New iRiver AK70
Jan 20, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #901 of 1,293
I'm using a forwarder service. e-earphone's having a winter campaign. Super worth IMO. Free original leather case and a Dignis Avec (AK70 + Mojo) case. 53000 yen for the misty mint and 60000 yen for the limited edition colors.

wow that's a great price! makes me regret buying all these separately a few months ago
frown.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #902 of 1,293
Just got back from the inauguration, great day.  Found my balanced headphone cables waiting for me, even better day.  FedEx came with my AK70 and hour ago...best day ever!  Already had a micro sd card waiting, and the device still had a 60% charge.  Started playing some Gregory Porter at 24/96 and I felt like shedding a tear.  Needless to say I'm very satisfied.

I want to get a case for it though I can't find one that covers the screen.  The one with the stand by Miter look interesting.

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #903 of 1,293
Hi everyone!

I'm starting to look for a new all in one player, to use in my work and to use in my house, I'm interested in the ability to drive heapdhones like the He400i planar magnetic with low impedance for full size headphone.

I have several in sight, but the AK70 is really good looking piece of hardware... I'm using a Fiio X1 right now and I'm not too happy with the sound, I'm just listening to my Macbook pro retina from 2013 and these are sounding quite great actually, not to refined, but pleasant sound... Do you think a player like the AK70 could sound actually better than a macbook pro? My guess is yes, but I wan't to be sure...

Any inputs between this and the AK300??

Thanks a lot! Hope someone could shed some light to my path :p

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #904 of 1,293
Hey everyone, I recently got an AK70 so I have a AKJR that needs a home. I also have the navy leather case for it (original USB cable included, as well the box for both player and case (box for case slightly dented). Its in perfect working order with no scratches or anything but there is a dead pixel. Selling cheap £160 + shipping, PM if your interested.

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #905 of 1,293
I'm thinking about buying the AK70. Coming from an iPod Touch Gen 6, would the AK70 be a upgrade? I'm not worried about streaming as all of my music will come from cd rips. How does AK70 handle wav files? Will it read artist, album and album art information unlike the iPod? What's the best right angle cable to use with the AK70 and Mojo? Thanks.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #907 of 1,293
I'm thinking about buying the AK70. Coming from an iPod Touch Gen 6, would the AK70 be a upgrade? I'm not worried about streaming as all of my music will come from cd rips. How does AK70 handle wav files? Will it read artist, album and album art information unlike the iPod? What's the best right angle cable to use with the AK70 and Mojo? Thanks.

Yeah, why on Earth would you want to spend so much on a DAP only to use it as a transport? Save yourself the cash, get the Shanling M1, connect it to the Mojo and call it a day

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #908 of 1,293
Yes, it's a consoderable upgrade; and yes, if you've tagged it properly.

But why splurge with AK70 if you only use it as transport? AK70 should be fine on its own.

Yeah, why on Earth would you want to spend so much on a DAP only to use it as a transport? Save yourself the cash, get the Shanling M1, connect it to the Mojo and call it a day

The mojo is to drive hd650.

What would be the proper way to tag the files?

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #909 of 1,293
By the way, I have sent my AK70 to Ryuzoh (twitter handle: @ryuzoh_dx0xb) to modify. This mod actually sounds different under any load I threw at it, which isn't the case with most mods. Brighter with deeper bass. I should get my AK70 back early February. I'll report on it there. I don't expect measurements on amateur suites like RMAA to be 'better' across the board, but I do expect a few to be significant. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #910 of 1,293
Yes, it's a consoderable upgrade; and yes, if you've tagged it properly.

But why splurge with AK70 if you only use it as transport? AK70 should be fine on its own.

Because different transports do affect the sound too.

It doesn't really change the sound signature but a better transport makes the sound more smooth with less harshness and grain.

I've tried on a few transports before and have shared my experience in the mojo thread.

I remember Alex (from AK) sharing on Facebook he met this Japanese guy who used a AK70 as a transport for an AK70. They did do internal testing and their sound engineers noted that it did change the sound.

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #912 of 1,293
Hmmm.. call me unbeliever.. that's new for me.

Can share the link to that research?

I can attest to measurable differences between transports. For instance, my iMac 2012 measures significantly worse at most metrics through the Mojo at exactly the same volumes through USB than my iPhone. I've never bothered to compare its sound back to back, though as Mojo, for me at least, is for portable use. 

Jan 24, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #913 of 1,293

I hereby welcome myself to the club! Love the sound this little guy puts out. Punchy, warm and natural. 
etysmile.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #915 of 1,293
  Thanks for the reply.

I am undecided between this dap & the Pioneer XDP-100R-K.

The EQ problem is what is putting me off some what 

@home44  not sure if it was solved in a recent update, but the EQ does work now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back