New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 2, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #1,546 of 2,616
Using it with Hiby in pure music doesn't make it hot..., my USB works for file transfer, charging and extrenal DAC (PC)

Wifi slow connection is unevitable because AP200 has unibody case with lots of signal shielding... I don't know what was Hawaiiboy talking many times about when saying that his AP200 is working very good with Youtube and other streaming services but as far as I understand most are experiencing slower connection speeds or even signal drops. It would be interesting to observe how different type of case materials in Ap200 influence wifi reception strength...

Youtube is unusable for me, though I have 50 mbps @ home

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #1,547 of 2,616
I don't follow this. From what you've provided, it left Hong Kong on the 17th and arrived in New York on the 21st. It's unfortunate it's held up at customs, I've never had that happen, but that is not DHL's fault. I've had nothing but good service from them.

Are you saying DHL previously provided different information? I've never experienced that either but have heard of it, from just about all carriers. That would be frustrating.

I'm blaming DHL for having misleading tracking information. When I check the tracking website with the tracking number provided it only tells me that it left New York on the way to the distribution center on the 17th, which isn't accurate according to the tracking information Hidizs has, which shows it wasn't even in the US by the 17th.

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #1,548 of 2,616
Ok, I understand. Yeah DHL messed up the original tracking and then likely corrected the mistake before Hidizs looked into it. I've never had it happen but have heard lots of stories with multiple carriers. The customs thing stinks, just bad luck. I've ordered dozens of things from Asia and have avoided it every time, just luck.

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #1,549 of 2,616
Ok, I understand. Yeah DHL messed up the original tracking and then likely corrected the mistake before Hidizs looked into it. I've never had it happen but have heard lots of stories with multiple carriers. The customs thing stinks, just bad luck. I've ordered dozens of things from Asia and have avoided it every time, just luck.

I don't mind that it's in customs, I'm just annoyed I've been given the impression for the last couple weeks that it was on the way to my house, and then worried it got lost somewhere when it never showed.

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #1,550 of 2,616
I don't mind that it's in customs, I'm just annoyed I've been given the impression for the last couple weeks that it was on the way to my house, and then worried it got lost somewhere when it never showed.

Understandable. Hopefully customs won't be too expensive. I would guess maybe 30 bucks. The delay can be bad though.

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #1,551 of 2,616
Hello,

Have somebody tried the ap 200 with Sennheiser HD 600 or 650?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #1,552 of 2,616
Does anybody know if it's possible to set a "resume when switching-on" function ? Basically, after switching on the AP200, having the Hidizs music player start automatically and resume playing from last played track and position?
Yes, it is possible. Go to Hidizs Player App - Advanced - turn on Song Breakpoint Memory.
Alternatively you can switch from the Android to the Pure Music Mode, and then it opens always the player at the place where you left off.

Hello,
Have somebody tried the ap 200 with Sennheiser HD 600 or 650?
I've tried it with HD650 on high gain. And was quite surprised despite my skepticism how nice can AP200 drive them. Not an ear smashing headroom, but still quite decent sound.

I've written to Hidizs support about the USB and Line out issues, and was pleasantly surprised by their very quick answer:

Hi, we have noted the issue. The AP200 USB has three function, USB storage, DAC in, DAC out.
Now we have released the USB storage and DAC in, but the DAC out is not updated yet. When the DAC out function updated, the connecting with mojo issue will be solve.
We are working hard to update it.
For the phone out/line out function, it will be also updated soon.
Thanks for your patience.
Best Regards
Hidizs Technology Co., Ltd
http://www.hidizs.com

Kudos to Hidizs for this. At the moment happy that the Tidal/Spotify offline download to an external mSD card is perfectly working.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #1,554 of 2,616
Thank you for the reply.

Dec 2, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,555 of 2,616

Well i just got an email from dhl saying it was processed in NY, so maybe in another week or so i might get it, since it's been sitting in NY, for a week....

Dec 2, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #1,556 of 2,616
Hello. Maybe not the best place in this thread, but have you already compared the Mojo (+ any transport) with an audiophile smartphone 'alone' with its internal DAC (as LG V20/V30, or Meizu Pro 5, or vivo xplay) ? I'm not so convinced of the Hidizs AP60 + Mojo combo, compared to the ESS DAC smartphones (using custom in ears). Still waiting for the arrival of my AP200 though...
edit : @Lcdxiii : thanks for the pictures. We chose the same finition. Happy also to guess that you have no bubbles under the screen.

not to mention that Hidizs displayed pictures of the AP200 linked to a Mojo in their marketing on Kickstarter.

Hi, short answer: I don't think any smartphone will be at the same level of the the Mojo period. There's no such thing as an "audiophile smartphone", they may have been paying more attention to sound quality nowadays but it's still a delta-sigma DAC that shares the board and power supply with lots of circuits and uses op-amps at the output.

Dec 2, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #1,557 of 2,616
Hi, short answer: I don't think any smartphone will be at the same level of the the Mojo period. There's no such thing as an "audiophile smartphone", they may have been paying more attention to sound quality nowadays but it's still a delta-sigma DAC that shares the board and power supply with lots of circuits and uses op-amps at the output.

I'm also not convinced of an audiophile smartphone. But it might get 90 percent of the way there at much less cost and much more flexibility. Return on investment again. Inexpensive DAP's with Hiby Link might be a real solution. Inexpensive, a source dedicated to music reproduction, and still have smartphone access to internet, wifi etc.

Dec 2, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #1,559 of 2,616
Email them about my problem, no one reply, left my comment on Kickstarter no one reply hmm. How do I even contact them for a faulty USB c plug?

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #1,560 of 2,616
I'm really glad to hear that they are working on it though!

I'll post a quick overview of it on Audiophile Heaven soon!

Cannot really do my full review until it is finished in firmware and such, since the sound might change withj subsequent firmware updates, but I wanted to share some photos of it to let you know that the build quality is pretty nice actually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back