New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Dec 4, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #1,576 of 2,616
Bluetooth connectivity no issue so far via Bose soundlink revolver.

Even the bass is damn good using this speakers. :)
20171205_074928.jpg
20171205_074933.jpg
20171205_074910.jpg

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #1,578 of 2,616
MBPro.png
AP200.jpg

Well, aluminium or stainless steel, fast wifi it ain't. Upper pic is a MacBook Pro using the same hotspot. Having 1Gbps line connection which drops down on wifi typically to under 500 mbps.
Holding the AP200 very close to the wifi router brings somewhat higher numbers, but also moving away to many parts of my home, where I still have decent signal with the iPhone or iPads, AP200 completely cuts out.

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #1,579 of 2,616
For Tidal users with the AP200: Go to the Settings - Apps - Downloaded -Tidal - under Storage click on MOVE TO SD CARD. It worked perfectly for me.

Thanks @DjBobby for this post and the private message alerting me on this and advise on tools to format the micro SD.

Unfortunately this is not working in my AP200. I have moved Tidal and ES File Explorer to the SD card, it says OK but both apps are not there as after removing SD card the apps work properly.
Even I repeated this operation after mSD reformat with tool https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ that changed from FAT32 to exFAT, with same results of mSD working properly as all FLAC files stored in mSD are seen and played by Hiby Player without issues.
The SD card model I am using is micro SDXC SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 200GB reading speed up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U1 y A1 - is this one AP200 compliant?

Has anyone tested what @DjBobby has got?
Which are the differences with my case?
@Hidizs Hk @Hidizsofficial - any input/support on this?

Thanks

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #1,580 of 2,616
There are two things I'd like to see during my lifetime.

One, gigabit internet. I live in the city where there are many competitions and the new guy was like...oh I'm here but I can't find a parking. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Two, AP200... and I am still waiting and waiting very patiently. :pray::pensive:

Dec 5, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #1,581 of 2,616
Hidizs never answer about my critical problem.

Although I did firmware upgrade and factory reset over 10times, I can't use my ap200 comfortably.

How can I listen music with this problem.

I strive to slove this problem and contact hidizs but hidizs NEVER answers to my question.

Unfortunately I got defective ap200, I hope you to get normal ap200 without any problems because the hidizs never care for customer's claim.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #1,582 of 2,616
Hidizs never answer about my critical problem.

Although I did firmware upgrade and factory reset over 10times, I can't use my ap200 comfortably.

How can I listen music with this problem.

I strive to slove this problem and contact hidizs but hidizs NEVER answers to my question.

Unfortunately I got defective ap200, I hope you to get normal ap200 without any problems because the hidizs never care for customer's claim.

That's very strange. I got the reply from Hidizs, which I've posted back in the thread, just few hours after it was sent.

Dec 5, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,584 of 2,616

I have issues with updating latest FW but not with streaming content to the device like vids n stuff. Not sure what my speed is but I am in Japan so probably fast

50 mbps is way more than youtube requiers even for highest quality setting, so this is not speed related issue for me. Not that I was planning to watch anything on this size/quality screen but just sharing my experience as other people also faced this kind of problem.

Cheers

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #1,585 of 2,616

Well, aluminium or stainless steel, fast wifi it ain't. Upper pic is a MacBook Pro using the same hotspot. Having 1Gbps line connection which drops down on wifi typically to under 500 mbps.
Holding the AP200 very close to the wifi router brings somewhat higher numbers, but also moving away to many parts of my home, where I still have decent signal with the iPhone or iPads, AP200 completely cuts out.

20171205_214318.jpg

Strange, this is a result I have got, though its not maximum I can get with my other devices, but its still good, but you have huge difference between those devices

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #1,586 of 2,616
Thanks @DjBobby for this post and the private message alerting me on this and advise on tools to format the micro SD.

Unfortunately this is not working in my AP200. I have moved Tidal and ES File Explorer to the SD card, it says OK but both apps are not there as after removing SD card the apps work properly.
Even I repeated this operation after mSD reformat with tool https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ that changed from FAT32 to exFAT, with same results of mSD working properly as all FLAC files stored in mSD are seen and played by Hiby Player without issues.
Just to precise it: I haven't moved the Tidal app to the SD card, only it's storage. The Tidal app is still in the internal memory taking only 31.71 MB of space, but all the downloaded offline audio files, 30GB at the moment, are now stored on the external SD card. Any new downloaded Tidal files are landing now automatically on the SD card.

Strange, this is a result I have got, though its not maximum I can get with my other devices, but its still good, but you have huge difference between those devices
I can also get that result, but only if I make a special yoga posture in order to keep the AP200 close to the router. Here I am talking about the normal sitting position, at the desk where all other devices have no problem with the reception. If we think about the AP200 as a mobile DAP, to be used with different wifi signals on the go, in the train or in a hotel room, it might be quite a problem for Tidal/Spotify streaming.

Now an Android newbie question: the Tidal shortcut turned all of the sudden faint and it says App isn't available. If I go to the programs, it is there and I can open it, but not from the main screen. Any ideas?

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #1,587 of 2,616
Now an Android newbie question: the Tidal shortcut turned all of the sudden faint and it says App isn't available. If I go to the programs, it is there and I can open it, but not from the main screen. Any ideas?

Just a thought, was that the shortcut you used prior to moving it or it's storage to your SD card? Try deleting that shortcut from your home screen and adding it again from your app drawer.

Dec 5, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,588 of 2,616
Just a thought, was that the shortcut you used prior to moving it or it's storage to your SD card? Try deleting that shortcut from your home screen and adding it again from your app drawer.
I was using it extensively after moving the storage to the SD card. Thanks a lot, now it worked perfectly the way you suggested.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #1,589 of 2,616
I just bought a "used" Hidizs AP200 on ebay. Still had all screen protection and stickers on it. Around same price as Indigogo (A little cheaper) but from within europe, so I saved a lot on taxes and handling fees.

I installed newest V2.0 firmware right of the bat. Didn't even want to try the stock one.

I get 18/43 in speedtest.net app. I do not know why it is so asynchronous. Streams spotify in "extreme" in all parts of my house. Also outside my house. Pretty impressed. Was expecting a lot worse, from reading in here.

Does not get hot driving Audio Technica M50x at deafening volume. Will take some pics with my thermal camera tomorrow.

Works fine with 3 flac ripped CD's via the Hidizs app.

Uses approx. 10-15% battery per hour at normal listening level streaming spotify.

I REALLY love that smoooooooooth signature. It really compliments my preferred music genres. (Death metal and other types of melodic metal. And oldschool hiphop.)

20171205_164605.jpg

20171205_164637.jpg

20171205_164652.jpg

IMG_20171205_180905.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back