NEW Ibasso D42 Mamba!
Sep 15, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #62 of 104
Been using mine via USB
Might use battery to help answer your question but hopefully somebody else will come along and answer before I do

Sep 16, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #65 of 104
Thanks for the answers. How is everyone liking this? I'm really close to getting this but looking at one other one.

It's the iBasso house sound.  It's appealing if you're looking for a bright signature with excellent instrument separation and better than average sound stage.  If you don't like a sharper treble I'd look elsewhere.  I find it pairs well with certain C/IEMS and computer speakers and poorly with others.  It is a step up over my Fiio E17 but I just ordered an HRT Microstreamer which should (by the account of numerous reviews) give me a warmer sound that might be better with JH13s and my CT500 both of which can be analytical.

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #69 of 104
Im waiting for iBasso to build a balanced USB DAC/Amp all-in-one.
Basically something to rival The Intruder & The International but at iBasso prices.
The day that happens, Paul Graham will be a VERY happy Headphile!

The Specs I would love from an iBasso unit - 

Balanced IN & Out.
Single ended In & OUT.
USB DAC. 
Coaxial, Optical and USB inputs.
Gain settings.

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #70 of 104
Im waiting for iBasso to build a balanced USB DAC/Amp all-in-one.
Basically something to rival The Intruder & The International but at iBasso prices.
The day that happens, Paul Graham will be a VERY happy Headphile!

The Specs I would love from an iBasso unit - 

Balanced IN & Out.
Single ended In & OUT.
USB DAC. 
Coaxial, Optical and USB inputs.
Gain settings.

That sounds like a PB2 with a DAC. That should be easy for them.

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #73 of 104
I just bought the D42, can't wait to get it. There is a deal for the D42 on MP4nations website, just type "lastchance13" and get 10% off.I could not tell you which is better. What are you going to pair with it?

This would be my first DAC amp since I'm new into this world. Going to pair this device with Grado SR80i and brainwavz B2, I may upgrade to SR325i, MS2 or HD600 in near future. Source are FLAC files from my PC and android phone. Cant decide between the iBasso or the Schiit stack

Dec 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #74 of 104
This would be my first DAC amp since I'm new into this world. Going to pair this device with Grado SR80i and brainwavz B2, I may upgrade to SR325i, MS2 or HD600 in near future. Source are FLAC files from my PC and android phone. Cant decide between the iBasso or the Schiit stack

Just a thought: The D42 is a bright DAC/AMP and the SR80i and B2s are also bright... If you're a treble head you'll be very happy but if not this might not be the best possible choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back