New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jan 24, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #2,011 of 2,616
Hello all,

I was in Beijing last week and got an ap200 from a local dealer. I just started using it yesterday and I am enjoying it; however, I have some questions (firmware 0.2.2 - latest I believe):

1) I am able to use it as an external dac: Laptop (foobar and TUSB audio driver) > usb type-c > ap200 > 2.5mm to 2.5mm stereo cable > O2 amp > beyer dt880

What should be the settings in foobar (I installed DSDIFF Decoder, Super Audio CD Decoder, ASIO2 and WASAP2 components and the working one is the "ASIO2: TUSBAudio Driver" in the output tab)? I attached a photo, should I select DSD + PCM? How about the bit rate? I played it little bit, some settings didn't play well and I found the best as attached.

2) In tidal desktop application, for Master files I select AP200 and in the settings "use exclusive mode" and "passthrough MQA" however I can only get 24 bits / 48 KHz - are there additional settings or tidal is streaming 24/48 only?

3) Is there anything that can be done to increase the wi-fi connectivity range? Drop outs are bad!

I am still in the infant stage and thanks for your help.
Best.
ap200_01a.jpg ap200_02.jpg ap200_03.jpg ap200_04.jpg

Attachments

• ap200_02.jpg
    ap200_02.jpg
    938.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #2,012 of 2,616
Hi Ooztuncer

Thank you for your email.
1. I am not really use footbar2000 very well. So i can' suggest that what the best setting on Footbar2000.
But AP200 of DSD supported PCM/DOP/Native.
Could you listen the music normally from AP200 when you use footbar2000?
2.You could check the picture i attached how to change the SRC.
3.The Wifi of effective distance is about 6 meters around open space.

Hope can solve your problem.
Any questions,Pls let me know.

Thanks

From Hidizs

upload_2018-1-24_18-2-38.png
upload_2018-1-24_18-2-38.png

Jan 24, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #2,013 of 2,616
We all backers really hope you do. Firmware 2.2 beta is already old. How could you sell this device with pictures of it connected (USB out) to Mojo, and never deliver a working firmware to use it this way ? How would you feel as a customer ?
Thanks for the good news, I hope you cure those failures of an otherwise fine device.

Hi Oliwek2

We have collected all the response and problem from comsumers.
We will optimized the firmware to create a better experience for you.

Sorry keep you waitting!

Thanks

From Hidizs

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #2,014 of 2,616
FYI:

I found this site to be the answer of my questions for foobar: https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.co...-part-3-new-experimental-sacd-plugin-v-0-9-x/

I am now getting 24bit 352.8KHz (as displayed on AP200's screen) from foobar while playing DSD128 files. I am also attaching my settings as a photo.

In Tidal, I am still getting 24/44.1 or 24/48 from Master tracks, not sure whether it is possible to get a higher bandwidth...

@kenloveme
There are two issues for high-res audio from foobar which I can replicate time to time:

1) Sometimes when I started the playback it has static voice all over; I need to re-start the track to get a clean sound.

2) This I am not sure whether related to AP200, drivers or settings; but same track's DSD128 file (24bit/352.8KHz) is much quieter and missing that dynamic impact compared to 24bit/192KHz PCM version. It is drastically different.

I wanted to report it to you.

ap200_05.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #2,015 of 2,616
Hi Oliwek2

We have collected all the response and problem from comsumers.
We will optimized the firmware to create a better experience for you.

Sorry keep you waitting!

Thanks

From Hidizs

Thank you. Wonderfull . So you noticed that many people didn't recieve the SD card that was promised to them as early backers ?

Still waiting for a single reply to several messages (Kickstarter comments + emails) I sent about this. Or better, the SD card in my mail.

Thanks to give us hope that Hidizs will listen to its user community.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #2,016 of 2,616
FYI:

2) This I am not sure whether related to AP200, drivers or settings; but same track's DSD128 file (24bit/352.8KHz) is much quieter and missing that dynamic impact compared to 24bit/192KHz PCM version. It is drastically different.

This is quite normal. I get it in all my software and with different dacs. DSD is just mastered differently, mostly with much lower volume.

Jan 25, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #2,017 of 2,616
This is quite normal. I get it in all my software and with different dacs. DSD is just mastered differently, mostly with much lower volume.

That moment when DSD becomes less enjoyable than Redbook flac simply because it is too quiet.

I have a thing for loud and explosive music, so I still don't have any album in DSD. Seems that this was for the better :darthsmile:

BTW, HIDIZS AP200 is a beautiful player!

I took a few photos of it next to Dunu Falcon-C IEMs, and it is beautiful!

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #2,019 of 2,616
output impedance is too high.
there is a deficiency in the lower frequencies: the middle frequencies are also insufficient.
this is a complete disappointment.

Output impedance is a bit high indeed, though mids are not quite insufficient, but quite linear, bass is asctually good, warmish type. What IEM / headphone are you using?

What are you comparing it with?

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #2,020 of 2,616
Output impedance is a bit high indeed, though mids are not quite insufficient, but quite linear, bass is asctually good, warmish type. What IEM / headphone are you using?

What are you comparing it with?

Thank you for your kind reply.

I tried these:

iems: astell kern azla 01R-Aaw Nebula One-Er4pt and S- Ultimate Ears ue900s-Oriolus Forsteni-Shozy Hibiki.

headphones: sony sa3000 and Philips shp9500.

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #2,022 of 2,616
Thank you for your kind reply.

I tried these:

iems: astell kern azla 01R-Aaw Nebula One-Er4pt and S- Ultimate Ears ue900s-Oriolus Forsteni-Shozy Hibiki.

headphones: sony sa3000 and Philips shp9500.

Interestring.

I have been using it with a few IEMS, from Beyer Xelento, to Dunu Falcon-C, to ie800 to RE2000.

AP200 is not lacking in the bass to my ears, it goes down low and has good impact, and the midrange should not be lacking with any IEM. In fact, it is a thicker sounding DAP to my ears, so it should have good fullness of music. Is yours properly charged? Do you have any EQ turned on?

If the issue persists, you should contact HIDIZS and get a replacement, as AP200 is not bad at all, even in its price area.

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #2,023 of 2,616
FYI:

I found this site to be the answer of my questions for foobar: https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.co...-part-3-new-experimental-sacd-plugin-v-0-9-x/

I am now getting 24bit 352.8KHz (as displayed on AP200's screen) from foobar while playing DSD128 files. I am also attaching my settings as a photo.

In Tidal, I am still getting 24/44.1 or 24/48 from Master tracks, not sure whether it is possible to get a higher bandwidth...

@kenloveme
There are two issues for high-res audio from foobar which I can replicate time to time:

1) Sometimes when I started the playback it has static voice all over; I need to re-start the track to get a clean sound.

I wanted to report it to you.

Hi Ooztuncer

Oh, Thank you for your valueable opinion,
I have passed your picture to our engineer to check it.

Thank you for your support!

From Hidizs

Jan 25, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #2,024 of 2,616
Thank you. Wonderfull . So you noticed that many people didn't recieve the SD card that was promised to them as early backers ?

Still waiting for a single reply to several messages (Kickstarter comments + emails) I sent about this. Or better, the SD card in my mail.

Thanks to give us hope that Hidizs will listen to its user community.

Hi Oliwek2

Pls send us the email with your backer ID.
We will check it if the SD card was missing.

Sorry bring you some trouble.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back