New IEM. Re-252 or DBA-02 or IE 8 or Triple-fi?
Oct 19, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #31 of 54
RE-252 is great!

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #32 of 54
And oh, i also auditioned the RE-262! did not like the sound one bit!
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #33 of 54
Well if you want a extremely detailed IEM with slightly forward mids, great soundstage, and transparency, DBA's all the way.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #34 of 54
Those of you who went from the RE0 to the 252, what are the differences?

Oct 19, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #35 of 54
Quote:
Those of you who went from the RE0 to the 252, what are the differences?

In short, you'll lose a small portion of micro detail, but gain a more balance, do-nothing-wrong sound that still has plenty of detail.

Oct 20, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #36 of 54
Nicer, deeper soundstage as well.

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #40 of 54
@Bennyboy71-butcher?
???
if you mean the white colored plastic wire that i have wrapped over it then it is simply for marking clearly the right hand side phone!
and if you are reffering to the white specks then that is lint and as you know these are like a major lint magnet.
And as far as wearing them in this manner is concerned then dude, the ear canals are tilted at an upward angle and if you look carefully at the iems then you will notice that they will offer a better fit and better isolation when worn in this manner. And, to be honest, i found them quite comfortable like this and no microphonics!

Oct 20, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #41 of 54
Ah, sorry, I didn't know that was wire you were using to mark which side was which!  Looked like you'd scooped the electrical innards out of the silicone, like it had been gutted....

My apologies. Maybe I'll try wearing them your way too, but to be honest I dont have any issues with them as is.

Quote:
@Bennyboy71-butcher?
???
if you mean the white colored plastic wire that i have wrapped over it then it is simply for marking clearly the right hand side phone!
and if you are reffering to the white specks then that is lint and as you know these are like a major lint magnet.
And as far as wearing them in this manner is concerned then dude, the ear canals are tilted at an upward angle and if you look carefully at the iems then you will notice that they will offer a better fit and better isolation when worn in this manner. And, to be honest, i found them quite comfortable like this and no microphonics!

Oct 20, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #42 of 54
Just to let everyone who doesn't know, your sound PREFERENCE is extremely important in purchasing audio equipment.

Try your best to identify your favorite signature.

Hearing that the RE252 is a very detailed, but very neutral IEM reminds me of the AKG K701, which to some got boring because it felt "lifeless" too netural.
On the other hand the DBA-02 is also extremely detailed but with forward mids, so if you like guitars, vocals or anything else in the midrage check them out.
The UE's should have the most bass but just a little less detail than both.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #43 of 54
I strongly doubt RE-252 is like a miniature K701, though I'm speculating.

Oct 20, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #44 of 54
sarabjitlehal wrote:

Plan to do the same with my new iem's (straight out of the mozic or a sansa clip+, no amp ). Which one should  I go for out of these four-
Re-252
DBA-02
IE8
triple-fi's

I have the IE8's and have them, via a FiiO E-7, connected to a Sansa Clip and cannot recommend the IE8's, un-amped.

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #45 of 54
Aww ! So much love for the 252s. The are indeed incredible and sound amazing .Very natural sound IMO.  I miss my 252s , they are will esantosh now ! I guess I will buy a cheaper used pair from head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back