New high end IEM from Shure! SE535!
Apr 8, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #106 of 111
It may be people's definition of soundstage. With UM3X, yes, the overall presentation of the sound is somewhat narrow and closed in, BUT, the instrument separation of each instrument in relation to one another is much farther away from each other than any other IEM I have ever heard. It's like "headstage" that is the size of a beachball. THAT can be perceived as a big soundstage.

Aug 21, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #110 of 111
No they don't offer a trade-in program. No if you send in yours to get fixed they're not going to give you 535s. It's not some fun trade in place where they give out IEMs; they're a company and they want money.

Jun 30, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #111 of 111

Can't believe how much better my SE535's sound over my modded HD555's and Bose QC2's. So much cleaner, punchier and more detailed. Instrument separation and general cleanliness is far greater. With my older SE530's there was always something missing, the SE535's are pretty much perfect (as far as my listening experiences go). Also, surprised at how good the iPhone 4's built in DAC/Amp is. Honestly does a great job as long as the source material is at least 320kbps. Anything less and I can hear the difference immediately. Clarity of high's is more fuzzy and general soundstage is more claustrophobic.

Ordered some new cables for the SE535, they should be here any day. Will be nice to try them out and compare to see if they add anything sonically. SE535's are still a little dark in audio note but with fairly lively mids. If the sound was ever so slightly more v shaped in frequencies it might sound even better, but hard to tell. V shaped EQ's you lose some of the vibrancy of sound in place of crispness and a more distant vocal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back