New Hidizs AP200 double DAC Android-based smart music player
Aug 7, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #618 of 2,616
Awesome, can’t wait to hear more once you have more of a play with it. So far your early impressions already seem quite high, which is good to hear.

I was totally sold on the Black one, but I don’t know, this Blue colour has a bit of 80’s charm to it. I’m a little torn now.

Very positive impressions so far!

If you have a cheaper set of IEMs to test with, that would be handy. Also, if you get to a chance, can you please test line out into a stereo system too. Cheers.

Sure! I'll try to give AP200 a listen with Oriveti New Primacy!

Correction, $299 is their MSRP. Shouldn't use their discounted price as comparison mark.

Fair point :beyersmile:

I'd still like to say that ~300$ price range is not ~500$ price range.

@Dobrescu George: do you think that the Hidizs AP200 could compete with the FiiO X5 3rd gen?

It really depends on what you're looking for, each jas very very different advantages.

hi, can you check if the 3.5mm is emitting any red lights? or maybe a function to change the output to spdif.

i have not seen a usb that output spdif. :frowning2:

I don't know what SPDIF is very well :triportsad:

Will still ask and try to search if it has one or if it works - sorry but I've never used something with this feature before, but I think that iDSD BL should have something like an input with it.

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #619 of 2,616
It really depends on what you're looking for, each jas very very different advantages.

I'm looking for the best audio quality between FiiO X5 3rd gen and Hidizs AP200 using them with the single ended output.
In these days I'm going to evaluate the idea of FiiO X7 MK2 for the balanced output.
I hope you can answer now :)

Aug 7, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #620 of 2,616
I'm looking for the best audio quality between FiiO X5 3rd gen and Hidizs AP200 using them with the single ended output.
In these days I'm going to evaluate the idea of FiiO X7 MK2 for the balanced output.
I hope you can answer now :)

I honestly think that they have different sonic signatures and some people will like one of them, while other people will like the other one. X5-3 is smooth and romantic while AP200 is vivid and energetic, if I tried to put it in a few simple words. Each will appeal to a different public, I for one like vivid and energetic / happy signatures a bit more than relaxed/smooth ones.

Aug 7, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #621 of 2,616
I honestly think that they have different sonic signatures and some people will like one of them, while other people will like the other one. X5-3 is smooth and romantic while AP200 is vivid and energetic, if I tried to put it in a few simple words. Each will appeal to a different public, I for one like vivid and energetic / happy signatures a bit more than relaxed/smooth ones.

Not sure you've tried yet... But Do the Digital filters on the AP200 affect it's sound signature ?

Aug 7, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #622 of 2,616
Not sure you've tried yet... But Do the Digital filters on the AP200 affect it's sound signature ?

Yes, I think they do, but even with RE-2000, I have a pretty hard time explaining how they change the sound. Maybe I don't know what to expect exactly so I'm focusing on the wrong parts of the sound while trying to explain what these do.

Aug 7, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #623 of 2,616
Yes, I think they do, but even with RE-2000, I have a pretty hard time explaining how they change the sound. Maybe I don't know what to expect exactly so I'm focusing on the wrong parts of the sound while trying to explain what these do.
No Problem ! I don't know exactly what they do either! :slight_smile:

Appreciate your quick reply and initial thoughts on the sound signature !

Pete

Aug 7, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #625 of 2,616
Mayebe this quetion will be answered soon :wink:

any idea how ap200 would compare to Pioneer XDP-100R ? especially after output power limitation removal for pioneer with latest firmware. am only looking for any advise but only regarding sound quality / power , don't care about any fancy bounces

100r can be bought almost for the same price as ap200 so I really need an advise here please

cheers

Aug 8, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #630 of 2,616
Hello. @Dobrescu George and @Hawaiibadboy

If you have a chance/ time (not a big one if you don’t). Can you please test the speed of playing back files via the internal memory and then via the MicroSD card. Also, if you happen to have a 256GB card, would be good to see if the AP200 can see the full available space in it.

As a bonus, when connected to your PC/ Mac, can you please check that it/ if a) comes up as a USB 3 device and the speed of transfer. I only ask this because the RK3188 SoC being use only supports USB 2.0 and would like to know if it’s just a USB-C port only or are they using a third party seperate chip allowing full USB 3 speed/ compatibility. Maybe @Hidizs Hk can answer some of these questions?

Once again, these are just technical questions, and please only check them if you have the time only, as with 7 days to go, I think the more important stuff people are asking like SQ, digital filters, UI speed/ usability and third party (Google Play Store) steaming tests are probably more important first.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back