New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Jan 31, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #2,043 of 2,616
Love my Hidizs AP200! Sounds quality is great and the battery lasts a long time. It has Bluetooth and the wirewire sound quality is still very good.
Photo 1.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #2,044 of 2,616
Have been using my AP200 32GB with my Sony & Onkyo hires headphones for few weeks now playing flac & DSD audio files. Like the sound clarity and details. Enjoying it everyday.

Hope the future firmware updates will be improved further for a more satisfying experience.

KS no.449
Choice:
two pcs of tempered glass screen protector for AP200.

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #2,045 of 2,616
Have been using my AP200 32GB with my Sony & Onkyo hires headphones for few weeks now playing flac & DSD audio files. Like the sound clarity and details. Enjoying it everyday.

Hope the future firmware updates will be improved further for a more satisfying experience.

KS no.449
Choice:
two pcs of tempered glass screen protector for AP200.

Good choice. I wish the Hidizs sending me the tempered glass too. Ty

Jan 31, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #2,046 of 2,616
I use Ap200 with klipsch X11 IEM everyday. The high gain model is easy to drive a 50ohm x11. Love it.

I am waiting for the firmware update for hiby link. Then I can use my smartphone to control player.

KS no.675
Choice:
two pcs of tempered glass screen protector for AP200

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #2,047 of 2,616
I use Ap200 with klipsch X11 IEM everyday. The high gain model is easy to drive a 50ohm x11. Love it.

I am waiting for the firmware update for hiby link. Then I can use my smartphone to control player.

KS no.675
Choice:
two pcs of tempered glass screen protector for AP200

edit...

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #2,054 of 2,616
Well, then "velyke dyakuju" (I'm Ukrainian) anyway, thank you so much! :)
Saw some cyrillic letters and the link to Hi-News.ru, that's why I thought :) Anyway thanks for taking time for doing this, especially for the comparison at the end.
I would be very interested to hear a bit more about the comparison between the FiiO X5iii and the AP200. Everywhere I read that the X5iii has rolled off and relaxed treble, but you state that it has more treble extension than the AP200. Is the the treble presence of AP200 noticeable weaker than X5iii?

Feb 1, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #2,055 of 2,616
Saw some cyrillic letters and the link to Hi-News.ru, that's why I thought :) Anyway thanks for taking time for doing this, especially for the comparison at the end.
I would be very interested to hear a bit more about the comparison between the FiiO X5iii and the AP200. Everywhere I read that the X5iii has rolled off and relaxed treble, but you state that it has more treble extension than the AP200. Is the the treble presence of AP200 noticeable weaker than X5iii?

I'm thinking about making a detailed comparison review between all mid-tiers Android DAP I have (just need to wait for OPUS#1s)

As for treble in AP200 and FiiO's X5-3, actually they not so weaker, it's just a different approach: AP200 has a bit recessed in quantity, but with good attacks and decays and layering, but with treble-added IEMs you can get pretty decent treble
FiiO's X5-3 treble is a bit smoothed, especially in attacks, so it's better if you like relaxed signature or don't want harsh sound, X5-3 can be handy too. So, anyway, it's a matter of personal preferences.
Actually I prefer Cayin N5-2 out of this three, but many other thinks that it's boring.

Almost all DAPs have some good points, for example AP200 really surprised me by the power of subbas with Falcon-C (listening to Juno Reactor was really interesting experience :) ) So, all choices are really subjective

Users who are viewing this thread

Back