New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Oct 31, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #1,111 of 2,616
Got a notification from the post tonight, and the AP200 is the only thing I'm waiting for at the moment. However I'll only find it out in two days since tomorrow is bank holiday...

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #1,112 of 2,616
Hello guys,

This post is dedicated to Hidizs AP200 owners.
Could you test if the AP200 hardware is recognized by the Neutron Music Player application for the Hi-Res decoding? The last version of Neutron should enable the Hi-Res 24bit decoding using the Generic Driver.
Thanks!

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #1,115 of 2,616
Neutron is an Android mobile application, in my opinion the best sound quality among the Google Play Store.

Pity.... As I've said couple of posts ago (if you read it) - latest FW 0.1.8beta excluded Google Play. I can only install apps now if I have .apk files. If Hidizs would not reply where did GAPS go - I would have to try to install GAPS myself.

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,116 of 2,616
Just another good picture of AP200 in my interior...

_DSC7993.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #1,117 of 2,616
If there is someone who wants to help the developer Dmitry and verify the compatibiliy of AP200 hardware, please download the following apk file:

http://neutronmp.com/download/dev/NeutronMP_NEON_DEV_191017.apk

These are the instructions you have to follow in order to get log files and send them to the developer:

You will need to create NeutronMP folder in the root of internal storage (where you see Android, Music, ...) and logs inside NeutronMP (you will get /NeutronMP/logs) then Neutron will do logging (Neutron must be restarted completely to start logging) and /NeutronMP/logs will contain log files which would be interesting to check. Make sure Audio Hardware -> Generic Driver is switched on. Try playing for some 4-5 minutes to accumulate logs. Then reboot device and do not start Neutron, access /NeutronMP/logs and e-mail log files to
neutronmp@gmail.com

Thanks!
kalo86

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #1,118 of 2,616
Pity.... As I've said couple of posts ago (if you read it) - latest FW 0.1.8beta excluded Google Play. I can only install apps now if I have .apk files. If Hidizs would not reply where did GAPS go - I would have to try to install GAPS myself.

I know nothing about Neutron Music Player... But you can download a Free 5 day test version of the APK file at this link. https://www.apkmonk.com/app/com.neutroncode.mpeval/

It does not say it needs a rooted phone, so assume it would work on the AP200...

And have no idea if you can load an APK file into the AP200 and install it... *This would eliminate need for Play store, and it's free not $6.99 like the permanent version...

Might be safer for @Hidizs Hk to test this out rather than you risk your test AP200 ?

Just trying to be helpful...

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #1,119 of 2,616
The Neutron app is also available on the main website of the developer. There is no need of a rooted system in order to get the best sound from this must-have app.
The real power is the presence of a custom driver, the Generic Driver, which makes the difference with other apps. I have also PowerAmp (the paid version) and there is no competition. Neutron app is the best and I'm not the only one assessing this conclusion.

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #1,120 of 2,616
If there is someone who wants to help the developer Dmitry and verify the compatibiliy of AP200 hardware, please download the following apk file:

http://neutronmp.com/download/dev/NeutronMP_NEON_DEV_191017.apk

These are the instructions you have to follow in order to get log files and send them to the developer:

You will need to create NeutronMP folder in the root of internal storage (where you see Android, Music, ...) and logs inside NeutronMP (you will get /NeutronMP/logs) then Neutron will do logging (Neutron must be restarted completely to start logging) and /NeutronMP/logs will contain log files which would be interesting to check. Make sure Audio Hardware -> Generic Driver is switched on. Try playing for some 4-5 minutes to accumulate logs. Then reboot device and do not start Neutron, access /NeutronMP/logs and e-mail log files to
neutronmp@gmail.com

Thanks!
kalo86

Ok. Just for you. Installed and checked...

How to install without Google Play and file browser: just download any apk with internet browser and it would install apps after download (I've downloaded NeutronMP here and ES file explorer on other site)

Created the necessary folders for logs and run NeutronMP. Checked that generic audio driver was used.

NeutronMP works. Plays. Checked different types of audio formats. Even volume button works calling gain function.

The only 2 issues I've found so far:

1. Graphical AFR representation is kind of slow
2. DSD128, 11290kbps, 5644800Hz, 1bit, 2CH - type of files play with hiccups.

Attaching log file if you need it. And I've already sent it to Dmitry.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #1,121 of 2,616
Hello guys,

This post is dedicated to Hidizs AP200 owners.
Could you test if the AP200 hardware is recognized by the Neutron Music Player application for the Hi-Res decoding? The last version of Neutron should enable the Hi-Res 24bit decoding using the Generic Driver.
Thanks!

How to check whether it uses 24bit?

There are some data in Audio Hardware:
Channels: 2 (max 8), Bits: 32 (out 16)

and there is an option to force 32-bit output (output audio data to the device at 32bit resolution)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #1,122 of 2,616
How to check whether it uses 24bit?

If you want to check if Neutron is reproducing your audio files in Hi-Res mode, you need to go to Settings, Audio Hardware, make sure that Generic Driver has been selected, click on Generic Driver and select Hi-Res Codec (direct PCM), just confirm the settings and then Exit.
Another important setting is to enable the Follow Source Frequency.
Apply these Audio Hardware settings and exit.
Choose a track based on 24bit (for example), play it and enter again in Settings, Audio Hardware, you should see the out bit in the upper side of the view (see image):
Screenshot_20171101-214559.jpg

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #1,123 of 2,616
If you want to check if Neutron is reproducing your audio files in Hi-Res mode, you need to go to Settings, Audio Hardware, make sure that Generic Driver has been selected, click on Generic Driver and select Hi-Res Codec (direct PCM), just confirm the settings and then Exit.
Another important setting is to enable the Follow Source Frequency.
Apply these Audio Hardware settings and exit.
Choose a track based on 24bit (for example), play it and enter again in Settings, Audio Hardware, you should see the out bit in the upper side of the view (see image):

Nope, still says Bits 32 (out 16).

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #1,125 of 2,616
The first parameter 32 is indicating that Neutron is being executed as 32bit application because the Hidizs AP200 is based on a 32bit Android system. In my case, I have the OnePlus 3T which runs Android 64bit, so I am running Neutron at 64bit.
The out bits parameters is the focus of this test, in order to have a Hi-Res reproduction.
Maybe the DAC of AP200 is not yet supported by Neutron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back