New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi?
Nov 5, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #47 of 54

Quote:
triple fi. is the best iem in your list. (subjective)

There you go
smily_headphones1.gif
I'd take the DBA-02 and IE8 over the TF10 any day and a lot of other earphones as well :p

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #48 of 54

Quote:
triple fi. is the best iem in your list. (objective)

You've been recommending (different) earphones left and right the past couple of days. Do you actually have hands-on experience with all of these models? Otherwise I would encourage you to clearly state that you are basing your recommendations on research, conjecture, hearsay, or whatever else it may be. Please see this old thread for an explanation of why if it's not obvious.

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #49 of 54
And the fact that you say that it's so objective without backing it just warrants the objection. I'll say between these it's hard to be objective one may do better things than the other but that isn't without any other payoffs and vise-versa.

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #50 of 54
+1 for the RE-252 as well!

They're on loan to pianist right now but I should be getting them back by tomorrow. Two things that you need to be concerned with are the fit and the source that drive them. I use a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 which make them hiss worse than 10 snakes at times. I unfortunately have suffered quite a bit with the fit due to the 5.0mm nozzle size but boy, do they give you goosebumps when driven from a Sansa Clip, Clip+ or Fuze (with which the RE-252s have great synergy). They sound incredibly natural and flat, letting you actually hear the music and nothing else.

I haven't listened to the DBA-02 yet but judging from my current stint with pianist's q-JAYS, you will want to go with the DBA-02 if comfort AND SQ are your main concern (I'm currently using the small tips on the q-JAYS). I'll most likely be going this way as well as I have a hard time getting a proper fit with the RE-252 (pianist is in the same boat on the fit as well).

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #51 of 54
One with me too @ faheem !!!
love my 252's no doubts !!

But But But a slight improvement in low frequencies , would have made it my most favorable IEM .

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #52 of 54
Is it recommended to add a fiio e5 or e7 between FUZE and 252's ?? to make the low frequencies shine ??
Not for a louder output , but just for that missing sub bass ???

Nov 20, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #53 of 54
I don't know about the E7, but the E5 won't help much there.  Even out of my desktop rig, ZERO and 252 don't reach as far down as my Turbine Pro Copper and FX300.

Feb 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #54 of 54

Photofan1986 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

To OP: those are all good choices, but you have to know the differences between those phones: the Triple-fi have a punchy detailed, more fun than neutral, but not as much as the IE8 (the most bassy of the bunch, by quite a margin). The RE-252 are very neutral, yet extremely capable phones. But they're not much "fun" (well, that is a subjective notion, as I really like them and enjoy them, often even more than IE8, which tends to cover many things with its massive bass). I haven't heard the dba-02, but they seem to be quite close to the Triple's sound sig (correct me if I'm wrong, someone^^), but with a much better fit and they are cheaper, too.

Thanks for your effort! Now I got it, It's very detailed, It is just the solution for my problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back