New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 6, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,636 of 2,616
Could you please send the steps you followed to move songs to SD and how shortcut was implemented?
Thanks
I have to apologize for the wrong assumption I had until now, that I have managed to download Tidal offline files to the external SD card :triportsad:
As you can see in the photos, those were the steps I've used. But....
Under the Settings - Storage - there are 3 different units: Internal Storage, NANO FLASH and the SD Card. Although the app settings in the Tidal APP says "move to SD Card", it was actually moving it to the NANO FLASH which is part of the AP200 internal memory. I was living in happy illusion that the files were going to the SD card, because it says so and were shown as being on SD card, but they weren't. Big apologize for that.
And now back to complaining to Hidizs about one of the major issues missing.

Tidal 4.jpg
Tidal 5.jpg

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,639 of 2,616
What iem are you using? My most sensitive iem is my andro and i don't notice it.

I'm using JVC FX850. I can notice the noise on other headphones and earbuds such as the apple ones as well, just not as noticeable as with an IEM. The sound randomly switches between high pitch beeps and scratching sounds. It's not noticeable when music is playing normally, but during song transitions or when it's a quiet part of a song, I can hear it. If I pause/turn off the music player, the noise is there for a bit until what appears to be the power on the audio out turning off.

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #1,640 of 2,616
I can't seem to make my AP200 show up in device management. I can copy files to and from it without any problems, but when I want to install the xmos driver from Hidizs' own website, the installer just prompts me "Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on"
I tried rebooting it and reconnecting it.

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #1,641 of 2,616
I can't seem to make my AP200 show up in device management. I can copy files to and from it without any problems, but when I want to install the xmos driver from Hidizs' own website, the installer just prompts me "Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on"
I tried rebooting it and reconnecting it.

Oh, people... I am getting tired to write the same things again and again:

In order to get it working:
Make sure that you have the latest AP200 FW. Developer options are on and USB debugging is on
Go to Android or Pure music mode (no matter which one)
Bring down notification and setting bar and tap on "Internal Storage" icon to change it to "DAC in"
Connect USB cable to AP200 and your PC
Run setup.exe from "USB_AUDIO20_Windows_Driver_AP200" folder. Setup would find connected AP200 and install the necessary drivers (TUSBaudio). Press "install anyway" when Windows would bark at unsigned drivers
You would be able to see AP200 audio device in all software that lets you choose audio interface or in Windows audio devices as AP200 speakers
There is also TUSBaudio control panel would be available for you - you can change latency, buffer size, etc

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #1,642 of 2,616
Oh, people... I am getting tired to write the same things again and again:

In order to get it working:
Make sure that you have the latest AP200 FW. Developer options are on and USB debugging is on
Go to Android or Pure music mode (no matter which one)
Bring down notification and setting bar and tap on "Internal Storage" icon to change it to "DAC in"
Connect USB cable to AP200 and your PC
Run setup.exe from "USB_AUDIO20_Windows_Driver_AP200" folder. Setup would find connected AP200 and install the necessary drivers (TUSBaudio). Press "install anyway" when Windows would bark at unsigned drivers
You would be able to see AP200 audio device in all software that lets you choose audio interface or in Windows audio devices as AP200 speakers
There is also TUSBaudio control panel would be available for you - you can change latency, buffer size, etc
You can simply refer people to the previous post with these instructions, spend only 5 seconds and provide with same great value

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #1,644 of 2,616
I have to apologize for the wrong assumption I had until now, that I have managed to download Tidal offline files to the external SD card :triportsad:
As you can see in the photos, those were the steps I've used. But....
Under the Settings - Storage - there are 3 different units: Internal Storage, NANO FLASH and the SD Card. Although the app settings in the Tidal APP says "move to SD Card", it was actually moving it to the NANO FLASH which is part of the AP200 internal memory. I was living in happy illusion that the files were going to the SD card, because it says so and were shown as being on SD card, but they weren't. Big apologize for that.
And now back to complaining to Hidizs about one of the major issues missing.

Thanks a lot, this makes me feel better as I thought my unit was defective.
So 2 key issues remain alive, no offline storage to mSD for third party files and no connectivity with Mojo.

And Hidizs not answering my mails and these posts.

I will be finishing selling this device if next firmware update doesn't fix at least Tidal Offline

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #1,645 of 2,616
@Hawaiibadboy from the update instructions contained in the zip file.

AP200 firmware update instruction

1. Please make sure your battery level is above 50% before firmware update

2. Connect AP200 to PC, open USB storage, copy “update.img” file to internal or TF card, switch off the USB, AP200 screen will ask firmware update, click install and make the update.

3. When finishing the update, please make sure to delete the update.img file.

(If not, the system will keep asking to update the firmware.)
Thanks for the guide but do u have like a google drive with that file? i seen the post but cant find the post. still cant connect my AP200 to my computer~ and no reply @Hidizs

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #1,647 of 2,616
Dec 6, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #1,650 of 2,616
How did you get to the recovery menu?
Not very sure all i did was clicking on the install and this happen

If this is trying to update firmware, you might try moving the update.img file to internal memory ? Saw that worked for someone when from microSD it did not.

If something else, please explain what you were trying to do.

okay doing it now how do i start the installation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back