New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Aug 8, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #632 of 2,616
It runs Andriod 5.1 (I believe it's 5.1), so it should have all the capabilities of an Android device.

You’re spot on... The AP200 is running Android 5.1, so all “should” work fine. Would still be nice to just double check for our piece of mind.

But also how the DACs works with them; is there a loss of quality if not using the “Pure Music Mode” or no noticeable difference.

Spotify - Android OS 4.0.3 and above.
TIDAL - Android OS 4.1 and above.
Apple Music - Android 4.3 and above.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #633 of 2,616
Hello. @Dobrescu George and @Hawaiibadboy

If you have a chance/ time (not a big one if you don’t). Can you please test the speed of playing back files via the internal memory and then via the MicroSD card. Also, if you happen to have a 256GB card, would be good to see if the AP200 can see the full available space in it.

As a bonus, when connected to your PC/ Mac, can you please check that it/ if a) comes up as a USB 3 device and the speed of transfer. I only ask this because the RK3188 SoC being use only supports USB 2.0 and would like to know if it’s just a USB-C port only or are they using a third party seperate chip allowing full USB 3 speed/ compatibility. Maybe @Hidizs Hk can answer some of these questions?

Once again, these are just technical questions, and please only check them if you have the time only, as with 7 days to go, I think the more important stuff people are asking like SQ, digital filters, UI speed/ usability and third party (Google Play Store) steaming tests are probably more important first.

Cheers.
20170808_135014[1].jpg

Spotify up and runnin with ease. PC related questions are not my thing. I think George can reply to that.

Of the DAP's in my possession this one is time critical so i will focus on it as the campaign approaches.

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #636 of 2,616
can you install tidal and play in offline mode?

And Spotify offline too

And Apple Music offline too... :grin:

I don't have an account for any of those services, not sure how to test them yet, but I will test them.

Hello. @Dobrescu George and @Hawaiibadboy

If you have a chance/ time (not a big one if you don’t). Can you please test the speed of playing back files via the internal memory and then via the MicroSD card. Also, if you happen to have a 256GB card, would be good to see if the AP200 can see the full available space in it.

As a bonus, when connected to your PC/ Mac, can you please check that it/ if a) comes up as a USB 3 device and the speed of transfer. I only ask this because the RK3188 SoC being use only supports USB 2.0 and would like to know if it’s just a USB-C port only or are they using a third party seperate chip allowing full USB 3 speed/ compatibility. Maybe @Hidizs Hk can answer some of these questions?

Once again, these are just technical questions, and please only check them if you have the time only, as with 7 days to go, I think the more important stuff people are asking like SQ, digital filters, UI speed/ usability and third party (Google Play Store) steaming tests are probably more important first.

Cheers.

Copy speeds are not USB 3.0 speeds, but inclusion of Type-C and USB 3.0 is for other reasons, not for having copy speeds that large. My CardReader which is a professional tool doesn't have USB 3.0 speeds. My take / guess is that USB 3.0 and Type-C are there to make usage of AP200 with an external USB DAC and as a USB DAC easier and make it more compatible with a larger number of other devices.

128 GB mSD card is read perfectly, works perfectly, no stutter with any files!

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #637 of 2,616
Let's hope someone has both :smile_phones:

I was somewhat interested in the 300 something smething from Pioneer because it has a cool design, but not XDP-100R because I'm not very confident about the design.

I am very much interested in how ap200 and xdp100r compare, same price, so for me sound quality is crucial and I am hoping I will get any answers before campaign ends

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #638 of 2,616
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if HibyMusic supports ReplayGain tags? Cheers.

I don't see any setting for ReplayGain, but I've seen something really awesome, Hiby is supposed to support play through folders!

@Dobrescu George Can you confirm if there is hiss while using Dunu Dk 3001 with AP200. Dunu 3001 hiss with both O2 amp and fiio x5 1st gen.

Not a single bit of hiss that those old ears can detect. I heard DK-3001 have a bit of hiss with MegaMini for example, but no hiss with AP200 nor Opus #3.

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #639 of 2,616

Spotify up and runnin with ease. PC related questions are not my thing. I think George can reply to that.

Of the DAP's in my possession this one is time critical so i will focus on it as the campaign approaches.

Hi @Hawaiibadboy, Do you think that Hidizs AP200 could be a competitor of the FiiO X5 3rd gen? Of course with SE output (not in balanced mode). Thank you!

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #643 of 2,616
I don't see any setting for ReplayGain, but I've seen something really awesome, Hiby is supposed to support play through folders!
I thought that was a mandatory feature for a modern Android DAP:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back