New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Feb 1, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #2,057 of 2,616
Mine don't work..
How to enable it?
Thank you.
Does the link work by uploading to SD card then installing into the AP200 or it directly works when clicking “check software update” in the unit?

Sorry guys, I thought I had it working on the AP200, but it was the AP60 II that works flawlessly with Hiby link...

Feb 1, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #2,058 of 2,616
I'm thinking about making a detailed comparison review between all mid-tiers Android DAP I have (just need to wait for OPUS#1s)

As for treble in AP200 and FiiO's X5-3, actually they not so weaker, it's just a different approach: AP200 has a bit recessed in quantity, but with good attacks and decays and layering, but with treble-added IEMs you can get pretty decent treble
FiiO's X5-3 treble is a bit smoothed, especially in attacks, so it's better if you like relaxed signature or don't want harsh sound, X5-3 can be handy too. So, anyway, it's a matter of personal preferences.
Actually I prefer Cayin N5-2 out of this three, but many other thinks that it's boring.

Almost all DAPs have some good points, for example AP200 really surprised me by the power of subbas with Falcon-C (listening to Juno Reactor was really interesting experience :) ) So, all choices are really subjective

I think that #1S is probably going to blow your mind sound-wise. AP200, X5-3 and N5ii all have much better features, with wifi and souch, but sound alone, I really really am enjoying #1s right now. AP200 is still a great DAP when it comes to its features and abilities, same for X5-3 and N5ii, all of them are super potent DAPs with a wide array of usage scenarios, but I really am looking forward to your impressions on #1S's sound.

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #2,060 of 2,616
Yes, I couldn't get Hiby Link to work with AP200 either. Maybe they will release a firmware update that will enable this though!
Hi Dobrescu George

Yes, We will keep it inform that when we update the Hiby Link,
Sorry keep you waitting.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Feb 2, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #2,061 of 2,616
My AP200 came with a slight chip in the upper left hand corner. Not a big issue and it is a sample so that could be why it passed QC as it's not going to a customer.

But I've had it in its plastic case since day 1, and I took it out today and noticed a crack in the bottom :frowning2:

Oh well, it's only cosmetic.

IMG_20180202_141046.jpg IMG_20180202_141102.jpg

Feb 2, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #2,062 of 2,616
Hi all,

I've received my stainless 64Gb today, however I don't need it anymore. If anybody is interested in buying it sealed in the box, please PM me otherwise I'll put it up for sale soon.

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #2,064 of 2,616
My AP200 came with a slight chip in the upper left hand corner. Not a big issue and it is a sample so that could be why it passed QC as it's not going to a customer.

But I've had it in its plastic case since day 1, and I took it out today and noticed a crack in the bottom :frowning2:

Oh well, it's only cosmetic.

Hi Ostewart

Because the back panel is class,So it is easy to broke, Pls email us your backer ID to our mailbox, Service@hidizs.com.We will help you to solive it.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #2,065 of 2,616
Backer 577
Reviewed here.
wish to opt for the iem
just to share.
ordered via KS, the 128GB CF model.
received 3rd week of Nov, sound was awesome and able to direct drive the ath w1000x . however the sad thing, it totall black out. unsure why, 1 week later had it sent back to china for repair, contacted hidizs via QQ and was told today, a cable connecting the touchscreen had came lossen. they willntest it further and send back next week. awaiting.

Feb 4, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #2,066 of 2,616
Hidizs team,
Why not offer the tempered glass to the backer at a discounted rate as a good gesture for the delay? Or post the link for people to buy?

The Sonata looks good stack on AP200, unfortunately the look is spoilt by the long usb cable sticking out like a sore thumb. Are you offering a shorter or angled cable ? is the volume control via player or amp?

Feb 4, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #2,067 of 2,616
Hidizs team,
Why not offer the tempered glass to the backer at a discounted rate as a good gesture for the delay? Or post the link for people to buy?

The Sonata looks good stack on AP200, unfortunately the look is spoilt by the long usb cable sticking out like a sore thumb. Are you offering a shorter or angled cable ? is the volume control via player or amp?
Hi And6244

Thank you for your valueable advise.
Yes, We could give our consumers a discount for the back panel glass, But we discourage consumers to replace by themself,maybe you will break something on the mainboard or other else.
And it is hard to give them warranty for someone dismantle the player.

The Type-C cable is standard and universal use,

Volume could be control from Player or AMP.

Thanks

From Hidizs

Feb 5, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #2,068 of 2,616
Starting to appreciate AP200 more and more. After collecting dust for the last two and half months, decided to give it another chance.
I did yesterday an extensive listening AB-ing between FiiO X5ii and AP200 and was surprised that during the listening tests started to strongly favor AP200. I don't use IEMs, hate sticking anything in my ears, so all the HPs were bigger. Due to the AP200's highish output impedance, it is important to use HPs with at least 32 Ohm impedance or higher. I've used some with 40 to 60 Ohms.

At first listening, FiiO X5ii produces bigger and wider soundstage, much bigger I would say. Also it is more warmish due to the Burr Brown (TI PCM) chip vs. Sabre in the AP200. But after a while, I've started appreciating more AP200'S outstanding clarity, more layering and more vibrant sound. What at the beginning sounded like a congested and narrow soundstage on the AP200, after longer listening came out as a focused and more precise imaging sound. The reverberation was more real than with the X5ii, middle voices were much clearer layered, and most important, the sub-bass went much deeper. This was very obvious when listening to Britten's Simple Symphony with a pizzicato (plucking strings) second movement where you could exactly follow the line of the double basses with the AP200 down to the lowest tones, with a real sub-bass rumble, where X5ii started to sound wooly and muddy.

Although X5ii sounds on the first listen warmer than AP200, it still sounds more digital or more artificial. After a few minutes of listening, it was easier to loose yourself and tap the foot with the AP200 than with the FiiO, where there was always some artificial aftertaste. Coming back to the FiiO after longer listening the AP200, everything seemed to sound blurry. After that I did some comparison with the xDuoo X3, which sounded thin and clinical compared to the AP200.
Listening to the music with a big dynamic range, AP200 didn't loose the substance when the music went down to very soft, while the FiiO and the xDuoo's X3 started to loose the color and sounded fragile at the low levels. I suppose this is thanks to the 32 bits digital volume control vs. 24 bits as found in FiiO and xDuoo. Lowering digital volume is causing reducing the bit depth, which leads to the signal truncation at low levels. With the 32 bits digital volume, there is more playground to save the resolution.

The main reason I bought the AP200 was to use it as a transport with a Mojo, listening mainly to Tidal. Still waiting the possibility to store Tidal's offline files to the sd card. This is, as much as I understand, solely in the hands of the Tidal app developers. The more important functions still waiting to be released are the dac-out and the line-out functions. These are however in the hands of the Hidizs' techs. Once this will be fixed, the AP200 could be a real winner.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #2,069 of 2,616
Hi And6244

Thank you for your valueable advise.
Yes, We could give our consumers a discount for the back panel glass, But we discourage consumers to replace by themself,maybe you will break something on the mainboard or other else.
And it is hard to give them warranty for someone dismantle the player.

The Type-C cable is standard and universal use,

Volume could be control from Player or AMP.

Thanks

From Hidizs

I am actually refering to the front temper glass that you are givng out in exchange of review. I would like to get one but don't feel like writing review.

I know it's type c. I am referring to the cable that you are offering. The length and the shape spoilt the nice form factor of the amp.

Good to know the volume control on ap200 can be bypass.

Feb 10, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #2,070 of 2,616
Hidisz, hows the firmware update coming? We really, really need that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back