New iPod Touch 4G first impressions
Sep 30, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #106 of 265

Quote:
If anything, I did a light comparison when I was at the apple store... and the New ipods still can't keep up with my Samsung p3. which probably means it won't do much next to the cowon s9 either. Don't own the sonys so can't comment there...

What equipment did you use? But you can't really hold those too acvountable as you don't know the bitrate of the files.... unless you do know :/

I'm thinking about buying one actually...

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #107 of 265
rolleyes.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #108 of 265
Yes an instore demo using stock buds and unknown songs is always a good way measure performance.

This seems to be widely available now in Aus but I don't want to buy one unless I can buy a case for it on the same day. Wish they would lose the chrome backing, that scratches if you look at it the wrong way.

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #109 of 265

Quote:
Yes an instore demo using stock buds and unknown songs is always a good way measure performance.

This seems to be widely available now in Aus but I don't want to buy one unless I can buy a case for it on the same day. Wish they would lose the chrome backing, that scratches if you look at it the wrong way.

+1 I usually like cases by Speck Products for ipods but they don't have one yet for the new touch, so I will wait until they finally do.

Sep 30, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #110 of 265

Quote:
+1 I usually like cases by Speck Products for ipods but they don't have one yet for the new touch, so I will wait until they finally do.

Hmm. I think I'm going to go for a horizontal leather case; I like keeping my gadgets case free... and having two on my hips (one for the phone) will make it even better
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #112 of 265
You could always MAKE a case for your iPod/iPad. My wife made this badgirl, the Elephant flowergirl iPad case (ぞうのハナコ) for less than 8$. It took a bit of time and a trip to a great part of town, but it was certainly worthwhile. I'll be making something similar for my iPad and later iPod touch.

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #113 of 265

Quote:

My real big issue with iTunes is that you can't save how your iTunes library is setup... or at least I haven't figured out yet. Say I buy a new PC or Mac have to do a reinstall, the way iTunes is set up with your song ratings, play lists, etc is gone.

If you make a backup of your iTunes folder, you should be able to drop that in on the new system and copy over the defaults once iTunes is installed again. I keep my music in a separate folder (and drive actually) away from the iTunes folder. If Windows fails and I have to reinstall, if I copy my iTunes folder backup over the new iTunes folder, iTunes will be already pointing to the right files and I'll be good to go, and it's much less data to backup for iTunes (no music necessary). I do backup my music as well though, because just my luck, Windows will be fine but my songs will get deleted or something crazy.

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #114 of 265
Yep, all you have to do to move into another system is overwrite the new itunes directory with your old itunes one and that's it (Of course keeping the files themselves on the same harddisk that they were stored or in a new harddisk under the exact same name path).

Actually iTunes dir is just an inventory of what do you have and where do you have it.

Oct 3, 2010 at 3:07 AM Post #120 of 265
Definitely get the 32GB at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Back