 2.5mm balance and 3.5mm unbalance output. How is the sound differences between these two outputs?
All of my IEMs got 3.5mm, anyone know a good 3.5 to 2.5 adapter jack that recommend (preferred no wire in-between, just the jack adapter).

Wifi on the AK70 should be fine with Tidal but there is no offline mode for the Tidal app in AK players.
You won't get balanced with the adapter if your 3.5mm is only single ended. You need to get new cables for your IEM if you wish to use the 2.5mm output.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #866 of 1,293
Just to say that i've bought both... and i'm definitly send back the ak70 to amazon! It's really beautiful, and more responsive, but it's years away from ibasso dx80 in terms of sound quality!! If this is your priority ibasso dx80 is the way. Just to say that the ak seems vail compared to neutral-clean sound of dx80. Thans for your help!

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #867 of 1,293
Just to say that i've bought both... and i'm definitly send back the ak70 to amazon! It's really beautiful, and more responsive, but it's years away from ibasso dx80 in terms of sound quality!! If this is your priority ibasso dx80 is the way. Just to say that the ak seems vail compared to neutral-clean sound of dx80. Thans for your help!

Ha! Ha! That is exactly the same word I used to describe AK70 vs Cayin I5 - vail! Only difference is Cayin is not neutral, it is just a joy to listen. Unfortunately I can't send AK70 back to RedFli since they didn't want to cover return shipping for the first faulty one that I had to return due to a headphone jack getting broken after only 2 months.

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #868 of 1,293
I have a couple of days left with the AK70. I've no reason not to keep it to be honest; I don't to bother with EQ and I've encountered no other problems, the wifi issue seems to have been interference/environmental and have not encountered any further issues.

Out of curiosity alone, now that it's the same price, I am contemplating the X7. Any thoughts from people who've experienced both?

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #869 of 1,293
Do you guys find the AK70 veiled in the mids at all? One issue I'm having with my AK300 is its quite warm, very warm around the mid-range which makes it sound veiled, dull, strained around the mids. I had an AK JR arrive today with my AK300 expectations in mind, personally I prefer the AK JR, I know it sounds crazy but that dullness around the AK300 mids drives me a bit nuts and opposite my preferences. Thinking of selling it and getting an AK70 instead.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #870 of 1,293
I don't find ithe AK70 veiled in the mids at all. I find a great deal of clarity in the mids; I'm really enjoying it as both a DAP & USB DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back