New high end IEM from Shure! SE535!
Mar 17, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #61 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
300? where from?

I just figured if they discontinue the 530 and I need a replacement, they wouldnt really have anything to replace it with apart from 535 if they dont make the 530 anymore

give a call to j&r they should have them at 299 right now.
even if they discontinue the 530 that doesnt mean they can't replace them.
glueing the housing shell and drivers together is something even i can do.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #62 of 111
ah JR are in america, gunna be a pain getting it shipped to me + import etc etc

btw do you know if the newer 530s have better cables than the one that most people are complaining about?

Mar 17, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #64 of 111
No one knows how these ultimately sound. The 425 is suppoesedly been revoiced but the 535 not so much. That doesn't mean they couldn't have been breathed on and cables do sound different. It's not like it needs much and just a filter or xover part can be quite significant. The 530 is still a great phone. It gets a lot of grief here from folks that never owned it. Odd really. Of course like any phone some that have owned also didn't find it their favs but that's to be expected of any phone.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:38 AM Post #65 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnagali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well duh.. it's cuz the cable is replaceable now
tongue_smile.gif

Well, duh...the cable an internals of the IEM is the same so same sound. Only exception is replaceable versus permanent cable. This is a change in the contact points only and maybe the sheathing. But if you think that changes the sound (LOL!) run out and get a pair and tell us how great they are.

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #66 of 111
I might actually have a chance to give it a listen and compare it to my 2 years old SE530 when it hits the market, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Mar 17, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #67 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, duh...the cable an internals of the IEM is the same so same sound. Only exception is replaceable versus permanent cable. This is a change in the contact points only and maybe the sheathing. But if you think that changes the sound (LOL!) run out and get a pair and tell us how great they are.

it was mostly sarcasm, but i guess that doesn't carry too well on the internet sometimes, duh..
smily_headphones1.gif

inspired because I've read about too many people on HF saying how different cables make a difference on the sound of their IEMs/headphones.

when I first arrived here early on I believe I was humbled by someone posting $400 cables, immediately after I complained about possibly paying $40 for my Westone ES cables because of the problems I had with my TF10 cables. in hindsight, still no comment on (any?) sound change, but definitely worth their cost for their feel & workmanship over stock cables.
wink.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #68 of 111
Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying an SE530, and was wondering whether I should wait for the SE535 upgrade. I wrote to Shure and they said the SE535 will have "equivalent or higher craftsmanship", a "better balance of overall sound," and a "warmer bass than SE530".

It will be launched in May or June and will cost less than the SE530.

Full letter is attached below:

Dear (newzild),

Thank you for supporting Shure products.

SE530 is very a profound product which is widely accepted in the market. Compare with the SE530, SE535 will have equivalent or higher craftsmanship and technical standard. It has a better balance of overall sound and warmer bass than SE530.

According to our marketing team, the SE535 will be launched in between May and June this year. Since this is a mature technology, so the retail price will be slightly lower than SE530 even this is a new product with equivalent specification or better.

For more solid information, please contact your local Shure distributor Now Sound in New Zealand

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #72 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bet they meant cost less than original retail price for se530...

Yes, I think that's what they mean. But top-quality IEMs are getting cheaper all the time because of competition and cheaper R+D costs. The letter mentioned "maturing technology". This means that Shure is having to spend less on research and development for its new products, as they are mostly drawing on existing technology. Consequently, it cost them much less to develop the SE535 than it did to develop the original SE500. With the Westone 3 selling for US$320, Shure can't afford for its new product to be overpriced. I would expect to see the SE535 to be retailing for around US$280 within a few months of launch.

Expect to see SE530s heavily discounted from late April - maybe around US$250 - as retailers get rid of their old stock.

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #74 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by grahamnp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't even attempt a guess at how they will sound or cost but anybody else notice that they are kinda ugly? Not that it's important...

I completely disagree. I think they look great.

I'll admit that I used to think the UM2/UM3x were ugly till I got a pair. Now I think they're beautiful. I appreciate that they look that way because they've been designed for comfort and fit rather than just appearances.

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #75 of 111
I wish I could review these new IEM's.

My 530's are still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back