New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 24, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #1,891 of 2,616
Have you tried Erasing NAND?

Erase Nand then do Factory reset. Make sure MSDCard is unmounted.

Then try to paste the 0.2.2 update.img again to your root internal storage folder.

Hope it helps

20171225_113106.jpg

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #1,892 of 2,616
Just giving you options to help you out. Since you mentioned that your current firmware is still showing 0.2.1 not the 0.2.2. Meaning there is something wrong on how you are installing the 0.2.2 firmware update.

i'm a newbie here so just trying to help you out.

Na, was just seeing if I had missed anything new, not being jerk, sorry if it sounded that way. - Been using Android for a very long time, I’ve never had an issue doing this, using my above procedure. Cheers.

Dec 25, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #1,893 of 2,616
Have you tried Erasing NAND?

Erase Nand then do Factory reset. Make sure MSDCard is unmounted.

Then try to paste the 0.2.2 update.img again to your root internal storage folder.

Hope it helps

Will give that a go... but from recovery, it pretty much does the same thing doesn’t it, especially being done from pre OS.

Dec 25, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #1,897 of 2,616
Dec 26, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #1,898 of 2,616
1. After installing 0.2.2Beta, Hiby player randomly misses covers (album arts) in the Album view. It's not they aren't there, every time different covers will be shown black.
2. Also upon opening the album, one single track would be shown without a cover.
3. Once the songs start playing, it will show completely different album art, mostly from the last played album.
4. After skipping forward and then going back, the right album art would be shown.
The numbers relate to the pictures.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #1,899 of 2,616
IMG_6711.JPG
IMG_6712.JPG
1. After installing 0.2.2Beta, Hiby player randomly misses covers (album arts) in the Album view. It's not they aren't there, every time different covers will be shown black.
2. Also upon opening the album, one single track would be shown without a cover.
3. Once the songs start playing, it will show completely different album art, mostly from the last played album.
4. After skipping forward and then going back, the right album art would be shown.
The numbers relate to the pictures.

Suggestion:
Perhaps a full rescan may help after each update.

Dec 26, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #1,901 of 2,616
I haven't fully tested the new update but I have been blindly playing it from time to time. Seems the power management is a lot better now. When I play for around 6 hours and leave it on paise (disconnected earphones) it used to last for a day. Now its lasting over that (1 day 18 hours, with around 6 hours of playing) and from 100 to 57% now. Not bad.

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #1,902 of 2,616
Dec 26, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #1,903 of 2,616
These are currently my main outstanding issues with the AP200 firmware. I’m sure there is more, but these are the main ones that always come to mind.

- The music application still occasionally crashes and restarts itself.

- Music, only very occasionally will glitch a bit then continue as normal.

- If I’m playing a particular artist from one of their albums and then go back and change to another one of their albums (same artist), it will show the newly selected album, artwork etc... but the music it plays is from the previous album I was just listening too.

- If Wi-Fi is turned on, I can hear digital noise coming through the headphones.

- No line out.

- Hidizs Music (HibyMusic) still missing features from the PlayStore version, including, but not limited too.

• HibyLink
• Show Lyrics (On/Off)
• Resume play from last position
• ReplayGain

EDIT: also; USB out sounds crappy, keyboard and/ or screen calibration is a little off.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,904 of 2,616
These are currently my main outstanding issues with the AP200 firmware. I’m sure there is more, but these are the main ones that always come to mind.

- The music application still occasionally crashes and restarts itself.

- Music, only very occasionally will glitch a bit then continue as normal.

- If I’m playing a particular artist from one of their albums and then go back and change to another one of their albums (same artist), it will show the newly selected album, artwork etc... but the music it plays is from the previous album I was just listening too.

- If Wi-Fi is turned on, I can hear digital noise coming through the headphones.

- No line out.

- Hidizs Music (HibyMusic) still missing features from the PlayStore version, including, but not limited too.

• HibyLink
• Show Lyrics (On/Off)
• Resume play from last position
• ReplayGain

EDIT: also; USB out sounds crappy, keyboard and/ or screen calibration is a little off.
Hi
Appreciate your AP200 issues highlights. However if we ever want Hidzs to improve on this, do sent them your feedback to:-
service@hidizs.com

I have send them email before and they have acknowledged.
Fyi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back