New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 22, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #2,551 of 2,616
Hard to find information on this google is pretty tight lipped about it. But I did find this on Wikipedia and from this 5.1 is no longer supported.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

The player might sound good but I’m so disheartened since receiving this since backing it on kickstarter with lack of software updates, poor communication, broken kick starter promises and when they do a software update it’s buggy and hidizs expects its customers to be there testers. They take your money and use it to fund other projects and leave the previous project in the dust. I personally will never purchase another hidizs product again.

Dec 22, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2,553 of 2,616
Hard to find information on this google is pretty tight lipped about it. But I did find this on Wikipedia and from this 5.1 is no longer supported.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

The player might sound good but I’m so disheartened since receiving this since backing it on kickstarter with lack of software updates, poor communication, broken kick starter promises and when they do a software update it’s buggy and hidizs expects its customers to be there testers. They take your money and use it to fund other projects and leave the previous project in the dust. I personally will never purchase another hidizs product again.

Name the company which wouldn't you use as a betatester. Even the hyped Apple would do the same. Anyway, I am not so negative about Hidizs cause the only thing that matters in DAP it is the sound quality which it very good in AP200.

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #2,554 of 2,616
Regarding "Google Play Services has stopped" :

Problem is that the latest Tidal App in the Play Store requires the new Google Play Services to start.

I wanted to update Tidal so I also updated Google Play Services and then ran into the Google Play Services has stopped .

I updated Tidal but then had issues with Tidal not starting correctly and getting the Play Services error message every few seconds.

What helped me was going to settings, apps, display system processes, selecting Google play services and clicking on the button to go back to the factory version of Google Play Services. I then rebooted the AP200.

Tidal, after it was installed, seems to then still work even with the old factory version of Google Play Services installed

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #2,555 of 2,616

Problem is that the latest Tidal App in the Play Store requires the new Google Play Services to start.

I wanted to update Tidal so I also updated Google Play Services and then ran into the Google Play Services has stopped .

I updated Tidal but then had issues with Tidal not starting correctly and getting the Play Services error message every few seconds.

What helped me was going to settings, apps, display system processes, selecting Google play services and clicking on the button to go back to the factory version of Google Play Services. I then rebooted the AP200.

Tidal, after it was installed, seems to then still work even with the old factory version of Google Play Services installed

Great hint. Thank you. I would try the same

Jan 12, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #2,556 of 2,616

Hi, where is the option to roll back to factory version of Google Services? I don't see this under the Google Play Services options?

Actually - I'm guessing this is the 'Uninstall updates' button? This is greyed out on Google Play Services, but I can select it under Google Play Store - was it just Services you did this on, or the Play Store option as well?

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #2,558 of 2,616
Question for @Hidizs Hk : is there any way to disable the whitelist, or will this be an option in a soon to come firmware ?
I found a bit pointless to release an Android device and then block the possibility to install applications.
Can you please at least set this an option ? Thanks

Jan 15, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #2,559 of 2,616
Jan 15, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #2,560 of 2,616
Jan 15, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #2,561 of 2,616
Thanks. For me it is exactly the opposite :).
It worked always until the last firmware update and stopped with the latest 1.0 firmware.
Might try to reinstall the firmware.

That is weird because I was always unhappy that it did not work before.

Feb 3, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #2,563 of 2,616
Have you tried another USB C cable?

Or you can try to restart following the firmware update instruction:

"plug in the TF card when the player is off.
press the volume "-" button.
press the power button to turn on the player.
enter the recovery of update selection interface."

Feb 3, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #2,564 of 2,616
Have you tried another USB C cable?

The cable that came with my AP200 never worked. Others do.

The cable that came with my Cayin N3 worked for charging but never to connect to the PC. Eventually charging did not even work with it.'

There are definitely differences in quality with different USB C cables... especially for data transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back