New iRiver AK70
Jan 6, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #886 of 1,293
Using the AK70 as a USB DAC (with MacBook Air), I'm finding issues with stuttering & pops, intermittently and mainly when switching between bit rates on Tidal (although it can randomly happen in the middle of a track too). I love this as a DAP but it's functionality as a USB DAC (which was a purchase consideration), is making me have second thoughts...

Jan 9, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #887 of 1,293
Hi guys
Has anyone face a strange sound when play music with sample rate 48kHz which I found the music will play at slower speed than usual?
One more question how to combine music from micro ad with the music that come with the player, after scan for media I can't find it

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #889 of 1,293
So I got an AK70 in the mail and I'm eager to try out the balanced output.  Looking to connect it to my Hifimans with the dual 2.5mm imputs but for the life of me I only found one (who's price still gives me the shakes) and that won't happen.  Best I can find is a male 2.5mm TRRS plug to XLR male connected to a female XLR to dual 2.5mm TRS male.  Kinda wonky and I think it'll work and it's under $100 but I'd perfer a single cable that won't break the bank...any suggestions?

And no, I don't want to make my own.

Jan 14, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #890 of 1,293
Forza Audioworks makes AWESOME cables at affordable prices, and you can choose pretty much any connector you want. A Copper series MkII cable with balanced 2.5mm TRRS and Hifiman plugs will set you back around 100€ + shipping.

Unbeatable bang for buck

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #892 of 1,293
Do you guys find the AK70 veiled in the mids at all? One issue I'm having with my AK300 is its quite warm, very warm around the mid-range which makes it sound veiled, dull, strained around the mids. I had an AK JR arrive today with my AK300 expectations in mind, personally I prefer the AK JR, I know it sounds crazy but that dullness around the AK300 mids drives me a bit nuts and opposite my preferences. Thinking of selling it and getting an AK70 instead.

I do,I find Ak Jr more enjoyable and "punchier" , especially in the midds department. Needless to say that , sound wise I prefer Ak Jr over AK70.

Jan 17, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #893 of 1,293

I do,I find Ak Jr more enjoyable and "punchier" , especially in the midds department. Needless to say that , sound wise I prefer Ak Jr over AK70.

I know what you mean. After some time now beyond the effects of new toy syndrome I prefer AK JR over my AK300. This isn't saying AK300 is terrible though there are things I don't like about it, partiucally its price to performance ratio. AK JR seemed like a real try at price to performance  (even though it wasn't exactly cheap in the beginning).

AK300 on the other hand, sounds more like an excuse to make people upgrade to AK's higher models. A tease taste. I honestly use my AK JR more. Sorry to the fans, its how I feel...

Adding to this my AK300 volume wheel has a fault now and even can't be bothered sending it in for warrenty. I will eventually because its a dead weight of money I can make when I sell it after returning.

AK70 I've still not heard, but can when I return the AK300.

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #896 of 1,293
Japan gets all the good stuff!! Mirage White, True Blue and Twilight Rose limited editions now on Amazon.jp.

The white one is gorgeous 
eek.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #897 of 1,293
I almost ordered the misty mint from Japan yesterday. Luckily I waited for one more day. Must be fate.

Jan 20, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #898 of 1,293
I almost ordered the misty mint from Japan yesterday. Luckily I waited for one more day. Must be fate.

Yeah... I really want the white one, but they don't ship to Taipei :frowning2:

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #899 of 1,293
Yeah... I really want the white one, but they don't ship to Taipei :frowning2:

I'm using a forwarder service. e-earphone's having a winter campaign. Super worth IMO. Free original leather case and a Dignis Avec (AK70 + Mojo) case. 53000 yen for the misty mint and 60000 yen for the limited edition colors.

Jan 20, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #900 of 1,293
I'm using a forwarder service. e-earphone's having a winter campaign. Super worth IMO. Free original leather case and a Dignis Avec (AK70 + Mojo) case. 53000 yen for the misty mint and 60000 yen for the limited edition colors.

Check your PM :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back