New high end IEM from Shure! SE535!
Jan 8, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #16 of 111
looks nice, but I do agree shure needs a new flagship.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #18 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyle_t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh, just a change of cables and design. SQ change or new flagship is what i'm more interested in. Besides, i'm not really fond of the new ear piece look, i always thought SE530's chrome metal looks classy.

I agree, the metal look is definitely better and less "cheap" looking IMO.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #19 of 111
the replaceable cable was a no brainer afer all the problems they had with the first few series they shipped out, as for the new armature retune, i think a wait and see aproch is the right thing, the SE530 had a great midrage, but rolled off the edges, if they managed to tune it well, i might be interested in a pair,

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #20 of 111
As much i would like to hear some change in sound between SE535 and SE530, i highly doubt there'll be a difference. Also, the new ear piece and replaceable cable action is likely because "we're sick of replacing new SE530s for people due to cable issues, too costly. Now with replaceable cables, all they can do is buy new cables. Less cost, more profit, wahahaha.".

Still waiting for a potential SE6XX or SE7XX.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #22 of 111
Too bad the cables are proprietary.
frown.gif

Also, I was hoping that they'll pull another plug off other IEM companies since they did that with the release of the first-ever triple-driver universal IEM. Adding a fourth BA would have caught others flat footed.

But I guess it would have been ludicrously expensive relative to the market they're trying to sell their product in.

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #23 of 111
Are the SCL4 and SE420 comparable products? I wonder if I could send in my defunct SCL4s and get the SE425s back? They're not covered by warranty so I would have to shell out a bit of cash, but I refuse to give Shure any money for a product that does not have replaceable cables, and even then I am hesitant.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:47 AM Post #24 of 111
Cant wait to get some reviews and comparisons. It took them long enough to get with the program of replaceable cables. Looks like they are just now about to even out with UE, and the other better universal IEM's. Does not look like they are trying to take lead tho, just follow.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #25 of 111
Great news Shure is working on new projects. I somewhat agree I would expecting something a more bigger step from the SE530, something more aimed to have good step up in sound and yes a quad drive would be fantastic, but such thing could always comes up later? Who knows. Maybe this enough to take another crown of the best universal iems.
For now, time for saving up...
evil_smiley.gif
(if you want)

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #28 of 111
Do you guys listen to or look at your earphones, sheesh!

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #30 of 111
kinds of dissapointing,they waited 4 years for just a replacable cable and a bad looking design!!they look very ugly in comparison to the se530.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back